PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday - back to reality

Blondie
January 4th, 2012, 08:30 AM

Happy Wednesday, Everyone ~

We have one family of stragglers leaving this weekend, but they are not much to fuss with, so yay, I feel as if we are almost normal again. It has been a fun but crazed time. Both hubs and I are quite tired, as you can imagine. We are used to having company come a few times a year but this year it was in overload, as I mentioned the other day. It was great to see the young folks and their children. I love my mother's side of the family - we had a load of fun looking at pictures, discussing family history and etc. One of my cousins who was here for a visit, lived in Oz for 5 years when he was a teen. My uncle was always a bit of a gypsy, so his boys lived all over the world. Now that particular cousin has a son that just returned from living in that magical country. He married a sweet girl from Queensland.

Today my machine will get some visitation rights. I need to get a few birthday gifts going.

Have a wonderful day everyone!!

quilter.martha
January 4th, 2012, 08:56 AM
Morning Blondie--glad to hear things are beginning to return to normal for you. I'm always glad to be finished with the holidays so I can get back into a real routine. Of course, my routine does a drastic change right after the new year--I start back to work tomorrow doing taxes. As you can guess, it's a pretty hectic busy time. My quilting time will be extremely limited from here on until April 16, sob. But, I managed to make good with my time yesterday. I'm working on a UFO. It's in the quilting stage and I got lots done on it yesterday. It's a large sized lap quilt from a BOM from 2010. It matches our family room perfectly, so this one is for ME! Looking forward to having it finished.

Today I have my annual physical, then its off to church to do my volunteer work. So I won't get much time in the sewing room today.

Everyone have a great day!

Monique
January 4th, 2012, 09:28 AM
Good morning Blondie and Martha.

Blondie, WELCOME BACK!! It's great that things are starting to get back to normal. I had my son and his family for a whole week and found that a little tough. But I would never tell them it's time to go home. LOL!!

I got more quilted on the baby quilt yesterday. It is extremely cold here again today, but it will warm up throughout the day. I got called last night to work the rest of this week. I can only work today and tomorrow as I committed myself to helping Jodi with her bridal fair. I will take the quilt with me to work on when it is not busy.

That is what is in store for my day.

Happy quilting day everyone.

Bubby
January 4th, 2012, 09:45 AM
Hi Everyone...

Can it be Wednesday already! DH has stayed home from work with a bad cold/sinus infection. It seems his CPAP machine is bothering his sinuses. We have an appointment with the breathing doctor the 25th and we'll see if he has any suggestions.

I've been busy with year end bookkeeping for our business. It seems more of a chore this year than ever before.

Yesterday I received a package from MSQC with the papers and template for the Wacky Web quilt. Can't wait to get started, but other things must be done first.

Martha, good to see you back online! Missed you.

Hugs all around, Barb

KiltedQuilter
January 4th, 2012, 10:00 AM
Morning all!

Yucky weather here, but not as bad as yesterday with the high winds, thankfully!

Doing LOTS of spring cleaning(early I know) today. I have always been a squirrel but BOY! some of these things haven't seen the light of day an a long long time! Time to have a cleary oot(clear out) as we say here!

Loonwatcher
January 4th, 2012, 10:00 AM
Good morning all,

Welcome back Blondie, we missed you. Glad things are getting back to normal. Martha, good to hear from you too. You mentioned your annual physical. I have blood work this Fri and physical next week. I have a feeling my blood work numbers aren't going to be good; the sugar might be up and I know my BP is too. I don't get enough exercise. With the winter blues heavy upon me, I don't really care either. I just want to curl up and hypernate. Oh, I think I'm having one of those days...pardon my whining. But it's too **** cold here!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Mrs.Sew&Sew
January 4th, 2012, 10:21 AM
HEY! Blondie's BBBBBAAAAAAACCCCCCCKKKKKKK!!!
Glad your back! I missed reading the "happenings with Blondie"
I missed the rest of you all too "sorry" ladies forgot! :icon_razz:
Glad everyone had a splendid Christmas and New Year with the family!

I did as well, ate WAY tooooo much and received many more gifts than I deserved!

Back to quilting yesterday and maybe today. Man-O-Mine has to return to work today so I have to take him to pick up the rental so he can return tonight!
Hugs to you all for a great day of quilting!

Sharon G
January 4th, 2012, 10:28 AM
Good morning all! :icon_wave:
Wednesday is over for me. It's 5 before midnight and it's almost time to get some sleep.
It has been a beautiful, sunny, summers day here in Adelaide.
We have DS & DIL with the 2 DGD's here until Friday so we spent a lovely day swimming and playing.

Going to hit the local fabric shop in the morning. They have good sales right now so I will have to hold on tight to my credit card.

Hope you all have a lovely day wherever you are. :icon_bigsmile:

oldgurl4
January 4th, 2012, 12:04 PM
Good morning Everyone!!
The First HUMP Day of the Year!

Luv your mug ~Sunshine~ LOL NoW Sit Back and Smell THAT COFFEE!!! Brewing!! LOL

I missed Ya' all yesterday.... I had no internet Access...(Noooo I didn't forget to pay My Bill!!!)
Let Me Explainnnn.....

I have what is called a Mobile Stick.... thru my Cell phone company....Here I'll show Ya....

I don't have a Home line at all, so I'm limited monthly to what I can use.

BUT!
That's about to change cause I found out that :VATT will not be MERGING with T-Mobile anymore.
It seems that CONGRESS Put their Foot down on ATT and that's History Now!...
Yayyyyy "CONGRESS"

For Now I have to use my Job's Wireless Wi-fi till tomorrow when my new plan kicks is.

Let Me go see what else I missed yesterday...
LAter!

