PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Wednesday

Monique
March 8th, 2017, 08:29 AM
Good morning friends. I shall welcome Wednesday today with open arms. Yesterday's service was beautiful and short. The weather sucked, very foggy out but at least there was no freezing rain. Lots of people came to pay their respects. My mother-in-law was very well liked in the community. A delicious lunch was served afterwards in the church hall. My brother came and stayed with me until after the lunch. It was a very emotionally draining day.

Last night we had a Lionette meeting and yes I did go. They weren't expecting me there but being president and having not had meetings the past two months I felt it was important for me to be there. We didn't solve the world's problems but we had a good meeting. Lots of things coming up before the summer.

Today I will relax and do a little sewing. I still have a couple of quilt tops to make for Victoria's Quilts. I think I will get those done before I tackle the memory quilt.

Have a great everyone.

Star lover
March 8th, 2017, 08:43 AM
So thankful that the day went well and the service was as special as your mother in law. I'll continue to pray for you and your family. Some days will be good and others will be tough. I firmly believe you don't "get over" the loss of someone you loved and cared for; you kinda get used to it. It takes time to "heal." So if things are tough, lean on your family and those of us here. That's what we're here for, support and love.

Bubby
March 8th, 2017, 10:37 AM
Morning Everyone...Monique, glad to hear your MIL's service went well. Try to get some rest today.

Jeff is home from work again today. I'm pretty sure he will go back tomorrow. The Girls love him being home.

I will check in later. For now I'm going back to bed.

songbird857
March 8th, 2017, 10:47 AM
Good morning all,
I'm off to the gym in a few minutes, then to the post office to send the backpacks off to their destination.
Funny story -
Last night I was shopping at the thrift store for some workout wear (I did find some nice things :))... anyway....
I'm at the register paying for my stuff and the clerk asked me how old I was (senior day - oh boy, am I starting to look it??)...
So... without even thinking, do you know what I said??? Do you??? 21 Wait. What? I shook my head and laughed and said - NO, no, not 21 - I'm 51 and I don't even know why 21 came out of my mouth! Weirdest, funniest moment...
LOL... she gave me the discount even though it's not til 55. Maybe she figured I WAS having a senior moment and couldn't really remember how old I was and was really over 55 - :lol:
Gave me a chuckle.

Have a great day all!

seaturtle
March 8th, 2017, 11:08 AM
Songbird, that's too cute. I had a doctor's appointment recently and was asked how tall I was. Without thinking I answered 6'8". Anyone who's seen me knows I struggle to hit 5'3" standing very straight! My youngest DS is 6'8" and someone is always asking how tall he is so that's what came flying out. The nurse just looked at me and said, no I don't think so - try again.

grammaterry
March 8th, 2017, 11:48 AM
Those are funny stories girls. Humm.,to be 51 again!
I'm off to file taxes! Yuck!If I didn't have to do paper work I'd have a bunch of free time. Been working on fmq some UFOs and creating a new top.sure would rather be finishing that top. Can't wait to show you. Everything I'm making is with you Allen help. The fabric and UFOs have made like a dream!

Iris Girl
March 8th, 2017, 12:27 PM
Morning all. Monique glad the service went smoothly. Get some rest. Songbird funny story. I have been plugging away at the labyrinth walk quilt. The body is quilted and 2 sides are quilted.It is far from my best work so many bumps and wrinkles.I hope when its washed it looks better. I will certainly be happy when this one is done. Its been a UFO since June 2015. Not much else happening today. Still waiting for our ex tax guy to send back papers so we can actually get taxes done. What a nightmare when the person you depended on royally screws up and when you catch him he washes his hands of you and your investments and says find someone else.Chicken and dumplings on the menu for tonight. Have a great day all. The sun is shining for the most part and it is 50 already after some rain this morning...enough to make me keep the laundry indoors today.

LauraP
March 8th, 2017, 01:12 PM
Today is a good day! For the first time since surgery I managed to get my jeans on and they don't hurt me anywhere. Happy dance! Also, I woke up with enough energy to focus on cleaning the house. Nothing major, just cleaning the top of the stove, folding the clothes that have been in the dryer for three days and hopefully dusting if I'm not to pooped. Then I want to get the next four quilting projects cut out and in ziplocks so as I have ambition I can sew them. 3 purses and a baby quilt. Nothing to big. Sure nice to be able to say I might be getting back to normal.
Another good thing-yesterday my husband got the money his mother had set aside for him so now we are completely out of debt and can retire. His sister, the Wicked Witch, pulled a fast one and since she had power of attorney went down and put her name on the deed to the land so Bob and his other sister won't get any money from that. Getting a lawyer to see what can be done.