PDA

View Full Version : Happy International Women's Day!

Divine Daisy
March 8th, 2017, 03:05 PM
Today is International Women's Day, I would like to wish all my sisters wherever you may be peace, tolerance and happiness.

May we, as representatives of our generation work to make those who came before us as proud of us as we are of them.

To the pioneers, the brave, those who were the first in so many things, to the mothers who taught us and the matchstick girls, the housewives, the ladies of the night who did what they had to do to feed their children. Whoever you were and whatever you did, we salute you.

Hulamoon
March 8th, 2017, 03:11 PM
Nicely said! I thought it was funny the Statue of Liberty went lights out for awhile, even though it was just for working on her.

CraftyJnet
March 8th, 2017, 04:11 PM
Well said, indeed!

Divine Daisy
March 8th, 2017, 04:58 PM
Teach your daughters to worry less about fitting into glass slippers and more about smashing glass ceilings, I know mine did.

This is what my daughter just posted on her facebook. I am so touched.

shawnan
March 8th, 2017, 05:27 PM
Yes, very nicely said. and I LOVE the little picture.

Nancy

Hulamoon
March 8th, 2017, 05:40 PM
I needed that quote right now more than I can say. :)

Anna Leigh
March 8th, 2017, 10:32 PM
Here, here, and well said!

Although this is a serious marked holiday I can not help to laugh because of the movie Deadpool. "Happy National Women's Day Sweetie!" Last year I didn't know it was an actual holiday and when somebody mentioned it I was like, "That is for real! I thought it was something made up in the movie!"