Be Safe...Stay Strong and don't give Up on those RESOLUTIONS!!

WHat do YA MEAN.... WHAT Resolutions!!??

:icon_shake: Oyeee...YEyyyy!!!

cyndiofthevortex
January 4th, 2012, 12:12 PM
Sharon, do you have a guest room?

One of my New Year's Resolutions is to get outside and take a walk every day, but as Nancy and Monique have said, it is cold outside around here and I hate the cold! I have a nice project to work on and all the fabric for it, the Polka Dot Swap blocks, so I have a good reason to stay in my little sewing room and sew all day. I can't quit a NYR so soon, so I will bundle up and out I will go.

I hope you all have a peaceful and blessed day.

Cyndi

CrazyMtnLady
January 4th, 2012, 12:26 PM
Good Morning Blondie. Glad you had a great holiday.
Has been a bit on the cold side here the last couple days and very windy. But looking to hit the 50s and even maybe 60s this week... Yippee!!!
I have so many chores to do and no energy to do them. I think I am getting a cold. Took Vitamin C this morning and taking it a bit easy today. Chores can wait!!!! DH will be in Mountain Home Arkansas this weekend for a gun show, so I will have all weekend to myself to get things done.

Sandy Navas
January 4th, 2012, 01:08 PM
Did I read somewhere that we're getting back to normal? I don't even know what that means. Normal: nor·mal
   /ˈnɔrməl/ Show Spelled [nawr-muhl] Show IPA - adjective
1. conforming to the standard or the common type; usual; not abnormal; regular; natural.
2. serving to establish a standard.

Does not compute!! I'm laughing because Al used to work for a guy who was so excited because he and his wife were now officially rated along with the "average American household" statistics. And he was so proud of it . . . I've never wanted to be normal. And, I guess, by rambling on about something insignificant that I've achieved that goal for the day. I keep hearing beeps like a truck backing up and keep looking at the door to see if there is a group of guys in white jackets coming to carry me away today.

Going to try to get some quilting done on Michelle's quilt today. Have to watch some kids this afternoon. Guess that's it for me.

Prayers to my friends in need, hugs to those who need some comforting, warm wishes to those who are chilled to the bone, working air conditioning for those in sweltering heat. Love to all . . .

Genny
January 4th, 2012, 01:16 PM
Its always great to get thru hump day and look forward to the weekend. If I don't work this weekend then husband and I are taking a road trip so he can look at guitar amplifiers and I can stop in at a Janome dealer that sells accessories for my machine and also has tons of fabrics in the store. I can't wait! I NEED to get some new fabric!!!

Hope everyone has a great day!!!

HandsOffItsMine
January 4th, 2012, 06:51 PM
Cyndi, good that you went walking, even if it's cold outside. :)

I couldn't walk today, the VOG from the volcano on the Big Island has been blown here for the last two days. It's like a soupy, fog, and it's not too good to breath it in. The trade winds are suppose to come back tomorrow, I sure hope so. I need to keep up the walks, otherwise my muscles are going to ache all over again. Dang!

Just posted an ad for scrap fabrics for Project Linus on our Association TV channel, hopefully there are some old quilters in the buildings that want to unload some of their stash. :) HEHE! And I met a wife of Don's friend who's going to take me to her aunties who quilt traditional Hawaiian quilts. I'm so excited to see those!

Now I'm off to really get sore! Baste pinning an oversized baby quilt, my (_|_) muscles always hurt the next day. :(

Have a great day all, Ruby

bakermom
January 4th, 2012, 07:29 PM
I spent about 15min. this morning trying to thaw out my poor old van so i could get to an appointment. Love that old van but it's like trying to heat a barn! Then to add to my pleasure, one wiper broke, even though i had carefully loosened it first. i was almost late but DH stopped to help me on his way out to HIS app.(opposite direction from mine ,of course). I hate being late!! I rewarded myself with an afternoon of sewing.

ginampls
January 4th, 2012, 09:53 PM
wow...wednesday...ah 1pm the blasted the sirens for weather... first wedneday of the month...

work was great today. th store is leading in ourdistrict. as top store. we are good...

normally in the red river valley of the north.. cold as cold can be...not yet gonna be 50 tomorrow....go figure...ususally there is wind chill in the -10..-15....chest burning cold..plusnot so muchsnow yetthis year. fine with me...

have day off tomorrow.. and will set up machine..root me on ladies.... need that spark of energyto get a rolling on it.

debinmalaga
January 4th, 2012, 11:04 PM
Hello all, and happy Wednesday evening! Looong day at work today, our little bank branch is spread thin right now, boss lady out with a hurting neck after a car accident, one teller out on jury duty, and I'm the one covering both ends. Come onnnn, weekend!

Happy to report that my little cheapie stand-in sewing machine did pretty well on a tote, and I started some piecing with it. I'm dying to start quilting a throw I pieced for myself - it's six Dresden plates on a burgundy background, done in Luna Notte fabrics - but quilting will have to wait until my Singer is home from the warranty center... whenever that is!

Will allow myself a few more minutes catching up with y'all, then it's cuddle time with the dog and the news, then off to bed for DH and I... so I can get up and do it all again tomorrow!

lilmouse
January 5th, 2012, 06:03 AM
Wednesday is over but will report on my corner of the world.....tomorrow is my "Monday"; I am off on Tues and Wed....spent the last two days teaching and helping my girlfriend make a baby quilt the size of the top of a full size bed! Out of flannel! She won't be doing that again....she is so frustrated! I did get one charity quilt (Quilts for Kids) completely done today and the second one is ready for quilting...all pin basted and ready to go but it is bed time for me....so will say goodnight....nice to see everyone back on track today...love your coffee cup Blondie...I need one of those!