PDA

View Full Version : Thursday's hellos

Monique
February 9th, 2017, 09:56 AM
Good morning friends. I looked at the date today and I am reminded of a few things. On this day in 1996, I was in a car accident on my way to work. My life would change drastically. I had to be extricated from my vehicle and spent the whole month in hospital. My right knee was badly broken, the worst place to have a break is in the joint. I can recall that day as if it was yesterday. My right leg has never been the same, can't bend it all the way, can't kneel and can't walk too far. It could have been much worse, I maybe not have been here today. It has only slowed me down a little. I learned to accept what was dealt to me. Today also would have been my Father-in-law's birthday. Close to this time in 2006 I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer. The one 'bright' spot in all of this, almost 30 years ago, I gave birth to a baby boy, Feb 23 to be exact.

Today I am off to the Ottawa to bring in my sewing machine and go to Fabricland for some interfacing that I need for the memory quilt. I may find a thrift store or two while I am there. I am hoping that they can fix my machine while I am in town, probably not, but would be nice. Hubby may or may not come with me today. I would rather he stay home but heck if he wants to come what can I say.

Yesterday I had a dentist appointment, no cavities and I was such a good girl about flossing and such I got a new toothbrush. Before my appointment we stopped at the home where MIL is and I put her quilt on her bed. She really liked it and when she saw the back she pointed out I forgot the "E" in Pool (her maiden name). In the afternoon I was at our little library downloading my shows. My internet is really slow for that and I didn't want to waste all of my bytes either. hahaha

Have a great day friends.

Iris Girl
February 9th, 2017, 10:01 AM
Monique the important thing is that you are HERE to remember all those things! ((HUGS))
Today we have snow, Snbow and more SNOW. Son called out work of course and so did I. Boss was just getting ready to call me when I called him. We have 8.5 now with and expected 10 to 14 total. Have meatballls made incase of power failure so we can have meatball heros. Thank goodness I have a gas stove so we can still cook if that happens. Have a safe day all.

Bubby
February 9th, 2017, 10:15 AM
Morning Everyone,

Monqiue, I'm so glad you are with us and thriving and loving life.

I suspect today will be a slow day of hanging out with Olive while she feels puny. She wants to sleep in the living room on the chaise (her fort) so I will hang out nearby so I can hear her. Dottie won't leave her side and she lays under the chaise so she can be close to her.

I have no news today other than what's going on with Olive. I may be able to spend some time in the sewing room today.

We saw the storms headed for the east. Please everyone affected stay home if possible and be safe. Let us know how you're doing.

Huggers.....Barb

songbird857
February 9th, 2017, 10:19 AM
Morning all!

Smiles and hugs to everyone... expecting 12 - 18 inches of snow here today; a good day to sew ;)

Sandy Navas
February 9th, 2017, 10:25 AM
Sending hugs to all - especially Monique today. It's also the anniversary of my Dad's birth, my sister-in-law's birthday, and I just learned that an aunt has passed away. What a February!!

Be safe in all the weather!!

Cathy F
February 9th, 2017, 10:29 AM
Morning all,
The snow and winds have started, it looks like a cross between rain and snow! I'm snugged in for the day and might actually get up in my sewing room today.
I have what I think is the start of a sinus infection, and a sore throat, not a happy camper but I have to remind myself this to shall pass.
Off to get a cup of coffee, for those in the path of this storm stay safe.

seaturtle
February 9th, 2017, 10:34 AM
Just popping in this morning to give hugs to all who needs them.

Monique, we're so glad you are here today and have battled through so much. Hope you have a great day today.
Barb, hope little Olive has a restful day and you get some sewing done.
Cathy, hope you feel better soon.

Ginny B
February 9th, 2017, 11:57 AM
Good morning all. Snow Day! Got a text from my boss at 10:30 last night that the agency would be closed today! Woo hoo. Not that I was planning to go in anyway but now I won't need to use a vacation day.

Monique, hugs to you today. Barb,. I hope little Olive feels better. Cathy, feel better.

I think I will work on UFO's today and maybe start a set of blocks for a friend's baby girl. I'll embroider a few Disney princesses on them.

Be safe everyone.

JCY
February 9th, 2017, 12:30 PM
Good Morning ~

Partly cloudy. It was a balmy 40 deg. this a.m. It's supposed to get up to 70! My son, who lives in MD, said they had 70 deg. there yest., & now are expecting the snow today. It looks like it mostly will go N. to NYC & Boston.

I stopped at my LQS yest. Found some orphan FQs for $1.00 ea. Bought the last on the bolt of 2 fabrics that were 50% off. I took in my D9P for show & tell. Also talked to the owner about problems I'm having with the thread shredding on my Tiara. I changed out the needle (even though the other one was new); she mentioned sometimes the needle can have a barb in the eye. Also the eye of the needle must be positioned dead on front to back. I think maybe it had been just off center just a bit. I did some practice FMQ for a while. I think things are working ok now. I need to clip the threads on the back of the latest quilt top, press it, & make some markings in the 6.5" squares. Hopefully I'll get that done today & get it sandwiched & basted.

The laundry is in the dryer & it's time for breakfast. Those of you in the N.E., stay safe & warm.

auntiemern
February 9th, 2017, 01:24 PM
I truly believe all things (even bad things) happen for a reason. That being said, I am so glad you are still here with us Monique, or I would have never met you, and become friends...even if we have never met face to face. That is the great thing about this forum. I have met some of the greatest friends a gal could ask for on here. Many I have met in person, and many I have not....but they are still friends, and I know I can count on them for a prayer, or kind word when I need one...

Simply Quilting
February 9th, 2017, 04:04 PM
Good afternoon! I am doing the same thing that I got to do all day yesterday - hold a sweet little boy who is sadly not feeling well. He is very much a mama's boy when he doesn't feel well. I did get a small break yesterday when he let his daddy hold him right after his bath and for five minutes before daddy had to go to work. Otherwise, I was basically sitting in a chair holding him. Which I am so grateful to be able to sit and just hold him when he doesn't feel good. Someday I won't be there when he is ill - a long, long, long time from now.

I found out yesterday that we have a new store opening in town. One of the items that they are going to carry is fabric. So I will be stopping by there sometime to see what they have. In the last year, we have had several new stores open in town which is great to see, I just hope that the places are able to stay in business. That seems to be the hardest part in this town is stores staying open. One clothing store that carries really cute clothes only has clothes in sizes S, M, and L which leaves out a lot of us who would like to shop there.

Today is cold but tomorrow is suppose to be in the 60s. I am hoping that everyone gets well so that we can go to the park tomorrow afternoon with friends.

Have a great day everyone :)