PDA

View Full Version : Well it is the middle of the week DAY!!

Monique
February 22nd, 2017, 09:18 AM
Good morning everyone. I had a busy day yesterday driving Mr. Daisy!! I was gone most of the day and didn't have a nap either. I slept pretty good last night.

As I was leaving yesterday morning Phil called to say they were coming today instead. OH my I need to get the rooms 'cleaned', well just sort of picked up anyway.

No sewing for me for a couple of days. Next week I am at retreat from Monday to Thursday so I hope to accomplish a lot.

Off to lunch with Bonnie today too and a quick stop to the quilt store. I need NOTHING!!! How good do you think I will be? Any bets?

You all have a super duper day. We had RAIN yesterday and more coming today. That should wash away the snow pretty quickly.

Cathy F
February 22nd, 2017, 09:41 AM
Morning all,
Up early with a tickle in the throat that started a coughing spell, so figured might just as well get up.
Feeling much better and yesterday actually got out . Ran to the bank, got to the post office to get a long overdue package mailed out, then to the grocery store as our cupboards were looking pretty bare. Even managed to clean my oven and the sun room....Then take a much needed nap!
Snow is slowly but surely melting, hope the temps keep up till it's completely gone.
Haven't been in the sewing room and it's long overdue for a good cleaning,it seems I keep procrastinating on that job, maybe when my inspiration hits again I'll have a go at it.
Time to get a cup of coffee and see what's in store for me today!

shermur
February 22nd, 2017, 09:47 AM
Morning....

5 interviews last week, two interviews yesterday, two interviews today. Although, I have been offered an assignment through a temp to hire company that starts on Thursday. The assignment to scheduled to last at least until May 27, 2017. I guess my way of thinking is to go ahead and do the interviews scheduled today just to have an open network just in case this current assignment doesn't work out?

I am grateful for all of the well wishes, thoughts and prayers sent up on my behalf! Hopefully, life is turning around and I can finally get a hold of the chaos! And I guess my starting a quilting business in my home will be on hold. First of all, I can't seem to find the "perfect" upgrade in mid-arm machine that I want with the limited funds that I have! And, there is still on organizational issue in the sewing room!

Bubby
February 22nd, 2017, 11:17 AM
Morning,

Sherri, the right job just hasn't found you yet. Hang in there and do go for those interviews.

I think I have the flu.....aches, chills, fever, headache. Jeff stayed home to day to take care of Olive (and me).

Blondie and I had a nice long chat yesterday and she's doing fine.

Hugs to everyone.

seaturtle
February 22nd, 2017, 11:27 AM
Morning all,

I went back to the DR yesterday and started new meds. Feeling a little better today, but sounding just as bad. Hopefully, we've turned the corner at my house. DH went back to work so he is feeling better.

Barb, sorry to hear you're feeling poorly, now. Lots of fluids and rest - if I lived closer, I'd come make you some chicken soup. Hope you feel better soon.

Sherrie, I would definitely keep those interviews today. You never know what will work out. Good luck on them.

Cathy, I hope your tickle stays just a tickle. Lots of flu and colds in our area.

Monique, enjoy your visit with Phil and have fun at the quilt shop.

Hope all who follows have a great day!

Angelia
February 22nd, 2017, 01:56 PM
Feel better, Barb!

auntiemern
February 22nd, 2017, 04:00 PM
Wow, so many folks under the weather. Prayers and hugs for all. Barb, so sorry you are feeling poorly...but oh so happy you got to talk to Blondie. I got a message from her cousin Annie yesterday. She has lost my phone #, and needed it. If you have never talked to Annie, let me tell you she is a hoot. Cindy glad you are finally getting a handle on your illness. Lots of crud going around in this neck of the woods too.
Sherrie, the job WILL find you. It will all work out sweetie. Monique enjoy your visit with Phil, and your retreat later this week.
My doc increased the gabapentin for the neuropathic nerve pain from the shingles. That is what is sooooo bad. It burns and hurts like nothing I have ever felt in my entire life. But the increase does seem to be helping. I did manage to get a few zipper pouches made yesterday.
This whole thing with me could not have happened at a worse time. We have had such a mild winter that DH's cabin fever has kicked in earlier than usual. This is the time of year he is usually spending a lot of time at the lake fishing. As much as I try to get him to go, he won't leave me while I have this. He doesn't want me to have to care for the grand kids on my own. So he is in a bad funk, and that is affecting me....I just want him to go, and do what he does and relax. But noooo....he is not going to go and leave me with taking care of the kids on my own. I tell him it isn't like I am in bed ill, or anything like that...I am just uncomfortable, but perfectly capable of taking care of them. All he has to do is make sure I have food here to feed them, since I still cannot wear clothes. I can however pick them up, and take them home in my night gown, or even pj's if I keep the bottoms pulled way down. Oh well, I will keep working on him.
Have a great day everyone.