PDA

View Full Version : Thursday Hellos

Bubby
March 2nd, 2017, 09:04 AM
Good morning everyone.

Hopefully today will be a bit slower for me. We are still cleaning up from the storm that passed through Tuesday night. Yesterday we had high winds and couldn't burn anything.

Olive spent most of the day with the vet yesterday and got a treatment. She had a rough night and got sick...I have to bathe her and wash all her bedding this morning. Jeff has to work a double today and possibly tomorrow.

I hope to do some sewing today even if just for an hour. When Olive naps today I plan to do the same. I haven't had any quality sleep in three days and I'm feeling it.

Wishing everyone a good Thursday.

Star lover
March 2nd, 2017, 09:22 AM
So sorry about Olive and your lack of sleep. My heart aches with you and I hope today is better for her and you.
Seems like storms all over lately! We've had just about everything these past few days. Yesterday, pouring rain that has flooded all the backyards. Then it all froze last night and snowed some. We've gone from recording breaking highs of 70 to this am - 20' with wind chill, it's 5'. Yuck!
Hope everyone is hanging in there. Have as good a day as you possibly can!

Iris Girl
March 2nd, 2017, 09:33 AM
Morning all. Barb hope you can get a nap in and you and Olive feel better. Storms are crazy with this wind. Power has not gone out and stayed but has flickered a lot. Blow downs all over one across our street but not so bad you can't get by,hopefully it will be cleared by time I go. Yesterday I was putting the St Patty;s day runners out on the 3 tables I decorate and notice I only had 2... So had to quickly get one worked on. Took a quick look at pinterest and settled on one. It is made and ready to be quilted and bound. A picture will come when its finished.

Bubby
March 2nd, 2017, 09:35 AM
Morning all. Barb hope you can get a nap in and you and Olive feel better. Storms are crazy with this wind. Power has not gone out and stayed but has flickered a lot. Blow downs all over one across our street but not so bad you can't get by,hopefully it will be cleared by time I go. Yesterday I was putting the St Patty;s day runners out on the 3 tables I decorate and notice I only had 2... So had to quickly get one worked on. Took a quick look at pinterest and settled on one. It is made and ready to be quilted and bound. A picture will come when its finished.

I forgot about St Pat's Day. I need to find our runner. I seem to have Easter stuck in my head this year. Can't wait to see your runner.

CraftyJnet
March 2nd, 2017, 12:02 PM
Hello Everyone!
Didn't get any sewing done as I have to keep my foot elevated. We'll see how it is doing today. The temp is 37 degrees which is cold for us for March. Have a wonderful day!

Simply Quilting
March 2nd, 2017, 12:06 PM
Good Morning! I enjoyed celebrating my birthday yesterday. Dh went with baby and I over to Hamilton. We had a nice visit as we traveled and he watched Seager while I worked on retreat details with the MSQC retreat crew. The 50s retreat was just starting - it looked like it was going to be a really cool retreat. Of course, with Cindy and Susan doing the retreat, it is bound to be amazing.

My folks met us there for a moment. Mom had fixed me her cheesecake for my birthday cake. Then she had won me a rose on the local radio birthday call in show - people call in to wish people happy birthday. Everyday the radio station gives away 4 items to different people celebrating their birthday - a cake, rose, a book and free popcorn at the movies. I always enjoyed listening when I was growing up to see whose birthday it was and who won what prize.

I am not sure what all the day hold but the sunshine is out and the wind is calm. So it will be a fantastic day.

Barb, I hope that you an Olive and Dottie can have a restful day together.

Have a great day everyone :)

Star lover
March 2nd, 2017, 12:11 PM
Good Morning! I enjoyed celebrating my birthday yesterday. :)

So sorry to have missed your birthday yesterday, sooooo, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Sounds like it was really special. Have a good day today too.