PDA

View Full Version : Grandson Jack Test Results

Amarillo19
March 8th, 2017, 01:21 PM
Well, the results were a little disappointing. Of course everyone was praying for complete reversal, but the CT scan still showed one spot on his lungs. Doctors aren't worried saying it could be tissue that hasn't completely dissolved. They're going to take his port out today providing his ultrasound is good. It's a case of wait and watch. He'll have the next tests in 3 months.
I keep telling myself the test doesn't mean that the cancer isn't gone. From what I understand the worrying won't stop until he shows clear at 5 years.
You think, as parents, that when your child is grown you can stop worrying about them. HA! You never stop and then you get to worry about your grand-kids. It's amazing how life buffets you like a little boat in a stormy ocean.

Ann

Bubby
March 8th, 2017, 01:24 PM
Ann, This isn't bad news. Waiting is the hardest thing, isn't it? Jack is well on the road to full recovery. We will continue to pray.
(((HUGS))) to you, Grandma.

Sandy Navas
March 8th, 2017, 02:10 PM
You know that prayer chain is still functioning, right? He's young and comes from survival stock - that's evident. Keeping YOU in prayer, too. The hurry up and wait is so difficult to deal with.

GaGa
March 8th, 2017, 02:31 PM
Ann, prayers continue for all of you. And you are so right about the worry. Every time we have a grandchild born, I am elated but know it's another person to add to my "worry" list! I had a son with leukemia at age 15. He had three years of treatments and then they wouldn't declare him "cured" for another 5. We had a big celebration at the end of that 5 years! He's 42 now and has 4 kids! God is good! Stay strong and have faith! We will be here with you!

jjkaiser
March 8th, 2017, 03:00 PM
I think these are pretty positive results and you have good reason to celebrate! Unfortunately, is there any medical test that is 100% accurate (ok except a pregnancy test) -- so doctors use the term "inconclusive" more than they should. When you hear that word your brain goes " oh-oh" automatically, when it isn't necessarily a cause for alarm.

sew-what2015
March 8th, 2017, 06:31 PM
Prayers for your grandson and all the family.

Navy Wife
March 8th, 2017, 09:15 PM
So many things to worry about. I understand completely! My youngest had back surgery today, while I was getting a cortisone shot in my hip so I can go 25 miles to see him! A grandson in a bitter divorce, and still mourning the loss of great granddaughter Grace 2 years ago. The older you get, the more people there are to worry about. P.S. The surgery went well, and the shot seems to be working! Prayers continue for you and your family. We all need His help!

Anna Leigh
March 8th, 2017, 10:36 PM
Just wanting to send a hopeful prayer and a hug!

JaniceR
March 8th, 2017, 10:52 PM
I will continue to pray for Jack to be cancer free and for peace and strength for all of you! I know the waiting is so difficult!

I have grandkids and great grands too and you are absolutely right, the worry just keeps going!!

stationarymom
March 9th, 2017, 02:18 AM
Prayers continuing here.

Monique
March 9th, 2017, 10:07 AM
Prayers continue as long as needed.