PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday, will a dark and gloomy day

Monique
March 7th, 2017, 08:12 AM
Good morning friends. Yes today is the day. It is expected to rain today. Why does it usually rain when there is a funeral? Yesterday afternoon we got freezing rain, then snow, then it changed to freezing rain again and today it is supposed to just rain.

Yesterday Phil and I did a little shopping. He needed dress pants and there was a good sale on some clothes so I bought a few pieces for Jodi's birthday which is in April. Aside from that, we didn't do a while lot.

Today will be a tough day for the family. And then I have a meeting in the evening. I have to go as we have had to cancel the last two months because of bad weather.

So have a great day everyone.

Star lover
March 7th, 2017, 08:21 AM
I'll be praying. There's an old saying from the south that at the funerals of wonderful older people, it will rain. It used to be in the south whenever a funeral procession went by, everyone, I mean everyone along the way stops what they're doing and they stand in respect. I've seen men in fields stop and put their hat over they're heart. Women stopping their laundry, gardening, etc, and do the same thing. Not so much anymore. A society is known by the respect they show of those who pass. I'll be praying for you and your family - today will be hard but special too. Memories of those we love are special!

Iris Girl
March 7th, 2017, 08:33 AM
Monique will be thinking of you today. ((HUGS)).It is dark and rainy here.slight freezing rain earlier and in the higher elevations.Enough to put school on a 2 hour delay. Above freezing barely at our elevation but dark and rainy. I have the last 2 sections on my labyrinth walk quilt marked.hoping to get one done today and the other tomorrow so I can work on border quilting and get this almost 2 year UFO done. Hope everyone has a good day.

sew-what2015
March 7th, 2017, 08:49 AM
Monique, I will keep you and family in my thoughts today.
My mom always had a saying about rain on funeral days. Can't remember the exact wording but was something about sun on wedding days and rain on funeral days are signs for happiness..sun for the bride and rain for a loved one's spirit.
{{[Hugs}}}

asta
March 7th, 2017, 08:59 AM
I will be thinking of you and your family today as you celebrate the life of your wonderful MIL.

MRoy
March 7th, 2017, 09:17 AM
Thinking of you all today. Prayers for comfort and peace.

Ginny B
March 7th, 2017, 09:24 AM
Monique, you and your family will be in my thoughts today. {{{{Hugs}}}}

Annababy
March 7th, 2017, 09:41 AM
I'll be praying. There's an old saying from the south that at the funerals of wonderful older people, it will rain. It used to be in the south whenever a funeral procession went by, everyone, I mean everyone along the way stops what they're doing and they stand in respect. I've seen men in fields stop and put their hat over they're heart. Women stopping their laundry, gardening, etc, and do the same thing. Not so much anymore. A society is known by the respect they show of those who pass. I'll be praying for you and your family - today will be hard but special too. Memories of those we love are special!

I thought everyone did this.

This is me standing in respect for your family and your loss. Prayers up.

pcbatiks
March 7th, 2017, 09:57 AM
Thinking of you and your family today, Monique. Hoping good memories will bring comfort.

Preeti
March 7th, 2017, 09:59 AM
Sending hugs to you, Monique.

Star lover
March 7th, 2017, 10:05 AM
I thought everyone did this.

This is me standing in respect for your family and your loss. Prayers up.

I've lived in Michigan my entire 60+ years and have never seen this. My husbands family is from Georgia and Kentucky and my dads family is from Tennessee - that's where I've seen it done. Guess they do in Arkansas too.

JCY
March 7th, 2017, 10:07 AM
Monique ~ God bless you & your family today & bring you comfort. We were living on the Oregon coast when my first husb. died in Dec. It rains a LOT there! It was raining so much that day at the graveside, we didn't even get out of the limo. We just rolled the windows down. I felt bad for the minister standing out there in the rain. Only my bro-in-law got out to stand beside him.

Yest. we had very high winds. Gusts 40-55 mph, with much higher gusts in the foothills & mts. One of the mtn. passes had a gust of 105 mph! Whew! It was our garbage pick up day. Some of the toter carts blew over; many had the lids flipped open. There were papers flying around the neighborhood.

We were without phone & internet for several hrs. yest. eve. I discovered it about 4:15 p.m. when I booted up the laptop. It finally came back on at 8:45. After I made sure everything was working ok, I canceled the repair appt.

Yest. I spent 95 min. in the dental chair having crown prep. work done. Not fun. Got groc. on the way home. Cooked up a batch of beets for DH. I felt almost normal yest. Still somewhat fatigued, but not as many muscle aches as previously, & my headache wasn't as bad. Hopefully I'm on the mend, for which I'm thankful. I'm scheduled for another massage tomorrow.

Time to fix DH's breakfast.

Bubby
March 7th, 2017, 11:13 AM
My prayers and thought will be with you as your MIL to rest today. (((HUGS)))

Simply Quilting
March 7th, 2017, 11:31 AM
Monique, extra hugs for you and dh today.

We had high winds most of the day then tornado warnings last night. We spend part of the evening in the basement taking shelter. We didn't have any damage but there were several other towns that did have tornadoes and damage. I know that one town had several houses destroyed and another had some minor injuries. I will be seeing what I can find out because we have friends and family who live in those towns.

Have a nice Tuesday everyone :)

songbird857
March 7th, 2017, 11:44 AM
Hugs Monique :)

Good morning all...
I was lazy yesterday and didn't do anything except for a few dishes and things. Our band played in NH over the weekend, and for some reason, it took more out of me than usual! It was fun though :)

Hoping to do some sewing today - I need to finish up the backpacks for the homeless vets and get those shipped out. I had put the quilt on hold for a few other projects too, so I'm hoping to get back to that today.

Have a great day all!

Blondie
March 7th, 2017, 12:44 PM
So sorry to read of your loss. Arms are around you and Phil. I don't want to even think of feeling like an orphan should my Mom precede me.

Spring is coming soon - hopefully sooner for you than later. Blessings, dear friend.

Cathy F
March 7th, 2017, 01:11 PM
Monique, hugs to you and your family on this hard day.

bubba
March 8th, 2017, 04:30 AM
I have not posted prior, as I was gone, but you have been in my thoughts ♥

grammaterry
March 8th, 2017, 11:41 AM
Rain is the angels crying with joy and sadness.joy that the spirit is returning home, sadness for those left behind.

Monique
March 8th, 2017, 06:59 PM
Rain is the angels crying with joy and sadness.joy that the spirit is returning home, sadness for those left behind.

What a lovely picture you painted in my head, thank you.

bakermom
March 8th, 2017, 08:05 PM
Will be thinking of you.
The morning of my mom's funeral we had a full-blown blizzard. Really, we live a few blocks from the church/cemetery and I didn't think we would make it thru the snow.