PDA

View Full Version : Night Owl in Wintry Spring

kimsophia
March 10th, 2017, 03:23 AM
Hoot hoot! Any night owls up? I am taking a break from my March embroidery project. I found a technique that uses waste canvas to position the patterns. Interesting, but now I wish I had gotten 14 count waste canvas and not 10, but that is what the book I got recommended.

Funny story--anybody eaten black bean soup with a whole can of chipotles in adobo poured in? I was not familiar with that product, but I am now! :D

What's the news in your nest?

bubba
March 10th, 2017, 03:43 AM
Still hobbling around on my wounded foot. We go to the doctor tomorrow so they can do marks on MM for his surgery Monday. He starts a liquid diet on Saturday that will last till surgery and he is not happy about that. Thank goodness I have a purse to test, because that is what I'll be doing this weekend so I don't have to hear him grumble. He was talking about going to see a movie on Saturday, by himself, and I mentioned how he would survive without popcorn, so I think he's thinking twice about that!

Simply Quilting
March 10th, 2017, 04:25 AM
I am for a little bit. Little one who had a good evening nap and is now wide wake is keeping his Daddy entertained right now. It is fun to listen to them chat. He has found his loud voice which we are working on trying to get him to learn to talk softly. He is growing way too fast. I finished dh's quilt top and took it to the quilter today. This afternoon/evening was busy taking the children to their activities - bowling, 4-H cooking, and Bible study. I did manage to get the registration post up and the group started for the 2017 MSQC Fall Forum Retreat.

I am hoping tomorrow will be a little bit slower as I would like to start on making the binding for dh's quilt.

Have a hoot of an evening everyone :)

Judy, USMC
March 10th, 2017, 04:29 AM
I'm heading off to bed now. Had to stay up to check the DD - I'm on the fence about 2 of the Jelly Rolls so I'll do what I usually do when I have no definite plan for them in the immediate future ... put them in my basket and if they're still there when I wake up I'll get them.

Time to get to bed .... and start dreaming about the Forum Retreat! I did get a commuter ticket. Yea for me!

TMP
March 10th, 2017, 04:42 AM
Finally my shoulder and wrist have stopped throbbing. Thank god for modern medicine! I can't imagine how early generations must have dealt with arthritis. I have been just piecing quilts and not quilting them lately. I think I am ready to start back with the quilting. My nephew is coming for the weekend. His girlfriend, who is in med school is getting her white coat. Seems its a big deal when they issue those. Hubby is adjusting to retirement. ( well sort of ). The man has finally caught up with all the honey-do-list I had for him. I think after years of constantly being super busy, its really hard to stop and enjoy life. He says he is going to make me a quilt ladder to hang my quilts on. YA!! DD wants one too. That should keep him busy for awhile.
Bubba, bless your heart. You sure have your hands full. I hope MM's surgery goes well and he recovers fast . Prayers for y'all.

Claire Hallman
March 10th, 2017, 01:02 PM
Thank god for modern medicine!
His girlfriend, who is in med school is getting her white coat.
He says he is going to make me a quilt ladder to hang my quilts on. That should keep him busy for awhile.

Congratulations on the pain resolution and the girlfriend's white coat.
Please ask your DH to make me a ladder, too.:D I bet we could keep him busy for months if not years.

toggpine
March 11th, 2017, 04:23 AM
I'm still hanging out in the woods. I just haven't been up to posting. Trying to get caught up with school, farm, and house stuff.

I finished counting BoxTops and grocery receipts for Jan/Feb. two weeks and I'll have to do it again for end of the month contests.

We should be expecting baby goats this next week too. Barn gets pitched down tomorrow and the kidding pens will be set up to welcome new arrivals. We might get to working on some stuff in the garden too.

I have a two week break from our after school sewing class. I need to come up with a few more projects for them to work on for the last session. I'm sure if I dig through my stuff, I'll find some good ideas.

I hope all is well in your neck of the woods!
Hugs, Cathy