PDA

View Full Version : And so Friday has arrived

Monique
March 10th, 2017, 07:46 AM
Good morning friends. Okay it is official, I do have a cold. BUT it's not a MAN cold so I shall survive. I thought yesterday that it was just my sinuses but nope.

So I started sewing together one of the quilts I thought I would donate for an on-line auction for Relay for Life but I have lots of time to do that. I wanted to get cracking on the memory quilt. Well cracking I did. I even did the math right for one of the 'panels' I put together. So I am just about all done putting the top together. I will take a picture later. I still have 5 rows of blocks to put together, that's 12 blocks across by 18 down. Blocks are 5 1/2 unfinished. The quilt is larger than I thought. I think she will be pleased with the results. I still have ONE silk tie to add somewhere and I was thinking I might just use it to make a border for the label I will add to the back. I haven't decided yet.

So today will be just that, finishing up this quilt.

Hubby and friends are going to attend the golf show in Ottawa tomorrow. I may go to an auction sale depending on how I feel. We also have an invitation to attend my niece's birthday bash on Saturday night. It will depend on what time the boys get back from the show.

Sunday is a free day and then I start working Monday at that little post office in the church. You know what that means, I get to quilt for a week. I do have a quilt that needs finishing and I have lots of shows downloaded to watch. I have lots to keep me busy next week.

Have a wonderful day and a great weekend.

Bubby
March 10th, 2017, 07:59 AM
Good Morning All...We had another bad storm last evening with tons of hail. We're pretty sure we have damage to our roof and garage but we won't know until the sun comes up. Last nights storm was far worse than the one the night before.

I got a lot of housework done yesterday but there's still more to do. I need to make a grocery run some time today also.

I love the new tutorial. This is one of my favorite designs. I may use the Kaffe Fassett LC I ordered last week.

Wishing everyone a fabulous Friday!

Star lover
March 10th, 2017, 08:25 AM
Good morning all. Power has been restored to half of those who lost it. The rest will take longer - smaller areas. They're saying not till sometime next week. Our one son and family lost theirs and they have 3 little ones. The youngest born thanksgiving day. I said they should come and stay at my place but my son got a generator (he works for a construction comp) and he has the furnace, frig and freezer and 1outlet (my dil is using a hot plate) on it. Sure wish they'd reconsider. I'll call later this am and see if coming here sounds more appealing. Suppose to get cold. Highs in the 20's, lows in the teens. I feel bad for all those with no power and all the workers out there in the cold and it's still pretty windy out.
Hope to sew some today. Everyone have a blessed day and weekend!

Ginny B
March 10th, 2017, 08:58 AM
Good morning all and Happy Friday. Waiting for the snow to begin here. Not going to be very much. Somewhere in the 3-6" range. And then it's supposed to get really cold again for a few days. Good reason to stay inside and sew this weekend. :) I did do some sewing while I was home yesterday. Feeling less achy today. Sorry about your cold Monique. Hope you feel better soon.

Have a good Friday everyone.

Annababy
March 10th, 2017, 09:45 AM
Good morning. My hubby is on a business trip in Fayetteville, AR. I drove up last night. While he finishes up some work, I am going to visit a few quilt shops! If we get on the road soon enough we will go home through Eureka Springs. I understand there is a great quilt shop there.

We had storms and hail last night. It was quite a show from the 11th floor window at the hotel.

I like the new tutorial.

Everyone have a safe and happy day!

Navy Wife
March 10th, 2017, 11:05 AM
I have to laugh at the differences in attitude about the weather! GinnyB, you are saying 4 to 6inches of snow is not much. Here in the Smokies we may get 1 to 3, and the whole world is in panic mode! All depends on your point of view.

peggiep
March 10th, 2017, 11:09 AM
Friday - at last. Sorry to hear about all the storms that have been happening and I can understand not having any power for an extended period of time. Hopefully it is not as bad as anticipated and power is restored soon. Bubby - I hope there is no damage from the hail. That is scary!

Monique, I hope your cold is short-lived and that you feel better soon!

Well, our kitchen reno is finally finished and we are ready to leave on our Carribean cruise is about 12 hours from now. I am really looking forward to getting away from the cold and wind to spend a little time in Fort Lauderdale and then off to St. Maarten, San Juan and Turks & Caicos for a week.

Have a good week, since I won't have WiFi on the ship, I won't be able to check in, but I will be thinking of all of you. Hugs and blessings to all!

grammaterry
March 10th, 2017, 11:38 AM
There will be internet service on that ship. Never fear. You'll just have to pay for it.
Anyway, yep the world stops here in NC when we predict 3 inches of snow! Sometimes I think they make it up just to get face time on the weather. Other times we joke they have stock in the grocery store.
Newspaper guy came yesterday and interviewed about the quilts and the generosity of the forum. He took pictures. I hope he gives us a boost on fundraising. Said he'd try to have it in a few weeks. That'd be cool.
Monique, asperin and purple grape juice will make you feel better

mischiefkat
March 10th, 2017, 01:03 PM
Grammaterry,
Nice that the newspaper came to interview you. Maybe the interview will be picked up by other news networks.That would be nice. Kathy

Simply Quilting
March 10th, 2017, 01:35 PM
Good Morning!

Monique, hope that you get well soon.

Barb, I hope there is not any damage. The storms have been going either north or south of us - I'm fine not getting the storms but we are in need of the rain.

I am maybe going to get some binding cut, sewn and pressed today. That way as soon as I get the quilts back from the quilter, I can get the binding on them.

For anyone who has missed seeing the post, the 2017 Fall Forum Retreat Registration is now open. For more details and the registration link, go to the forum post http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/showthread.php?t=69157 We have already sold over half the 40 spots. So if you are thinking about going, I would get signed up soon as we have a limited number of spots.

Have a great day and a wonderful weekend everyone :)

JCY
March 10th, 2017, 03:10 PM
Good morning, All ~ It's almost noon already! I've been filling out paper work for DH to see a new dr. Several pages of medical history, HIPPA forms, etc. It took time to wade through all of it. It's now in the mail.

Partly sunny, but cooler today. It may make it up to 65. We had 77 yest. It was so nice. I even opened the front screen door for a while for some fresh air in the house. We're hurting for moisture, though.

I actually sewed for about 1 hr. after DH went to bed yest. I got 1 block sewn together of the scrappy 9-patch star. I spent quite a bit of time resting in the recliner. I hope the fatigue doesn't linger too long. I miss sewing & even doing regular housework. I've been too tired to vac or dust. Just doing meals, laundry, required groc. shopping, etc. The dust bunnies will have to wait.

Terri - how nice you got coverage from the newspaper. I hope that will boost the sales of your quilts. Post a link when the article gets printed.

I hope everyone has a good week end. Monique, get well soon!