PDA

View Full Version : Looking For (ASAP)...

songbird857
March 9th, 2017, 09:32 AM
Ok, because this is how I roll, it seems I like to put myself in a time crunch... I just work better that way ;)

I am looking for a fabric dollhouse pattern - I am searching myself, but would love to hear from anyone that has made one that they love! I know someone made one a while ago (Jean??), and I'm sure I bookmarked it but, yeah... um...
I did find an adorable one in New Zealand; I have emailed the designer to see if she has a PDF to download.

This will be for a 2 year old, so if I don't find something I love, I will go the 'busy book' route instead (I have found some very cute patterns for these already).
Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions!!

Monique
March 9th, 2017, 09:42 AM
I haven't but wish you all the luck in finding one you like.

Suzette
March 9th, 2017, 09:48 AM
I Googled it and so many came up! Lots of different types, styles and sizes, so not sure exactly which you are looking to make. Good luck and I would love to see your finished project!

vchale
March 9th, 2017, 09:50 AM
Are you thinking about the kind that goes over a card table?

songbird857
March 9th, 2017, 09:55 AM
Vernona - not that big (yet :))..
I'm open to ideas, and I always have visions of grandeur... but she is only 2 ;)
I did find this and I like the clear instructions, so I may keep it simple for now and do this one...
http://uklassinus.blogspot.com/2008/08/fabric-dollhouse-tutorial.html

Hulamoon
March 9th, 2017, 09:59 AM
I remember Sandy made something like that. There are some nice ones on Pinterest, but when I switched it to PDF it changed to mostly just dolls.

Bouse
March 9th, 2017, 10:05 AM
As soon as I read your post, that's the one I thought about. I'm glad you found it because I need it too. Many thanks.

Sandy Navas
March 9th, 2017, 10:07 AM
Norma - I do think I have a folding one (not sure if I have the actual pattern or if I saw one and made my own pattern - 'cause that's how I roll). I also know for a fact that I have a flat fairy garden one with a little structured hut.

I have your e-mail ad so I'll send you some more information after I get to my sewing room this morning.

songbird857
March 9th, 2017, 10:10 AM
Norma - I do think I have a folding one (not sure if I have the actual pattern or if I saw one and made my own pattern - 'cause that's how I roll). I also know for a fact that I have a flat fairy garden one with a little structured hut.

I have your e-mail ad so I'll send you some more information after I get to my sewing room this morning.

Thank you m'dear :) I knew it was either you or Jean that had made the flat one that I saw! I'm trying to balance creativity within the finite amount of time that I have ;) Of course, I also started looking at little wooden people figures to paint to go with the dollhouse if I do the little boxy one... OH NO... she's outta control again ;) Did I mention that I have one week to do this?

Sandy Navas
March 9th, 2017, 10:19 AM

This is the Fairy House I made.

songbird857
March 9th, 2017, 10:21 AM

You are amazing!

Sandy Navas
March 9th, 2017, 10:23 AM
This is the other one I made.

Sandy Navas
March 9th, 2017, 10:26 AM
Love the book - I'd take a year to do that because I'd keep coming up with other ideas. I can see lots of little pieces being lost though - the velcro pieces, or snap on. Kinda like the felt pieces we used to see in Sunday School - the sheep always managed to wander off.

Think about a book with a shoe to lace, a zipper to open, buttons, snaps????

songbird857
March 9th, 2017, 10:31 AM
Sooo many ideas - Yeah, I thought the same thing - so many pieces for a 2 year old to lose.

I like the idea of a 'getting dressed' type of book with buttons, snaps, laces, etc... I'll decide over the next day or 2 and then get busy! So far I'm liking the little boxy house because I know I could whip that up quickly, but I'm not 100% sure yet.

This is the one I would absolutely make if I can get the pattern in a PDF. Still waiting to hear back from the designer. I know I could figure it out if I had started a bit earlier, we'll see... Scroll down past the cute little name banner and you'll see pics of the dollhouse...
http://snippetsnscraps.blogspot.com/2012/02/gillians-show-and-tell-pieces.html
.... lol... actually I'm looking at that one now thinking... I really could try to replicate it. I'm also thinking of how I could have the fridge open, and the shower curtain run across a piece of ribbon or elastic to open and close... Arrrgghhhh.... my brain hurts!

Sharyn J
March 9th, 2017, 11:21 AM
songbird: There is a PDF download (free) for that pattern. The download button is right after the last photo.
http://snippetsnscraps.blogspot.com/2012/02/gillians-show-and-tell-pieces.html

Aww, sorry, I downloaded it but I don't see any directions. I found the pattern here:
http://clothdollpatterns.com/patterns2/id32.htm

Jean Sewing Machine
March 9th, 2017, 11:21 AM
I have these panels for small doll houses and stuffed dolls. You can have them if you want them. Just PM me your address.

You'll have to wing it for putting them together, but I think it shouldn't be too hard to put together. No directions on the panel.

Jean Sewing Machine
March 9th, 2017, 11:27 AM
Or this

Sharyn J
March 9th, 2017, 11:29 AM
Here is the pattern for the dollhouse. She also has some other cute patterns.
http://clothdollpatterns.com/patterns2/id32.htm

Star lover
March 9th, 2017, 11:31 AM

WOW, Amazing is an understatement! You're soooooo talented. Beyond me. Thanks for sharing. Gotta say WOW.. . . ....again wow!

GrammaBabs
March 9th, 2017, 11:42 AM
http://uklassinus.blogspot.com/2008/08/fabric-dollhouse-tutorial.html

I saved this one, and can't believe i found it in the "mess" i have created on my "favs",,,LOL
but i think it might be the same one you have already.... funny how MA gals think alike..:)))) GB

Hulamoon
March 9th, 2017, 11:49 AM
I have these panels for small doll houses and stuffed dolls. You can have them if you want them. Just PM me your address.

You'll have to wing it for putting them together, but I think it shouldn't be too hard to put together. No directions on the panel.
That's adorable!!

songbird857
March 9th, 2017, 12:14 PM
You guys are the best!
Sharyn - I have that link to the pattern, it appears that it is a hard copy, so I emailed the designer (or at least that site) to see if there is a pdf available.
....update.... I heard back from the website that has that pattern - she said that she does not believe that the designer offers epatterns, just hard copies. I do think that I will order it at some point because I really like it.

Jean, that is way too cute! Are those little dollhouse books or 3D??

Babs - Yes, that is the one I'm considering just because I know it would be super fast.

Mimi_Howard
March 9th, 2017, 01:29 PM
It did take me a year to do a "quiet book" and since my newest GD is only 7 mos., I should start on a doll house now. Probably take me another year to get one of those made too!

RockinLou
March 9th, 2017, 01:44 PM

oh my goodness, that is too stinkin' cute!!! My 8 year old would love it!! ;-)

tamsterg7
March 10th, 2017, 12:29 AM
I don't ha e one, but know the one from the New Zealand designer that uou mdntioned and love it! Hope she responds to you and you can use that one.

Hulamoon
March 10th, 2017, 10:28 AM
This is really cute for a little girl

https://www.etsy.com/listing/85032828/castle-caddy-pdf-download-instructions

Star lover
March 10th, 2017, 10:48 AM
This is really cute for a little girl

https://www.etsy.com/listing/85032828/castle-caddy-pdf-download-instructions

Oh, really cute for a girl. They even had some cute stuff for boys! Thanks for the link!

peggiep
March 10th, 2017, 11:13 AM

Sandy - that is just so adorable! I can imagine the fairies just love to play in that wonderful space! :)