PDA

View Full Version : They're here!!

SallyO'Sews
February 12th, 2017, 01:55 AM
Noah (3 lbs. 8 oz.) and Micah (4 lbs. 14 oz.) were born to DS#8 and his wife this morning at 6 a.m. They are doing great, as are mom & dad. They came early (DIL broke her water around midnight last night at 33 weeks), so will be in the NICU for a bit, but no health issues at all. So thankful and just about tickled to death.

I've been working on a couple of pinwheel quilts for the twins, but thought I'd have more time! So I'll be putting those on the "front burner." Meanwhile, this morning I found a couple of pieces of green & blue flannel in the fabric box marked "Children" in my sewing room. I laundered those and made two receiving blankets to take to the hospital (the green is for Micah and the blue for Noah, because of the story of his namesake being in the ark :icon_bigsmile:). DIL was so sweet; she says they can use them in the NICU.

Even though I have given birth ten times, it is absolutely astonishing to me how perfect they are, and to think they were BOTH inside DIL's body less than 24 hours ago just blows me away. Life is truly miraculous.

tamsterg7
February 12th, 2017, 02:01 AM
Congratulations! So glad Mom and babies are all doing well, and hope they will be out of the NICU and hkme quickly.

Kgrammiecaz
February 12th, 2017, 03:06 AM
So little. Good to hear they are healthly and all are doing well. Congratulations to all. Bet you cant wait to get your hands on them. Enjoy.

Bubby
February 12th, 2017, 08:01 AM
Big hugs and congratulations to you and your family. What a blessing!!!!!!

MHG Winnower
February 12th, 2017, 08:28 AM
What a "double" blessing! Love the names! Congrats to all.

CraftyJnet
February 12th, 2017, 09:40 AM
How wonderful! Congratulations!

MRoy
February 12th, 2017, 09:51 AM
Congratulations! I'm glad they're doing so good.

asta
February 12th, 2017, 10:00 AM
Congratulations! So glad all are doing well.

Annababy
February 12th, 2017, 10:25 AM
Congratulations! What a blessing.

Iris Girl
February 12th, 2017, 10:40 AM
Congratulations! Hugs to all glad everyone is doing well!

seaturtle
February 12th, 2017, 10:48 AM
Congratulations on your double blessing! Glad everyone is doing well.

cv quilter
February 12th, 2017, 11:17 AM
Congratulations to all concerned for God's double blessing.

Lacey
February 12th, 2017, 11:59 AM
Congratulations to the two new additions to your family!! They are so precious!!

pjyoder414@yahoo.com
February 12th, 2017, 12:38 PM
Congratulations, so glad to hear that they and mom are doing good. Keep us informed and pictures too.

jjkaiser
February 12th, 2017, 01:46 PM
Oh this is the happiest news ever! Congratulations to all of you. Are these the first or only twins in the family?

inspired
February 12th, 2017, 02:44 PM
So happy for you and your family. You are going to have double the fun now..I know this firsthand..our twin granddaughters will turn 2 next week.

auntiemern
February 12th, 2017, 03:07 PM
Congrats on the babies. How exciting that must be. So little bitty, yet so perfect. The excitement in your post makes my heart smile. I absolutely love the names.

Monique
February 12th, 2017, 03:12 PM
Congratulations to you all.

songbird857
February 12th, 2017, 03:45 PM
Congratulations!!! Twins - twice the blessing :)

JCY
February 12th, 2017, 04:30 PM
I'm sure you can hardly wait till the babies get big enough to leave the hosp. so you can love on them. Congrats to all!

bakermom
February 12th, 2017, 06:47 PM
Congrats! Best wishes to your family

SallyO'Sews
February 13th, 2017, 01:58 AM
Oh this is the happiest news ever! Congratulations to all of you. Are these the first or only twins in the family?

Thanks for all the good wishes, Quilty Friends!

No twins in our family (except for a couple of instances where the mom & dad were being treated for infertility) or DIL's. She just earned her Master's degree last May, spent the summer on a paid internship, and had just started a new job when she found out she was pregnant. It was kind of a surprise - DS told me four years ago when they were dating that she had been told she would likely be unable to have children. So with the new job, she was a bit unsettled to learn she was pregnant.

When they went to the first ultrasound appointment, the technician pointed to the screen and said, "Okay, here's one baby heart, and here is the other baby's heart..." At which point my son said, "Wait! Two of them? are your sure? Can you check again?" And the tech said, "Mr. McMahon, you need to sit down - NOW!" And my DIL just burst out laughing; she told me later that as soon as she learned they were twins, she just said, "Okay, God, have Your way!" and was immediately at peace.

She had been nervous about telling her employer about the pregnancy so soon after being hired (the company she interned with basically created a position for her), but it turns out the HR lady's first pregnancy also resulted in twins, so she made sure she arranged for a special chair/desk set-up, and for DIL to work from home so she could get extra rest. Hoping to go in to see them tomorrow after work. So very grateful!

amartin24
February 13th, 2017, 10:42 AM
Awesome story! Congratulations! Love the names.

klgls
February 13th, 2017, 11:02 AM
Congratulations and happy to hear they are doing well.

traildancer
February 13th, 2017, 02:31 PM
Oh, how exciting!

peggiep
February 14th, 2017, 08:57 AM
Congratulations! What a wonderful gift from God. Blessings to all!