PDA

View Full Version : Good Morning....Last Day of February

Bubby
February 28th, 2017, 09:09 AM
Good Morning Everyone. Can you believe February is gone? This year is flying by, just like last year.

We are supposed to get bad storms today with high winds, rain and possible tornado activity. I will be staying close to home after I make a quick trip to the bank this morning.

I have to cook chicken for the Girls today. This is about a 3 hour job and a royal mess. I don't know how I can make such a mess ever time, but it always boils over when I'm in another room.

I sewed a few more hourglass blocks yesterday...fun. I'm not as happy with my fabric choice but I will go forward with it and maybe donate it for a local benefit or other good cause. I have a few small quilts planned for CASA also.

Whatever this day brings your way, make the most of it. Hugs All Around......

Carol336
February 28th, 2017, 09:21 AM
Good morning Barb and all who follow. It's Shrove Tuesday - so it looks like pancakes at church for diner tonight. The Men's group put this on every year and DH is one of the cooks. Today he will be cooking enormous amounts of sausage in our kitchen before heading over to church - you wanna talk about a royal mess - LOL.
Speaking of royal messes - have you tried using the pampered chef rock crock and cooking your chicken in the microwave, Barb. It takes only a few minutes and they honestly come out wonderful. Mind you I'm am NOT a fan of microwaved meats, but this is simply the best chicken you ever ate. I was at a PC party and the rep made a chicken dish for everyone to try. She took one look at my face and said something like "oh you don't like microwaved chicken do you" She implored me to just have one bite - and I've never looked back....bought the pot and use it all the time.

Hope to get a little sewing in today. I'm making several 6 pocket totes for my hairdresser. She is also a LuLa Roe rep and she wants them to give to her girls to carry their order forms, clip boards, pens, catalogs and other stuff to shows.
BUT - I threw my back out last week and it just doesn't seem to want to go away. One day it's good and I think I have it beat and then the next day I'm back to square one. I find the heating pad really works well.

Have a wonderful day everyone

JCY
February 28th, 2017, 10:06 AM
Good Morning, All ~ I'm here earlier than usual. It's still dark outside & 31 deg. Chance of rain or snow later today. Yest. it was sunny & 58 deg.

Yesterday I visited the 2 auto body shops that State Farm coordinates with. It looks like my car will not get repaired much before April or May. Both shops are extremely busy. Got a copy of the police report from my rear-end hit-and-run accident last week. Took a copy of the police report to my ins. agent, and bought groc. By the time I got home I was exhausted! I had to hit the recliner for a while to recuperate. The ER said I had a Contusion & a Closed Head Injury; I know fatigue goes along with that. I also have sore muscles showing up in various places (back, L. ribs), so I sort of ache all over along with the stiffness & soreness in my neck, probably from whiplash. My forehead still is sore with a mild headache continuing. I have a massage scheduled for tomorrow to work out the kinks. Needless to say, I'm not doing much sewing.

Today is the baby shower at church for 4 new moms & babies. I have the quilts ready to go in gift bags.

Time to fix DH's breakfast.

Sandy Navas
February 28th, 2017, 10:17 AM
Good Morning Everyone. Can you believe February is gone? This year is flying by, just like last year.

We are supposed to get bad storms today with high winds, rain and possible tornado activity. I will be staying close to home after I make a quick trip to the bank this morning.

I have to cook chicken for the Girls today. This is about a 3 hour job and a royal mess. I don't know how I can make such a mess ever time, but it always boils over when I'm in another room.

I sewed a few more hourglass blocks yesterday...fun. I'm not as happy with my fabric choice but I will go forward with it and maybe donate it for a local benefit or other good cause. I have a few small quilts planned for CASA also.

Whatever this day brings your way, make the most of it. Hugs All Around......

That just means you have to be glued in front of the pot. After all, Barb, a watched pot NEVER boils.

Star lover
February 28th, 2017, 10:29 AM
Dreary cold rainy day. But still a great day! Housework in the am, then onto some sewing. Keep,changing gears as I sew more and more. This quilt seems to be taking on a life of its own. But I love how it's lookin so far! Made a huge pot of soup yesterday, froze 5 quarts (plus ate some). Today another kind of soup. This one's an experiment. If good, will make more to freeze. Tomorrow the unstuffed cabbage recipe that showed up here awhile ago. Sounds really good. Hope y'all have a wonderful day. Enjoy it while ya can!

EnumclawGramma
February 28th, 2017, 11:22 AM
Good Morning!
I think (hopefully) we're seeing the last of the snow for us this year. Many areas around me got hit hard last night, we managed to dodge this one. We finally got an offer on our house, and the inspection contingency is signed off. Today we'll probably head over to get the water for the well test and the last little load of odds and ends. The area the house is in is one of the snowy areas. So, we'll see. This is such an awesome thing for us, we'll finally be able to button up the last thing for retirement. Stress lifter for sure!

I'm nearly finished with my sensory quilt. That bugger is huge and heavy and awkward! I most likely will never make another, so I hope the little boy this is for enjoys it. I can totally see how these would help people with autism and anxiety, among other things. It's been a true labor of love, and I'm ready to get on to some other projects!

Yesterday my baby celebrated her 38th Birthday. I am wondering where the last 35++ years went! Anyone know?

Have a wonderful day! Hugs and Prayers all 'round!

pjyoder414@yahoo.com
February 28th, 2017, 01:53 PM
Good morning y'all,

Hope this finds everyone healthy and happy. It is another beautiful day here in FL.

I don't plan on doing much today. Just a little quilting and cooking dinner, which I had better hurry up and decide what we are having so that I take it out of the freezer.

I guess I should also do a load of towels and cleanup my husbands kitchen mess he made in his midnight raid.

Have a blessed day

Lacey
February 28th, 2017, 03:24 PM
This month went by so fast and I am ready for March and beautiful weather ahead! We are getting a new roof and it is noisy in here today. Hopefully it will only take one day to complete. We had damage from hail storms so we really needed to get this done.

Just finished lunch and will try to sew on my quilting projects to distract from the noise.

Have a great day to all!

Cathy F
February 28th, 2017, 05:28 PM
hi all,
Very late getting here today. Had an eye Dr. appointment today, they dilated my eyes for the exam and vision is still off pupils are still huge!
Had to go get some supplies in yesterday for a craft project I'm chairing next month. Going to a shelter for homeless young girls and will be bringing wooden trinket boxes for them to decorate and have for their rooms. Bought stencils, paint, colored crystals, ribbons, and stamps. Should be fun to see what they create. Last year I went and we did beaded bracelets which they really liked. We do a craft with them and then we bring in ice cream and cookies for a dessert. I really enjoy spending some time with them and talking with them.
Have to get to the quilt store early next week and get my stuff for the folded wreath class I signed up for. If it's not too complicated it may turn out to be a gift idea for next Christmas gift giving, we'll see how it goes.

Saturday I helped assemble gift baskets for our yearly Pilot Club theater party, it is our largest fundraiser and quite an enjoyable day. We put together 54 raffle baskets of wonderful gifts plus we have numerous gift cards that have been donated by our members and merchants. Our event is March 5, it is a catered luncheon, raffle drawings, and a live performance upstairs after lunch in the theater. A lot of work but it raises a good sum to continue our service to the community and the people who attend seem to come back each year.
off to get a nice hot cup of tea, and close my eyes for a bit!