PDA

View Full Version : Suddenly it's Saturday

mischiefkat
February 11th, 2017, 11:19 AM
Good Morning All,
It's Saturday again all ready where does the time go. Valentine's Day in a few days too. I was tired last night ..... a weeks worth of not sleeping well caught up with me. Today I have a hair cut, then need to go to J's. Was hoping to stop at a couple of community garage sales but I don't think that will happen. At least all I have to cook tonight is a couple of burgers. So I can continue to sort the bag of scraps I found on my steps the other day... no meal prep. Everybody have a good day. Hope those who were snowed on are doing ok. Hugs & prayers to all who need them. Special prayers for Miss Olive. Kathy

Bubby
February 11th, 2017, 12:52 PM
Morning Everyone,

We are having warmer weather today.

Olive had a sick night and refuses all food today, though she is drinking plenty of water. Jeff is off and he is helping me with her care. Dottie's worry about her has increased. Dogs know things about themselves and each other.

I have no desire to sew or do much of anything other than to hold Olive. Wishing everyone a good weekend. Hugs....

EnumclawGramma
February 11th, 2017, 12:58 PM
Good Morning. Woke up to blue skies and the snow is all gone. We went to my Son's art show last night, had a good time. It's always nice to see his friends, and to watch the response from strangers looking at his art work.

Not sure what today will bring. Hoping to get some done on my sensory quilt. We'll see....

Thinking of you and Jeff today Barb. Hugs for you sweet friend.....

Navy Wife
February 11th, 2017, 02:10 PM
Nothing is more important than holding Olive close today, Barb. Enjoy your time with her and make memories for later. My prayers are with you all.

JCY
February 11th, 2017, 02:44 PM
Good morning!

The sun is shining. Hopefully it will not be as hot as yest. We had a record breaker. It got up to 85 deg. at our house! I turned back the thermostat & opened up the windows. We've had some very high winds lately, with gusts almost hurricane strength. It's worse the closer one gets to the foothills. There was a grass fire W. of town yest., probably caused by downed power lines. At least 125 homes had to be evacuated. Quite a few places out that way have horses & other animals, which all had to be evac'd. Fortunately no homes were destroyed, but 13 outbuildings were.

I did FMQ for maybe 2 hrs. yest. Almost done with this baby quilt, then I had more problems with my Tiara. I cleaned things again, oiled it, etc. Now the bottom thread won't pick up. Not sure what's up with that. I haven't had a chance yet today to call the repairman. Hopefully it will be something he can walk me through on the phone. It's frustrating.

I'm baking DH's spelt bread today. The first loaf just came out of the oven; the 2nd is almost finished in the bread maker (dough cycle). The house smells yummy.

I washed 2 baby quilts yest.; they're spread out on the floor drying. I still have labels to make for some of these quilts & need to hand sew them on. I think that's my least favorite part of the whole quilt process.

The time went off. Time to knead the bread. I hope everyone has a good day. Thinking of you, Barb, as you cherish your darling Olive. Hugs!