PDA

View Full Version : TGIF

mischiefkat
February 10th, 2017, 09:38 AM
Good Morning,
Have been waiting for someone to start the morning post. I guess those that usually start the post are huddling under the covers,reluctant to get outa bed. Can't say I blame them.... all that snow looks beautiful,but COLD. I grew up in N. Ill so I remember cold. Prayers that no one is without power this am. Don't laugh but it is cold here this am too 48. I put some seed out for the birds and peanuts for the squirrel. I'll crack open the back door after a bit and my cat will bird watch.
Someone left half a bag of 2 1/2" flannel squares on my steps yesterday am. Looks like they took several somethings apart. I don't know if there's enough of any one pattern to make anything with.
I have a couple of errands this am, and really need to make a stop at the grocery. Hope everyone stays safe & warm. Hugs & prayers to all. Special prayers for little Olive. Kathy

Granny Judy
February 10th, 2017, 09:47 AM
I was awake at 5 this morning... ?? Not my normal .. no sir I don't like getting up until the sun has warmed up things.

Hoping to get a pot of soup started and some sewing today... we had chilli yesterday because it was so cold around here. Thankfully no loss of power.. just a lot of stuffy noses and sneezes. But feeling better today.

I started taking a one a day multi vitamin and it is helping me perk up and get things done. This winter hasn't been kind to me, so I'll have to learn to fight back with more vitamins and lots of water. I think I used up all my reserves when I had that last birthday. Aging nicely isn't an option. gotta stay on top of what this body is telling me.

Wishing all a good day and prayers going out to all who need them. Esp our little Olive. Hugs.

Bubby
February 10th, 2017, 09:59 AM
Good Morning All..

I have a few loads of laundry to do today. I also need to make a quick run into town to run an errand. Then it will be back home for the whole weekend. Jeff has 3-day weekends this week and next week. I love having him home.

Olive seems to be feeling a little lethargic and she is now refusing her meds. I have tried wrapping them inside turkey, roast beef, peanut butter, Oreo centers, cheese and ice cream and she turns her little nose up and clamps her mouth shut. Ham (or any pork) is not an option for Scotties, as it causes internal hemorrhaging. She also won't touch yogurt or cottage cheese lately. Like us, I guess she burns out on certain foods. She also will not touch those Pill Pocket things. Any suggestions?

I hope everyone in the path of the winter blizzard is safe and warm. My sympathy and prayers are with you. It's usually us getting that kind of weather but for some reason we are being spared this one.

Have a good Friday and be sure to watch Jenny's new tutorial....really cute and simple.

Cathy F
February 10th, 2017, 10:10 AM
Morning all,
We are still snowed in this morning. No sense clearing the driveway yesterday as the snow didn't let up till late afternoon. We have at least 12", and schools here are closed again today. Yesterday most everything was closed and only emergency vehicles were allowed on the road. The sun is breaking through this morning but temps are low so not much is melting.

Feeling a bit better today, have a head cold and a very sore throat. When we can get on the road I'll stop at the pharmacy, a friend told me to try the zinc lozenges.

No sewing yesterday although I had good intentions to do so but stayed in my pj's and slept most of the day, something I rarely do.
Got part of my M* order this week the Olives garden layer cake. Yardage should be following soon. It is so pretty!

Saw the tender hearts tutorial this morning and I really like it, very versatile. May do a small runner.

Off to see if the muffins(orange cranberry yum) are done and start the coffee. One of hubby's favorites. Figured he's got a long morning snowblowing so something for him to look forward to!

Monique
February 10th, 2017, 10:13 AM
Thanks for starting off this morning. Yes I was lazy this morning.

