PDA

View Full Version : Home from the hospital

Telliott68
January 6th, 2012, 05:58 PM
So, I decided to stop by Joann's after work and bought some Batman fabric to make babyboy(who is 15 but still my baby) some pillow cases for his new room when it's finished. On the way home I picked him up from his brothers house and as soon as I walk in he was complaining that he did not feel good and wanted to hurry up and get home. We got home. Poor thing spent about an hour in the bathroom, then another 8 throwing up the rest of the night. He looked horrible! Pale face, dark eyes, etc. DH took him in to the dr the next day and he sent him straight to the hospital to radiology. What we were thinking was confirmed....inflamed appendix. Needless to say, they sent him to ER, got him admitted and off to surgery he went. So now here we are after three days and two nights at the hospital. I have pushed hubby out of our room and baby boy is happily propped up in my bed goofy on pain meds and playing his beloved Xbox. What a week :(.

Bubby
January 6th, 2012, 06:01 PM
Wow...what a whirlwind! Glad your DS is on the mend. You must be beyond exhausted....pamper yourself a little and things will get back to normal soon. Glad everything worked out okay...Hugs, Barb

quiltingtrish
January 6th, 2012, 06:10 PM
Wow - good thing you got him to the ER right away. Glad he is home and on the mend. Bet those new pillowcases will feel good.

Hugs,

sewmuchjan
January 6th, 2012, 06:10 PM
So glad DS is on the mend and at home. Mom and Dad need a rest too.

Hugs and prayers for a quick healing and rest. (((((HUG)))))
love
Jan G

EsGrandma
January 6th, 2012, 06:23 PM
So glad that he is on the mend - bet those new pillow cases will cheer him up!

quilter.martha
January 6th, 2012, 06:31 PM
Sounds like your son's symptoms of an appendix attack was the same as my son's. Totally uncontrollable vomiting. Glad your son is better, home, and recuperating. Lots of rest for him, and you too!

debinmalaga
January 6th, 2012, 06:47 PM
So glad everything worked out okay!!

Loonwatcher
January 6th, 2012, 07:22 PM
Oh Tammy, as soon as I started reading your story I'm thinking appendix. Same thing happened to my DH last spring. I so hope your son's did not rupture and that he will have a speedy recovery. Prayers going out for your son.

Telliott68
January 6th, 2012, 07:33 PM
They actually caught it just as it was beginning to rupture so there was only a small pin hole to let out minimal poisons.

MRoy
January 6th, 2012, 08:02 PM
Tammy, I'm glad your baby boy is home and on the mend...now you get some rest too!

HandsOffItsMine
January 6th, 2012, 08:15 PM
Tammy, so glad that they got it time! He'll always be your baby, especially at a time like this. Give him lots of mothering and get some rest yourself.

Healing light and prayers. Love, Ruby

Telliott68
January 6th, 2012, 08:26 PM
Had to at least get these done for him ;)......[/ATTACH]1383413835

Sandy Navas
January 6th, 2012, 08:36 PM
Here's to quick healing!! I was 10 when I had mine removed and they made me stay, flat on my back, in the hospital for a WEEK!!

Telliott68
January 6th, 2012, 09:00 PM
OMGoodness Sandy. Funny how things change over the years. They talked of sending him home yesterday but he had been running 102 all night and day so they kept him. He was givin a choice even today if he wanted to stay again or come home. We chose home. :)

BellasQuilts
January 6th, 2012, 10:33 PM
What a great mama! Glad your DS is on the mend!

Sharon G
January 6th, 2012, 10:50 PM
Glad everything has turned out fine and that your DS is on the road to recovery Tammy.

Haha Sandy! That was back in the day ;) When my DS was 12 he had emergency surgery for appendix and he too had to stay a week.
We certainly needed a rest after that one.
PS. DS danced in a school Rock Eisteddfod 2 weeks after coming home. Sheesh. Don't these young ones heal quickly.

tamsterg7
January 6th, 2012, 11:28 PM
Glad you caught it before it burst - and I did laugh a little - I too have a 15yr old baby boy - and pictured him in my bed, goofy on pain meds, but OH YES, still able to play that dang Xbox! It has to be the male gene!

Telliott68
January 6th, 2012, 11:41 PM
I totally agree. I have not seen many females that are as big of fanatics as the guys are. Speaking of laughing....we were watching that weird show where people have to complete a crazy obsticla course and as your watching it, the announcers are making wisecracks. Watching them falling off the giant balls, getting punch and knocked into the water, etch with the wisecracks on top of that....we both got the giggles. I had to leave the room. Poor guy was almost in tears.

phoots
January 7th, 2012, 03:57 AM
My bf and I have both had out appendix's (sp) out, his almost burst and mine did. Both of us were in the hospital for a week. His was 4 1/2 yrs ago and mine was last spring. They kept me so long because my appendix did burst the week before and they had to remove a foot of intestine. But, enough about me, I'm so glad your DS is doing so much better!!!
Pam in Vegas

KiltedQuilter
January 7th, 2012, 07:22 AM
Phew! Glad you got him home so he can get some R&R and the Xbox!

Blondie
January 7th, 2012, 07:54 AM
Wow, Tammy! So glad that you were quick to get him to the dr! I've heard so many horror stories about appendix and mis diagnosing etc that this made me feel much better. Sorry baby boy had to suffer but I think you have the keys to pampering him in your hand. God bless.