PDA

View Full Version : A Slightly Soggy Sunday

toggpine
February 19th, 2017, 04:19 PM
We busted our bums yesterday cleaning our big barn in advance of kidding season. Our Sunday is off to a slower start.

Eric has a batch of bacon in the smoker and I made a couple dozen cupcakes for Em's birthday party this afternoon. I'll decorate them after they cool.
I need to figure out a storage/tote bag for Hubby's ski helmet. Probably a fleece drawstring job will be the easiest all around. That will be the most excitement for the day is my guess.

Big or small, what's going on with you today?
Hugs, Cathy

Carolnnc
February 19th, 2017, 04:54 PM
Cathy, I want some of that bacon! Someone recently gave me a smoker and I'm waiting from warmer weather to try smoking a pork butt.
Today has been laundry out on the clothesline, working on a Valentine's Day table runner, watching a hockey game and sewing the binding on a quilt. Tonight is veggie night so it's beans, sweet potatoes, corn and biscuits.
It's been a great day so far!

TMP
February 19th, 2017, 05:33 PM
I am trying to catch up on the solstice challenge. I can smell that bacon. Is there anything any better than smoked bacon? DH is outside enjoying this beautiful weather , washing and waxing cars. Hope everyone enjoys their day :)

Bubby
February 19th, 2017, 05:48 PM
We are cutting down some dead/damaged trees and hauling them to the burn pit. This is the kind of day that will make us sleep like logs tonight. Have a good day everyone.

Iris Girl
February 19th, 2017, 06:02 PM
We are getting some great melt down on this snow and ice we have gotten past few weeks. I can see the lawn in spots!

Claire Hallman
February 19th, 2017, 06:35 PM
We have sun and 75 degrees. I managed to separate and plant some lilies that were given to me recently. We had to enlarge a bed to have a place for them so I was sweating pretty good by the time we were done.
I am on the porch soaking up this nice weather.

JCY
February 19th, 2017, 08:03 PM
Partly cloudy with some sun today. It made it up to 69 deg. I ran in & out all afternoon moving the sprinkler. It's been very dry here. This is the 3rd day I've watered. It's way too early to turn on the sprinkler system. We'll have more snow in March & April.

pcbatiks
February 19th, 2017, 08:14 PM
We had a good day today. Our DS and his girlfriend came over to eat. Hubby grilled fish & shrimp for fish tacos. Yummy! We were all starving. Had a nice time visiting with them and enjoying some laughs.

I probably will cut out the last of squares for the yellow/gray quilt I am starting on.

The weather is nice today......wearing shorts and short sleeves. :D

MaryUK
February 20th, 2017, 07:41 AM
I had a lazy day, went to church morning and evening and did little in between!! It was nice to relax after the busy week I had had but today I am paying for the idleness!! The washing machine is on, the iron is heating up and a shopping list for the supermarket is being compiled!!
I am back to work on Tuesday and I really need to tidy my sewing room, so a very busy day ahead!!