PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have a Kia?

Hulamoon
March 5th, 2017, 08:51 AM
My Toyota Echo is 17 yrs old and the repairs are getting more expensive than I can probably pass off to a struggling teenager. Iv'e never been into expensive sedans, so I was looking at a Kia. They advertise them a lot over here. Any advice?

Bubby
March 5th, 2017, 09:29 AM
I don't know anyone who has one, Lorie. I live in the land of trucks, SUVs and tractors. Jeff and I have a SUV, but I do my running around in a Chevy HHR.

Doloris
March 5th, 2017, 09:34 AM
I have had 3 Hyundais, the sister co to Kia. No problems with any of them. Right now I have a Tucson

MRoy
March 5th, 2017, 09:41 AM
My son has a 2002 KIA Sportage that he's driven every day for 15 years. It's been a very good car with usual maintenance and repairs over the years.

Lori63
March 5th, 2017, 10:18 AM
My sister has a Kia and loves it. I think its the SUV/crossover. I like riding in the front with her, but a couple months ago we went on a 2 hour drive and I rode in the back seat, it wasn't near as comfortable a ride.

MaryUK
March 5th, 2017, 10:27 AM
I have a Kia Sportage and love it! I drive to work in it 4 days a week and as it is our only car it gets used daily. We had a towing bar fitted and pulls the 1 ton caravan with no problem even on the hills where we go when camping!!!

I don't know if they offer the same warranty but here it is 7 years and the garage will do its utmost to repair anything under warranty, not that we have many repairs. The servicing is pricey but well worth it!!

I would love a newer model when we come to change but not sure as they have changed the style somewhat and the big all round windows (which drew me to it) have been shortened. For reliability and comfort it's great!!

shirleyknot
March 5th, 2017, 10:29 AM
My ex bought one of the smaller ones new 3-4 years ago. It was a POS. He traded it off as soon as he could. It was like riding in a shoebox full of rocks.

Jean Sewing Machine
March 5th, 2017, 10:35 AM
Well you certainly got your money's worth from your Toyota! Those things just go on and on! My daughter has a 2010-11 Kia. They have had good luck with it. But there are no dealers in their small town where they moved, so getting service is an issue if it needs warranty work. But if you have dealerships nearby, you won't have that problem. I know they were sold in dealerships on the west coast a long time before they moved toward the east coast.

My daughter drives the smaller SUV. My other daughter got the bigger SUV for a rental once when she was visiting here. We thought that vehicle was quite nice.

Cathy F
March 5th, 2017, 12:29 PM
I had a Kia Sportage for 9 years without a bit of trouble, nice car but seats were a little hard compared to other suv's I've had.

Divine Daisy
March 5th, 2017, 01:23 PM
My noddy car is a ~Kia and I have had her for 13 years. Other than servicing, new tires and some brake pads she has never needed any work. I will drive her until she dies on her wheels from rot and old age (a little like all of us) and then I will get another.

pjyoder414@yahoo.com
March 5th, 2017, 01:53 PM
My daughter has a kia and loves it. It is 2 yrs old and never had a problem.

Yanna
March 5th, 2017, 02:39 PM
I have a Kia Sorento and Toyota Camry. Kia is a 2002 and still going strong. Husband uses it more like a truck than SUV. Toyota is my car 2016 and I love it. It is a lot smoother driving.

Hulamoon
March 5th, 2017, 03:49 PM
I have a Kia Sorento and Toyota Camry. Kia is a 2002 and still going strong. Husband uses it more like a truck than SUV. Toyota is my car 2016 and I love it. It is a lot smoother driving.

I had the chance to own a Camery for about a year. I was taking care of my aunt on the mainland and did a lot of commuting (on the Los Angeles freeway's no less). I brought it home to give to one of my dd's. Then she said it was to big, so I was going to keep it. She changed her mind and totaled it a few months later. :( Loved that car.

Over here I just need a smaller car, there's no where to drive in a big smooth driving car. lol. She's got a little more life in her, but I'm just thinking ahead for an emergency. My last car (used) died of unknown causes suddenly and that's how I got the Echo, I picked it up the next day. Luckily I have some savings for a new car.

Thanks for the input!

bakermom
March 5th, 2017, 05:44 PM
My brother and 2 kids all have had them. They had no complaints as far as I know. My favorite of the three they had was the Sorento, I like a larger vehicle around me.

WendyI
March 15th, 2017, 01:23 PM
I know I'm late to this but I do! I have a Kia forte and I like it but i am trading it on Friday for a Kia Sportage. Can't wait! I like them and haven't had any problems yet. did you get one?

alliek
March 15th, 2017, 02:12 PM
We had a Kia Sorrento for years, I LOVED THAT CAR. We had to total her when we hit a deer . sob sob. The only thing we had to do which was pricey was replace the timing belt after so many miles (years?). I'm not sure which, but I would ask about this if you are going to purchase a Kia... As I said I loved the car, so did my hubby. We didn't purchase another one and I'm kind of sorry we did not. Good Luck.

toggpine
March 15th, 2017, 02:41 PM
I had a '97 KIA Sephia. I bought it new and they hadn't been out very long. I loved that little car. My problem with it was the oxygen sensor. Once that went sideways, even though we replaced it, it had chronic problems. The car had easily over 120,000 miles when we finally got rid of it ten+ years ago. I have since been told that they have upgraded the workmanship.

Hulamoon
March 15th, 2017, 04:06 PM
I know I'm late to this but I do! I have a Kia forte and I like it but i am trading it on Friday for a Kia Sportage. Can't wait! I like them and haven't had any problems yet. did you get one?

I parked next to a Forte yesterday at the market, cute green color. It was already bigger than my little Echo. I'm waiting until I really need it, trying to save money :)

I'm happy to hear this company has a good track record.