• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ginny B
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2012

Good Morning

Nice sunny Sunday here but quite chilly. My goal for getting the living room rearranged was reached! It took us all afternoon but it's pretty much done now. And we came up with 2. 1/2 bags of trash to boot! Why do we keep so much stuff? And I now have a spot to sit and sew on my Featherweight Emma while still spending time with dh. There are many things I work on up in my sewing room in the evenings that don't need to be done on my Pfaff or the embroidery machine. And since Emma is such a quiet girl, it won't interfere with tv or music listening.

Today I will finish a few things in the guest bedroom and then spend some time cooking and sewing.

What has everyone else been up to this weekend?
    Ginny B
    Levittown, NY
  • Claire Hallman
    Missouri Star
    • Jun 2011

Re: Good Morning

Our weather has been so pretty we have been out planting bushes. We have lots of landscaping to do on this tiny lot since it was neglected by the prior owners. it is also fun to do, at least fun to chose and tell DH where to plant.

I also did a bit on my Bonnie Hunter Talking Turkey project. I am almost ready to pack it up and work on prepping a Smith Mtn. Morning.
    Today I think I will cull some fabrics I am pretty sure I will never use to give to our guild silent auction. One person's trash is another's treasure.
    Claire from Pelham, Alabama

Comment

• shermur
      Missouri Star
      • Mar 2013

Morning!

So, busy yesterday trying to setup the new sewing room. Hubby and I worked on the sewing table to inset the new Baby Lock Jazz! It's so powerful, it will take me a while to get used to the speed and the power. But it should quilt like thunder!

Baby Jazz (800x513).jpg
      Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

• Cathy F
        Missouri Star
        • Jan 2012

Morning all,
        Cold here this morning with the wind blowing. My plans for attending our theater benefit today were changed due to a fall I took on Thursday, so my day will be spent rather quietly. No broken arm, just very sore, and hit an already injured knee which I didn't need. Happy to say I'm on the mend though.
        Good day to do some paperwork that's been on my desk, and read a few more chapters of my book, that should keep me out of trouble today!

Congratulations on your new machine Sherri!
        Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

Comment

• KPH
          Missouri Star
          • Feb 2015

Between projects and about to go nuts! I have material for 2 quilts ordered, just waiting for them to get here. Naturally, the one I need to start first hasn't been shipped yet.

So while I'm waiting, we've been looking at campers. We might actually do some traveling in our retirement years.
          Katrina
          From NC, retired in FL
          “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• Bubby
            Missouri Star
            • Jun 2011

Awesome new machine, Sherri! Does this mean you will be starting up your business?
            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• Cokie
              Missouri Star
              • Jan 2016

Good afternoon now! Cathy, I hope you feel better soon! Yesterday I ran a few errands and dh took me to supper last night at my favorite restaurant. Today I cleaned out my closet, which has been on my to-do list for so long! I got rid of probably half of the clothes in there, and four pairs of shoes. Such a good feeling! DS just took two bags to Goodwill for me so I don't even have to worry about that. Now I have some laundry going, and I hope to work on organizing my stash a bit this afternoon/evening. I wish I could quit adding to it before I use it up, but there is just so much pretty fabric out there, and so many great projects to try. My next project is to finish up a table runner that has been a UFO for a couple of years so I can send it to my Mom for Mother's Day.

Hope everyone has a happy Sunday!

Comment

• shermur
                Missouri Star
                • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Bubby View Post
                Awesome new machine, Sherri! Does this mean you will be starting up your business?
                It's the beginning, Barb! I still have a lot to get done before I can go full force. Anyway, just getting used to the new machine will be a feat in itself! Wow, the power!
                Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

• JCY
                  Missouri Star
                  • Jul 2013

It's afternoon here as well. I went to church this a.m. & came right home. Yesterday would have been my bread baking day, but I went to the quilt show. I don't usually bake on Sun., but I started on it as soon as I got home from church. It takes about 6 hrs. start to finish for 2 loaves. I use the dough cycle on my machine, then knead it, let it rise in the pan, then bake it for a hour. The 2nd loaf is in the oven now. The house smells so yummy. It will be done in a few min. Next week will be busy, so I couldn't postpone the baking.

I have a crown prep. in the a.m. The last one took 2 hrs.! Not looking forward to that. We're still working with the ins. co. re: the car accident, etc. Both body shops that coordinate with our ins. are extremely busy, so I may not be able to get the work done on my car until mid-April! Ugh.

We had cloudy weather all day, but we're getting some sun breaks now at 3:30 p.m. The temp. jumped up to 70 deg. We're supposed to have very high winds in the a.m. with colder temps. & a chance of rain. It's garbage day, so the toters probably will blow over.

I'm not getting much sewing done. I still have a lot of fatigue from my injuries from the crash -- most likely the head injury. I still have headaches. Tylenol takes the edge off, but it's sort of always there. I think it just will take time.

I hope everyone has a good start to the new week.

Comment

Working...
                  X