PDA

View Full Version : Early Sunday morning

Monique
February 26th, 2017, 08:28 AM
Good morning everyone. Family went home yesterday morning VERY early. I had a great visit with them but I was tired when they left.

Lynda brought home the Singer Friday night so I got to play at little with it yesterday. I took out one of the embroidery cartridges but it wasn't doing what I thought it should. I will just have to be patient and READ the instructions more carefully. I also was getting packed for the retreat tomorrow.

Well it was a WET weekend. It poured rain for most of the day yesterday. My goodness, has the snow ever gone down. Spring is slowly making its way here. It will be nice when all the snow is gone.

Not sure what today holds. Hubby probably wants to go somewhere. I will finish packing later.

Have a great day everyone.

Bubby
February 26th, 2017, 09:43 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Monique, glad you had a good visit with your family. Take today and rest up if you can. How about I send you a plane ticket and you come here for a week and light a fire under me!!

We had a long day yesterday with our accountant. She has been friends with Jeff for more than 30 years and she and I are kindred spirits. This is her last year coming back to Missouri to do our taxes but I can mail our info to her and we will do our taxes over the phone next year. The Girls behaved super well and were waiting in the truck asleep after our appointment. We couldn't leave them at home because we needed to be away from home for 8-9 hours. I'm glad the taxes are done. We have to pay again this year (nothing new) so I will be on a fabric diet for quite some time.

This is unofficial (and I might deny it later) but I'm almost out of the sewing slump I've been in all year. I cleaned my machine this morning and got it ready for a new project, which will be an Easy Hourglass quilt made from Atelier by 3 Sisters. It will be for our bed. My favorite fabric designers are French General and 3 Sisters.

Jeff is suffering from his seasonal allergies right now. We are having a cold snap and maybe that will hold them off a little.

Scottie dogs aren't kissers by nature but our Olive has begun kissing both of us. The vet said this is the beginning of her saying goodbye to us. This tears us up.

Wishing everyone a peaceful Sunday. We will watch the Daytona 500.

Hugs all around....

shermur
February 26th, 2017, 10:01 AM
Morning....

I have been sick since lunch time on Friday.....I haven't gotten much done since then. I hope to feel better by tomorrow.....

Bubby
February 26th, 2017, 10:18 AM
Awwww....sorry you're sick. There is so much going around right now. Feel better soon....(((HUGS)))

Iris Girl
February 26th, 2017, 10:18 AM
Monique sounds like a rest is in order or at least a slower paced day. Barb my heart is with you as you walk this road with sweet Olive.Hugs for all of you. After a week of 60's and 70's and some open windows today it is a brisk 31 degrees and windy. Perfect for clothes to dry on the line. My oldest son's B'day is march 2 so he has requested apple pie. doing that today so apple pie is in the oven. Youngest son's B'day is the following thursday and he has requested cheesecake so will be making that next weekend. Not much else going on. Have a great day all.

Monique
February 26th, 2017, 10:41 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Monique, glad you had a good visit with your family. Take today and rest up if you can. How about I send you a plane ticket and you come here for a week and light a fire under me!!

We had a long day yesterday with our accountant. She has been friends with Jeff for more than 30 years and she and I are kindred spirits. This is her last year coming back to Missouri to do our taxes but I can mail our info to her and we will do our taxes over the phone next year. The Girls behaved super well and were waiting in the truck asleep after our appointment. We couldn't leave them at home because we needed to be away from home for 8-9 hours. I'm glad the taxes are done. We have to pay again this year (nothing new) so I will be on a fabric diet for quite some time.

This is unofficial (and I might deny it later) but I'm almost out of the sewing slump I've been in all year. I cleaned my machine this morning and got it ready for a new project, which will be an Easy Hourglass quilt made from Atelier by 3 Sisters. It will be for our bed. My favorite fabric designers are French General and 3 Sisters.

Jeff is suffering from his seasonal allergies right now. We are having a cold snap and maybe that will hold them off a little.

Scottie dogs aren't kissers by nature but our Olive has begun kissing both of us. The vet said this is the beginning of her saying goodbye to us. This tears us up.

Wishing everyone a peaceful Sunday. We will watch the Daytona 500.

Hugs all around....

