PDA

View Full Version : RANT....Is it just me that feels like this?

inspired
February 18th, 2017, 11:20 PM
Has everyone forgotten to be KIND? We do not know what others are facing unless we have been in their position. A constructive response to a problem is a good thing. If someone is feeling desperate and alone and reaching out to this forum they are looking for help from a loving and caring community. They do not need snarky responses to their problems. I have been sitting here and pondering if I should post this and decided why not. In my darkest moments I reached out here and was so inspired by the responses I got. It should be the same for everyone. If you do not give a crap then don't reply

DeniseSm
February 19th, 2017, 12:39 AM
Hi inspired. :icon_wave: It definitely seems to me that the world is be coming more callous. I think it is easier to be cruel on line than in person. I hope you noticed that it is not everyone on this forum. I think this is the friendliest safest forum I have ever found.

In case you were not aware you can block posts from forum members who consistently upset you. Left Click on their member name in the left hand column and select "View Profile" Then select "Add to Ignore List"

Hope this helps

inspired
February 19th, 2017, 01:00 AM
Thank you Denise ...I really do not think everyone here is like this! I love belonging to this forum I will be using that blocking feature for sure!!! Since I am one of the and I quote..." Poor You" people. I am so disgusted right now but I will end this. One bad apple should not rot the whole barrel!!!

jjkaiser
February 19th, 2017, 01:16 AM
My whole life my Mom complained that I was so tactless. I hope nothing I said offended anyone. I think everyone on the Forum here is pretty good, and I for one enjoy reading the variety of responses. How boring it would be if we never had different opinions.

auntiemern
February 19th, 2017, 01:22 AM
So sorry is someone has done that to you...there are 1 or 2 people that are pretty rude and snarky most of the time. Don't let people like that get to you. I left for over a month because of that...and decided to just ignore and block the few ignorant people here. This really is a place that is full of love, caring and generosity. Don't let one or 2 bad apples spoil your love for this amazing forum.

kensington
February 19th, 2017, 01:28 AM
Let me guess...

auntiemern
February 19th, 2017, 01:37 AM
And you would be right ;)
Let me guess...

grammaterry
February 19th, 2017, 02:09 AM
Well, I am feeling clueless right now, but may God Bless you and help you with any problems that are overwhelming you.

Hulamoon
February 19th, 2017, 02:13 AM
It's been awhile, so maybe it's the weather.

Judy, USMC
February 19th, 2017, 02:31 AM
Luckily it is easy to recognize the snarky posts; the writer(s) can be callous. Unfortunately (in most cases) we don't know if their posts are unintentionally rude; specifically and thoughtfully worded to make the original poster feel inferior; or intentionally argumentative.

For those who are not aware that these people are allowed here - don't be intimidated! Easily identifiable and often irritating. Blocking is the best response (even though you may miss other posts that are beneficial.)

(Edited to add - This isn't the first time the plea to be kind has been posted. And probably won't be the last. Some people don't, won't or can't change.)

Irene221b
February 19th, 2017, 04:52 AM
I am sorry to read that happened to you. With so many friendly & helpful people here, hopefully the nice responses will keep out shining the snarky.

MHG Winnower
February 19th, 2017, 07:25 AM
Block whoever it is, let it go and focus on what and who you enjoy. We can't control kindness in others, but we certainly can control it in ourselves (and it may be hard to do in some cases). I personally am sorry when anyone has to deal with behaviors that upset them, but we can't kiss it and make it better all the time. Smile, today is a new day!

Bubby
February 19th, 2017, 09:29 AM
The Block button is a good thing. For the most part our members are thoughtful and kind, but there is always the exception (enter Block Button).

Monique
February 19th, 2017, 10:06 AM
Holy moly I missed something somewhere. (Never mind I found it)

For the most part, the people here on the forum are the best. Don't let it upset you. In some people it is just their nature to be rude.

Lyndaj
February 19th, 2017, 10:29 AM
I SO agree. When posting anywhere, whether it be here, facebook, etc, I believe in the golden rule and will never post anything to knock somebody down. It's sad, but a lot of people like to hide behind their computers and post really mean things.

cv quilter
February 19th, 2017, 11:17 AM
I am so sorry for the way you are feeling because of an offending post directed to you. I have been where you are some time ago. My feeling is if I can't say something nice to someone in response to something I read or see in a post, I shouldn't say anything at all. I love reading and seeing all the posts here and check every day. There are some super nice people here, talented and willing to share their knowledge with others and offer a "smile" or words of encouragement. I never realized there was an "Ignore" button, and find that interesting and probably very handy. Use it for those who hurt or offend you.

Iris Girl
February 19th, 2017, 11:37 AM
So sorry to hear about the rude answers you received from a member here. For the most part as has been said the people here are super nice and eager to help. But as with anywhere there are those rude snarky people who think they are better then others and are mean . The ignore button is great I have a few on it for this very reason. I had belonged to another forum and was removed from it when someone made a snarky comment to me. When I defended myself I as booted. Oh well obviously was not the place for me. Please just try and continue here and forget the bad , because the good much outweighs it.

cv quilter
February 19th, 2017, 11:49 AM
Just had a thought about the ignore button.....For those who have used it, is it only because someone was rude? I can see where it would be helpful.

kgirlmom
February 19th, 2017, 12:32 PM
As a reminder, MSQ (or someone) has posted this at the front page of the FORUM.

This forum is the BEST and 99.9 percent supportive of everyone.

cashs_mom
February 19th, 2017, 01:16 PM
Well, I am feeling clueless right now, but may God Bless you and help you with any problems that are overwhelming you.

I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Hulamoon
February 19th, 2017, 01:20 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one.

You posted in the nervous thread, that's what it's about.

cashs_mom
February 19th, 2017, 01:53 PM
You posted in the nervous thread, that's what it's about.

Um, yeah. I know that.

mommadeb
February 19th, 2017, 02:45 PM
I used it because someone was just plain un-nice to people. I got tired of reading her posts. I do not know if she is on here anymore or not and frankly, I don't care. We don't need people like that on here. Difference of opinion is fine but rude isn't.

Just had a thought about the ignore button.....For those who have used it, is it only because someone was rude? I can see where it would be helpful.

cv quilter
February 19th, 2017, 03:37 PM
I fully agree with you. Can't see why someone would want to be on this forum if they are feeling so negative or can't post to threads politely/nicely. I don't see a problem with using the ignore button. No one has to be subjected to rudeness.

kgirlmom
February 19th, 2017, 03:52 PM
I agree with the others that the ignore button is helpful. What is that other saying ... something like "bye Felicia"?

alliek
February 19th, 2017, 04:00 PM
Inspired: I haven't been on this site for awhile now. I am so sorry about any responses that hurt your feelings or made you angry. No one has that right to do that here. I have always been upheld in the most positive way at this site, which is why I'm still here. I don't know who, and don't want to know but I will pray for those who feel powerful behind a post that makes someone else feel bad. The majority of folks who populate this site are humane, kind and humorous. Keep the faith.