PDA

View Full Version : Happy Thursday

Monique
March 9th, 2017, 09:53 AM
Good morning friends. The sun is trying to show itself this morning. And it is getting colder again. Yesterday wasn't a bad day, we had sunshine but the wind was cold. And it howled all night.

I set out to have a quiet day but went shopping instead. I bought myself a new iron, a new sweater and a new pillow. I got an awesome deal at Walmart for leggings @ $1. I bought Sadie 6 pairs. I also needed coffee pods and Walmart had them @ $4.97 but I had $2 off coupons. So I used them all up and bought 17 packages.

This morning I think I am coming down with the cold. I am sure I must have picked it up at the funeral from someone or yesterday shopping, UGH. It feels like a little worm is working its way up my nose and I hate that. Throat is a little sore but I thought maybe it was from snoring. Me snore? Apparently I do and yes I have woken myself up at times.

I did do a little sewing last night. I tried my new iron and burnt one of tip of my fingers. Works good!!!!! I was going to donate this one to Victoria's Quilts but I think I will give it up for the auction coming up soon for Relay for Life instead. I want to get back to the memory quilt I am making.

So that's what I will do today. I shouldn't say what I am going to do because it always turns into something else. In any case, that is what the plan is so far.

My mother-in-law's quilt got washed last night. How sad that she didn't get to enjoy it for long. No use dwelling on it now. I am just happy she did enjoy it for a brief time and that it is back home with us.

Have a great day everyone.

Star lover
March 9th, 2017, 10:09 AM
Wow, Wednesday was wild here. 70 mile hour winds. So much damage and over 1 million without power. The news mentioned that it's 1 million households, businesses, etc. so many more people affected. So thankful we kept ours. But wow, what a mess! Sounds like it may take a week or longer to get everyone back on power. They're bringing in help from at least 5 states. We didn't have damage this bad when a tornado hit many years ago. Hope every one is safe today and doing good.

songbird857
March 9th, 2017, 10:36 AM
Morning all...
I'm on the hunt for the perfect pattern for a fabric dollhouse or book for a 2 year old's birthday - next week... LOL
I sent out the backpacks yesterday, and I'll start creating the birthday gift at some point today or tomorrow. a trip to Hobby Lobby may be in order :)
Have a great day all!!

Bubby
March 9th, 2017, 10:41 AM
Morning Everyone...Jeff went back to work this morning and most of my day will be getting the house back in shape and catching up the laundry.

The vet called me yesterday to pick up two new antibiotics for Olive after he got the results back from her latest urine culture. She is slowing down and sleeps more than usual. Other than that she eats, plays and loves to go outdoors.

I think I have enough hourglass blocks for a good size quilt ready to lay out and sew together. I think I will wait to do this until the first of the week.

I saw the high winds in Michigan last night on the news. I hope it doesn't take long to get power up again. In 2009 we were without water and power for over two weeks when a huge tornado came through our town. Our outage was in May, so we didn't freeze but not having water is the pits. Almost every water main in our area broke and had to be replaced from the violent shaking of the ground.

I wish everyone a good Thursday. Monique, take good care of that cold. Zinc lozenges really help.

Ginny B
March 9th, 2017, 11:08 AM
Good morning and Happy Thursday. Wasn't feeling so great this morning (a little headachy and overall stiffness) so I decided to stay home. Sitting here looking out the window at the sunshine but listening to the wind kicking up. Of course tomorrow will be a not-so-sunny morning -- we are getting some snow. I was going to take my boot tray out of our foyer and put our boots away but I guess not quite yet.

I'm still in my pj's but I think I'll just put some comfy sweats on and go down to the end of the driveway to get the paper and then I will head upstairs and just stay cozy in my sewing room for the day. The sun is shining in there too. :)

Monique, sorry you are not feeling so great today. Songbird, good luck with your fabric hunt.

Starlover, I saw on the news about so many people being without power because of those storms. I hope they get them back online sooner than they think they will. Have fun with your laundry Barb. I hope you get to sew for a bit too.

Have a good Thursday everyone.

Claire Hallman
March 9th, 2017, 12:41 PM
Sorry about those that are feeling poorly, hope it passes soon. Hope the power comes back soon, too.

I think my sewing will cease for today, we are painting our bathroom, yuck, I mean what fun, anyone want to help?:icon_wave:

I got all my fabric cut for the Bonnie Hunter Smith Mtn. Morning class coming up next month. At least most of it is done, there are so many small pieces I expect there is more cutting yet to do.:icon_bigsmile:

Have a great Thursday everyone.

Star lover
March 9th, 2017, 12:52 PM
I think my sewing will cease for today, we are painting our bathroom, yuck, I mean what fun, anyone want to help?:icon_wave:
Have a great Thursday everyone.

You might get a bite if you Tom Sawyered it :lol:

JCY
March 9th, 2017, 04:50 PM
It's just after noon here. The towing co. came at 8:00 this a.m. to transport my damaged car over to the body shop. After I finished my breakfast, I drove over there to sign the appropriate paper work, etc. Surprisingly, the guy who worked with me said he thought he could get it in the shop today to examine the damage. I'm thankful they can get going on it so quickly. The other body shop that coordinates with our insurance said they didn't have room on their lot to tow it in till the 1st week of June!

I've been very tired the past 3 days. I'm still dealing with muscle soreness, headache, & a lot of fatigue. My scrappy 9-Patch star blocks remain spread out on the floor untouched. Just haven't felt up to sewing. I had another massage yest. She did a bit of acupuncture, too.

It's been windy here for 4 days! Not as bad as it was on Mon, but still pretty breezy. Lots of papers blew into the yard. Today it's sunny & 74 deg. Very nice. Lots of crocuses are blooming now. Other bulbs are poking up through the soil. If only it weren't so dry. Parts of the state have been under red flag warnings for high fire danger. N.E. Colo. had a fire the first of the week that burned 32,500 acres, destroyed homes & outbuildings, & ~ 200 head of cattle. Some folks lost everything. We really need some moisture.

Well, it's time to fix my lunch.

EnumclawGramma
March 9th, 2017, 05:58 PM
Hi all! Rainy day here in the PNW and I read there's some big wind coming. I know for sure Spring is just around the corner, Crocuses are up in the front yard. I think I'm actually looking forward to working in our new little yard this year. Way better than beating the forest back in the other house.

I'm working on a Courthouse Steps quilt for my son. I just got the border fabric today so I can finish it up anytime. I've got 3 more blocks to make and borders. I'm excited. I think it's going to be awesome.

Monique, I feel that your yucks are probably because of all you've gone through the last several days. I would take it easy, be good to you, drink tea and do something that feels good. (Shopping always works!)

Off to the sewing room. Have a wonderful day all. Hugs/Prayers for all in need!