PDA

View Full Version : I'm not worthy

CrazyMtnLady
January 5th, 2012, 08:39 PM
OMG!!! I am only on page 33 of the picture gallery and already I feel like I am not worthy enough to be here. You all are so talented and there are so many beautiful projects out there. You have made what my mind wants to make.

But my mind is warped and just doesn't seem to want to function that well........LOL

You guys are awesome and I am proud to be a part of this forum. You give me some great ideas and some great encouragement.

Thank you all.

LonelyGamersWife
January 5th, 2012, 08:57 PM
Aren't they amazing!!! I just love looking at all the talent and it's giving me TOO MANY ideas. This has definitely sparked my creative energy and I'm working on my projects more in my spare time. I've been in a lull.

K. McEuen
January 5th, 2012, 09:16 PM
You have made what my mind wants to make.

Almost the same thing I told a photographer that I used to work with at the newspaper. This guy took the most awesome photos, more National Geographic worthy on his nature shots than newspaper quality. I used to post his shots online in color that the paper didn't print, simply because they were good. He asked once why I posted more of his shots on the webpage than the paper did. I told him because you shoot what I see, but can never quite get the camera to show.

An artist's greatest accomplishment is to inspire someone else.

MRoy
January 5th, 2012, 09:41 PM
Isn't it great that those with so much talent allow newbies like me to hang out here and learn from them. I've been through almost every page of the photo gallery admiring the beautiful work.

BellasQuilts
January 6th, 2012, 12:45 AM
Donna, newbie here too! Just steal their ideas; I did! LOL. No seriously, I saw a quilt here that I loved and copied it. Patticakes made a flag quilt, so I had never made a tumbler quilt and was able to talk to her about how she made it and it was a Christmas gift this year. I didn't make it exactly the same but that is the great part of all this - we share, we modify, we create our own, then we share again, etc.!!! Enjoy it.

Monique
January 6th, 2012, 08:54 AM
Donna, that is what this forum is about. When you joined, was there a button that asked if you were expert? This is the place to learn a lot and be inspired. And you will form friendships along the way.

Beakkmom
January 6th, 2012, 10:57 AM
Donna, if only experts were allowed, I wouldn't be on the forum. The encoragement and generosity of spirit from our quilting sisters inspires me in quilting and in my life.

Lin

KiltedQuilter
January 6th, 2012, 11:00 AM
^Monique if there was a BUTTON I wouldn't be here, nope.

You should see the mess of the quilt I am unpicking! LOL that's what I get for trying to rush at things! :icon_rolleyes:

CrazyMtnLady
January 6th, 2012, 12:01 PM
You all give so much encouragement and great ideas. I have seen some awesome projects that I will definitely "steal" the idea and try myself.
This is the best forum on the internet.

Sandy Navas
January 6th, 2012, 12:06 PM
I was just discussing an ethical problem/quandary with DH. Several months ago, for our local quilt guild, I signed a promise to finish an UFO by the first of the year. If I did not complete an UFO I promised to add $5 to the guild coffers. Needless to say, I have finished a UFO (I do believe I misread and thought it said UFQ or UGLY FINISHED QUILT). Now, do I embarrass myself by displaying what I truly see as a big mistake (read UGLY FINISHED QUILT), or take a picture of one block that looks pretty good and say I had to ship the quilt off (BIG LIE), or just hand them the $5 and smile . . .

I'm going to hand them the $5 and smile. I wouldn't part with this quilt except I have promised it to one of the granddaughters and she will absolutely LOVE it even though at first glance ANYONE could point out hundreds of mistakes!!!!

DONNA, YOU ARE WORTHY!!!!

quiltingtrish
January 6th, 2012, 07:11 PM
Oh my Donna, Donna, Donna . . . we were all where you are thinking that our sewing/quilting isn't good enough. Heck, I've been at this for the past 16 years and I still do lots of ripping! I usually start with a pattern and then twik it until I like it. Especially if I've done something wrong in the process and it doesn't look like it's supposed to! I've also taken ideas from others and twiked them too! It's a "do whatever you want" kind of craft and I'm sure as you sew along, you'll be posting lots more of your projects too which we will all love.
I do think your play quilt is the cutest I've seen. Whoever gets that is going to love it!

Hugs,

goofyizzy
January 7th, 2012, 05:33 AM
I'm a newbie, and I know how you feel. But I also feel incredibly inspired when I see other's good work. It makes me want to keep going and getting better. I love this forum. Everyone is so welcoming and encouraging.

mamaquilt
January 7th, 2012, 06:41 AM
There is only one way to learn; watching others do things and trying them out! We wouldn't walk, talk, etc. if we wouldn't do that.
So do as everybody else does, watch and try out.
greetings from Luxembourg