PDA

View Full Version : Is it March? What happened?

Blondie
March 7th, 2017, 12:39 PM

Little known fact about me, I am great at multi-tasking. Examples: I can walk and chew gum at the same time. I am able to walk down several steps in a single bound-but that usually ends with me doing a face plant, probably not the best analogy. I can blink both eyes at the same time. I can talk with my mouth full. Today is not a perfect day for multi-tasking however. I was moving my laptop into the bedroom while holding a cup of coffee in the other hand (multi-tasking). I took two steps (multi-task?) to the side of the bed and dropped the coffee on the floor. The lid to the coffee cup flipped off and my beautiful brown liquid spilled on the floor as well as the lamp (oh coffee can multi-task too). Luckily I was able to place the computer on the bed with the greatest of grace.

Now, you may be wondering why I am such a fumble-bumble today? Lack of sleep, dear hearts. Lack of sleep. Little Man Elijah is cutting so many teeth at one time that it is the first time in his 9 months that he has really cried. Inconsolable crying. Mommy and Daddy are even more sleep deprived than I am. I carried the wee one home with me last night so they could try to catch a few winks. Little one slept in my arms for hours. Whenever I tried to lie him down, he would start the boo hooing all over again. So, I sat in the recliner, babe in arms and sang, rocked, yawned - all at once. How is that for master multi-tasking?? He is back home at the moment, happy as the proverbial clam and the parents looked rather refreshed.

You know me, just had to share that nugget with y'all. I will spend a few moments reading here to try to get caught up and then I believe the Sandman will hit me in the noggin for a nap.

PS - that baby already has more teeth than most adults I know. And I mean those pearly whites are coming in all at once! Once he stops crying long enough, you can actually see what a lovely contagious smile he has.

Blessings, hugs and SMILES to all! Play nice and now and then hold your sister's hand. Nothing feels better.

nayzie
March 7th, 2017, 01:11 PM
It'll be nap time soon, what sweet memories ya'll are making together. Creating a lifetime bond :)

songbird857
March 7th, 2017, 01:44 PM
Hi sweetie :)
Better the coffee on the floor and lamp than the computer ;)

Cathy F
March 7th, 2017, 02:57 PM
So, you multitask like I do! Thursday I was making crumb cake and while getting the eggs out of the fridge I slid across a freshly washed floor and fell, good news is I felt myself going down and held the container of eggs up and not a broken one, unfortunately at the time I wasn't sure I hadn't broken my arm! I'm very graceful on my feet, ha!

Mom23
March 7th, 2017, 03:11 PM
Now that's what being a grandma is all about! Bless you for helping them get some much needed rest. It's good to hear from you.

MRoy
March 7th, 2017, 04:18 PM
It's good to hear from you Blondie...even if you're sleep deprived. It sounds like you're enjoying your time with that grandbaby!

Sandy Navas
March 7th, 2017, 07:45 PM
It IS Tuesday. So I 'gots' my tongue sticking out!

JCY
March 7th, 2017, 08:08 PM
Blondie, So good too hear from you. Enjoy the grandbabies. I seldom get to see mine.

TMP
March 7th, 2017, 08:40 PM
Blondie, I am glad to hear your enjoying your grandbabies, there is nothing better! I miss your morning post. I used to have coffee and read them, really made my day. Take care.

Carol336
March 7th, 2017, 11:24 PM
Blondie - so lovely to see you....we have really been missing you.

Poor little Elijah, getting all those teeth at one time has to be painful.....hope he's feeling better soon. And poor Mommy, Daddy and Granny - been there done that - no fun at all.....I'm drinking a toast to a good nights sleep for you all...you might want to consider the same - LOL

Judy, USMC
March 8th, 2017, 12:29 AM
Good to hear from you, Blondie! I want to see a pic of that toothy smile you described.

EnumclawGramma
March 10th, 2017, 04:43 PM
I just can't keep up anymore! I try, I think I'm caught up and then a couple days later?? Blondie was on! I caught your post in the COC group, but just now getting here.

Well Hi GF!! So good to see you!

I can totally relate to the multi tasking thing. Also, the forgetting thing is getting to me. My only consolation is when Ray starts to say something and forgets where he was going with it mid sentence. This always makes me feel better because, misery loves company dontcha know.

Sounds like that Grand of yours is really enjoying you! As it should be! I don't see much of mine since the big move, but then, as they're all getting older it was bound to happen. I'm thankful beyond measure for the time I did get with them. I left my mark, they'll be back!

Love and hugs to you Dear Blondie. Please come back more often!

quilt_gems_25
March 12th, 2017, 12:37 AM
What memories you are making with your Little Man. There's nothing quite so calming as being able to hold a sleeping baby. Imagine the fun once those teeth are all in!