We had a big day yesterday. Les and I set off to the city. My Singer is now at the Dr's getting a good cleaning. The lady said it wasn't the transducer, she thought maybe just from not having been used for a while. It sews but it is choppy. She did it was worth fixing. I am glad for that as I bought embroidery cartridges off ebay for that machine. They should arrive any day now. Then it was off to Fabricland to get some interfacing for the memory quilt and I bought fleece to make Doug a new bathrobe. Fleece was on sale. We met our friend Lynda for lunch and then it was off to a few thrift stores. I bought two flannel sheets for a total of $14. One had dogs on it, the other was a beautiful lavender with little flowers. They will make great backs for quilts. And then it was off to an RV show. Holy moly they were beautiful but expensive. No way we can afford any of those babies. I thought if we sold the house and bought one, we could just live in there. As long as there was room for a sewing machine I would be happy. LOL!!

Today we have sunshine, cold out but sunny. I may start that memory quilt or at least have some sort of pattern in mind. All the shirts have some kind of print to it. I may post later and get some opinions on patterns.

Well, have yourselves a wonderful day and an awesome weekend.

CraftyJnet
February 10th, 2017, 10:39 AM
I've been up and down since midnight. On the positive side, I've almost finished another bunny for my Festive Forest quilt. Hopefully I'll be able to get some more sleep after DH goes to work. I hope everyone stays warm and dry today and I hope you each do something fun!

Hulamoon
February 10th, 2017, 10:50 AM
Barb have you ever tried canned cat food? Whenever I've had dogs they just seem to love that stinky stuff.

I'm taking pictures of fabric today for the don't want it group. Then going to throw a Spaghetti Squash in the crockpot, haven't tried that before. Later when it's warmer I want to saw some small saplings down before I have to hire someone.

Have a good day!

Lyndaj
February 10th, 2017, 11:12 AM
Its a lovely sunny morning here. Wish I felt sunny.

Barb, one thing we do with our Java is to wrap up the pill inside a bread ball. He LOVES bread and can't resist. Another thing I wanted to share with you and other dog folks on the forum is using canned pumpkin (just plain pumpkin, not pumpkie pie mix) for any sort of digestive upset. Works like a charm and my boys have never been able to resist.

As for me, I'll be living on the couch today. You see, I had a cortisone shot in my problematic knee yesterday morning.Fun, wow! While it seems to have worked and the pain has subsided, where the needle went in is crabby, and I kind of feel like I've been run over.

I posted a while back about whether I should make a quilt for my MIL who is sick again with cancer. I have started and cut and sewed the hexagons for the one block wonder quilt, I'm just having no motivation to design the quilt and sew the top together. My MIL is feeling like this is the end and I'm having a very hard time getting motivated.

I hope everyone has a great weekend.

cashs_mom
February 10th, 2017, 11:21 AM
Good morning, everyone. I never seem to get to the forums until afternoon so I'm trying to correct this and do better. I'm not going to work today. I had a bad night, not sleeping well. I'm going to be doing more yoga and hoping for the best. Since I just decided I'm not going in today, I haven't decided what I am going to do yet.

Have a blessed day everyone.

Lacey
February 10th, 2017, 12:10 PM
Good morning! I am at the end of a cold and starting to get some energy so I plan to work on my Farm Girl Quilt block today. I need to catch up on my blocks. I am starting the canned jar block and I finally decided on fabrics for each jar. It will feel good getting back to my machine. Have a good day to everyone!

Doloris
February 10th, 2017, 12:16 PM
Good Morning All..

Olive seems to be feeling a little lethargic and she is now refusing her meds. I have tried wrapping them inside turkey, roast beef, peanut butter, Oreo centers, cheese and ice cream and she turns her little nose up and clamps her mouth shut. Ham (or any pork) is not an option for Scotties, as it causes internal hemorrhaging. She also won't touch yogurt or cottage cheese lately. Like us, I guess she burns out on certain foods. She also will not touch those Pill Pocket things. Any suggestions?

I find that I have to toss the pill as far back in my dogs mouth as I can get it, hold their mouth closed and blow gently in their nose when they are stubborn. Blowing in their nose makes them swallow. Just make sure you get it back there and clamp the mouth shut right away, or they will work the pill to the front, and then spit it out when you let go. LOL