PDA

View Full Version : News about Brandon!

RFREE
February 12th, 2017, 09:56 PM
Hello everybody!
I don't get on here much but drop in and lurk now and then. I have been keeping busy with work, making my sewing room wall decor,appliqued tee shirts and stuffed elephants among other things but I just couldn't let this go by without telling all of you that remember our friend Brandon that we made the quilts and pillows for his 18th birthday.
He is now driving!! He drove himself over to my house and took me for a ride! I am so very proud of him. He is able to get in and out without the help of anyone. His wheelchair is actually his drivers seat. It clips in with the push of a button. He has joy sticks that control gas ,brakes,stirring and everything else you need to drive. He is over the moon about it. Of course I done the parent thing... Just always Be careful ,watch other ppl. bla bla bla. He has never been independent and at least now he can go places alone. Still is totally dependant on getting in and out of his w/c but I am so happy for him.
I will post pictures tomorrow. I took them with my phone and it is dead right now.
Hope everyone is doing well.
Rhonda

songbird857
February 12th, 2017, 10:09 PM
That is so exciting! I would love to see pics :)

Sandy Navas
February 12th, 2017, 10:11 PM
That makes me swell up with pride for him - I hope you told him how much of an impact he made on the lives of your quilting friends. Did you give him a hug for us or is he shying away from affection like that. WTG Brandon!!

auntiemern
February 13th, 2017, 02:53 AM
WTG Brandon. Woot Woot!!! This just made my day. How excited he must be. Please share pics of him driving with us. His story touched so many of our lives, I am glad you thought to update us on his newest achievement.

Monique
February 13th, 2017, 09:14 AM
That certainly is wonderful news.

Jean Sewing Machine
February 13th, 2017, 09:59 AM
So glad to hear that he is doing well!