PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for my friend

Cokie
March 9th, 2017, 01:09 AM
We have a good friend, Tim, whom we've known for many, many years. Our families used to attend the same church and he taught Sunday School with DH and me for years. Our kids grew up together, and we were involved in lots of things together thru church. We've kind of lost touch a bit over the past few years since we're now going to different churches and and our kids are all grown, but he's still someone very special to me - like another brother.

Today I got an email from him that he has been having stomach pain for a while, and yesterday had a scope done. He was expecting to be told that he had acid reflux or something like that, but instead found that he has a 45cm mass (17 3/4") in the area where his esophagus and stomach meet. The doctor did a biopsy and the results are not back but he believes it to be malignant. He will be having more tests done tomorrow and will get the results next week.

He is only 57 years old, married, has three kids who are all married, and 4 grandchildren. He is a devout Christian and believes that whatever the outcome, he and his family will be OK. I talked to him for quite a while this morning (we work at the same company but at different locations) and he says he's doing pretty good but I honestly don't know if it's really hit him yet. He said he woke up this morning and thought he had dreamed the whole thing.

I will appreciate any prayers you can offer on Tim's behalf, and I know he will appreciate them as well. Thanks you so much!!

stationarymom
March 9th, 2017, 01:49 AM
I will keep your friend and his family in my prayers.I hope the Dr is wrong and they will be able to treat him with no problem.

Anitamae56
March 9th, 2017, 02:17 AM
Praying for him and his family!

Star lover
March 9th, 2017, 07:58 AM
Praying for strength, peace and comfort. That he and his family will rest on the strength of Lord.

Bubby
March 9th, 2017, 08:19 AM
I will pray for your friend. He sounds like such a nice man.

Iris Girl
March 9th, 2017, 08:28 AM
Prayers sent to your friend and his family as well as yourself.

sew-what2015
March 9th, 2017, 09:26 AM
Prayers for your friend.

MRoy
March 9th, 2017, 09:33 AM
Prayers for your friend!

Monique
March 9th, 2017, 09:40 AM
Adding mine to the list. I really hope his is wrong.

Suzette
March 9th, 2017, 09:43 AM
Praying for your dear friend and all those who know and love him and are involved in his care.