PDA

View Full Version : Night Owl Makes a Sandwich!

toggpine
February 24th, 2017, 05:15 AM
Whoo Hoo! I managed to get two quilts laid out on the living room floor and basted into sandwiches!

Seeing as they took up most of the floor, I had to move the couch and Eric's recliner. This necessitated a thorough vacuuming of the living room before to catch hidden dust bunnies and sparkly tinsel bits from Em's metallic pipe cleaners, and after to make sure I hadn't missed any pins!

Now to clear the dining table to be able to have the work space to quilt them. Thankfully, they are pretty straight forward so they shouldn't take too much work. The second one will be half straight line quilting, and then some FMQ using a stenciled pattern. I may take that quilt in two parts. I have a panel or two that I will probably use as a Guinea pig for my new quilting feet.
I will eventually get that to-do list narrowed down!

House work and quilting both were achieved today. What is up in your neck of the woods?

LauraP
February 24th, 2017, 05:45 AM
and here I was hoping it was a sandwich to eat! Guess I will just have to stay hungry until you post pictures.

pjyoder414@yahoo.com
February 24th, 2017, 05:54 AM
wow you've been busy. I've been up since 1am but no ambition to sew. Just been doing emails and watching Jenny's videos.

kimsophia
February 25th, 2017, 02:53 AM
Our early spring weather is over--we got an inch of snow or so. It is very white out on the lawns and street. I did some more cross stitching on the camel. The Frixion pens are valuable for transferring the chart to the fabric. Then I can just turn off my brain and stitch an area and not worry about where to stop and start the next color.

The Bulls won tonight! :) In overtime! Oh boy did the Warriors play a game last night. They scored 50 points in the third quarter. It was a sight to see! :D

toggpine
February 25th, 2017, 03:45 AM
Not much sewing was done today. A little sore from doing pin-basting yoga on the living room floor all day yesterday. The laundry is all caught up. I even managed some more spring cleaning around the house. The cutting table is 2/3 cleaned off even. Perhaps I'll be able to get some more work done on the never ending list of stuff I want to sew at some point this weekend.
Although if we have decent weather, it will be outside work that takes priority. We are going to try a few new things in our garden this year. I'd really like to try a cold frame/plastic cover over part of the garden. It would give us a jump on the produce, but we'll see.

It's about time to turn in if we have a weekend full of fun planned. I hope it's all good in your neck of the woods!