I would LOVE to spend a week with you although I don't know if we would get much done in the way of sewing!!! (WINK WINK)

Monique
February 26th, 2017, 10:41 AM
Morning....

I have been sick since lunch time on Friday.....I haven't gotten much done since then. I hope to feel better by tomorrow.....

I too hope you feel better soon.

Monique
February 26th, 2017, 10:44 AM
Bubby my heart aches for you and Jeff as you go through this journey with Olive. She is a very lucky girl to have such wonderful people in her life.

seaturtle
February 26th, 2017, 12:18 PM
Sorry to hear there's so much sickness going around. Try to rest and drink plenty of fluids. It is still lingering at our house, but everyone is functional at this time.

Barb, I'll continue to pray for y'all - enjoy this time with your sweet Olive. I know you probably mentioned this before, but how old is she and Dottie?

JCY
February 26th, 2017, 01:52 PM
Good Sunday Morning, All ~ I decided to stay home from church today. I've been more tired than usual since the car got rear-ended on Wed. Still have a mild headache, stiffness/soreness in my neck, & a few more achy spots showing up here & there. I chilled out for a while in the recliner yest. afternoon with my CD headset on & the warm Bed Buddy MW heat pack wrapped around my neck. My fam. dr. gave me some neck exercises to do for the whiplash. I'll call tomorrow to make an appt. for a massage. The insurance adjustor came Fri. to see the car. I have to decide which body shop (State Farm recommended two.)

By evening yest., I felt like doing a little sewing. I got out an older UFO, the 9-patch scrappy star I had been working ages ago. (Pics in my UFO album.) I had 7 blocks (12.5") made, so I'll need 5 more. I searched through my scraps & found 2.5" strips to use for the center 9-P, which measures 6.5". I got 3 centers made before I quit. I hope to work on that project again this afternoon.

My oldest son is coming for a week end visit in May, so I have something for which to look forward. He has a conf. in Okla. City; he'll combine that with a trip on over to Colo. He helps us with projects DH no longer can do, e.g. clean under the refrigerator, clean windows, etc. It will be good to see him. My DIL starts a new job tomorrow. Let's hope this work environment is an improvement over the last couple jobs she's had. So many companies are requiring their workers to do more with less. It's just too much stress trying to do the job of 2 people. I'm hoping & praying this will be a better situation for her.

It's sunny here. It was a chilly a.m. with 20 deg. & frost. We still have snow on the ground from 2 days ago. We got 2-3"; some of it already has melted. The streets & sidewalks are clear. Next week end we could see 60's again.

I hope everyone has a good rest of the week end. Barb, hugs to Olive & you. I know it's a tough time.

Bubby
February 26th, 2017, 01:57 PM
Cindy, Olive is 7 and Dottie is 9. They are closer than close.

seaturtle
February 26th, 2017, 02:29 PM
Barb, I didn't realize they were that 'young'. We used to have Great Danes. Over a period of 20 years, we had 3 different Danes and each one of them began to decline when they were about 6 yrs. They are known to have various issues because of their size, and each suffered from a different issue, but the oldest one we had was 8. It was so devastating to go through that. This time around we rescued a much smaller mixed breed. She's now 7 and as healthy as ever.

Enjoy your time with Olive. My heart hurts for you. It is never easy.

shermur
February 26th, 2017, 06:48 PM
"Scottie dogs aren't kissers by nature but our Olive has begun kissing both of us. The vet said this is the beginning of her saying goodbye to us. This tears us up."

Oh, Barb...just remember, you have a quilting family to lean on always.

Navy Wife
February 26th, 2017, 10:46 PM
Managed to get to church this morning. I've had so much pain from arthritis that I've stayed home a lot this year. I had planned to finish cutting out DGD's quilt, but DS asked if they could come by for light dinner. Of course they can! We a nice visit. He's scheduled for back surgery next week, and I won't be able to be there. This is my baby, so he is special even at 52! I'm getting cortisone shots in my hip. We're trying to manage the pain till next fall. Then I can have the hip replacement and take my time getting back on my feet.
My prayers are still with you and the girls, Barb. We had one Scottie who was a kisser, at least she kissed me a lot! The boys were not into kissing! I miss those stubborn little guys and gals. My love now is a cat who is almost as stubborn as the Scotties. But she is easier to take care of at my age.