PDA

View Full Version : Update On Olive

Bubby
February 9th, 2017, 09:32 AM
Little Olive had her second chemo treatment yesterday. Her vet wanted her to spend the day with him so he could observe her and he also wanted to talk to her doctors at the hospital in Columbia that diagnosed the lymphoma.

According to Dr Tom, some of Olive's lymph nodes are smaller and softer (a good thing) and her heart and lungs sound good but her breathing is a little raspy. She has an ongoing UTI that's complicated by cells being shed from the tumor in her urethra. She feels sick this morning and has refused water and food so far. I offered her a Frito (her favorite food on the planet) and she wouldn't touch it. So her antibiotics have been changed and she will resume taking a low dose of Prednisone. Next treatment is in 3 weeks unless we decide to discontinue treatment.

We are loving her and spoiling her every way we know how. Jeff is beginning to come around a wee bit about her prognosis but he wouldn't talk to Dr Tom yesterday. Your continued prayers for all of us are appreciated.

Hulamoon
February 9th, 2017, 09:44 AM
((hugs)) Try a bowl of ice instead of water, that could get a little water in her.

MRoy
February 9th, 2017, 09:55 AM
Thinking of you all. (((HUGS)))

shermur
February 9th, 2017, 09:57 AM
Barb....continued prayers for Olive. Keep us updated, sweetie and call if you need to. I'll be at guild today....

Iris Girl
February 9th, 2017, 10:03 AM
Barb continuing to think of all of you and offer you hugs and well wishes.

Monique
February 9th, 2017, 10:17 AM
Will do...................

Sandy Navas
February 9th, 2017, 10:21 AM
Thanks so much for the update. I know how much this weighs on you and Jeff. Prayers continue.

asta
February 9th, 2017, 10:35 AM
continued prayers for your family. Thanks so much for the update, I have been thinking of Olive often.

seaturtle
February 9th, 2017, 10:36 AM
Continued prayers for all.

pcbatiks
February 9th, 2017, 11:23 AM
Thank you for the update, Barb. I think of Olive often.

quiltingaway
February 9th, 2017, 12:18 PM
Thanks for the post on Olive. There is not much I can say but offer prayers and wanted you to know I have been thinking about her.

auntiemern
February 9th, 2017, 01:03 PM
Prayers continue for all of you. You, Jeff, Olive, and Dottie....she has to sense something also. I am sure it has affected her mood as well.

sewbizzy
February 9th, 2017, 01:34 PM
Thanks for the update...sending prayers...

Simply Quilting
February 9th, 2017, 03:29 PM
Continuing to pray.

Star lover
February 9th, 2017, 03:35 PM
My heart aches for you. Been trying to think of a way to say how sad I am for you and your family. We had a beloved fur baby, oh wow it was about 12 years ago - time flys. Our sweet Sandy had to be put to sleep. Hardest decision of our lives. She had a dogs version of Alzheimer's and couldn't stand for you to touch her, but still didn't want to be alone. If that was all, we wouldn't have done it. When we left the house she spent the entire time banging her head against a wall, door, whatever. She would be covered with her own saliva when we returned. I was working full time then and the vet said there was nothing to be done for her. So . . . As I said, my heart aches. They are such sweet members of the family. Never asking for much, just love. You all will be in my prayers.

songbird857
February 9th, 2017, 03:48 PM
Hugs and prayers :)

Lacey
February 9th, 2017, 04:01 PM
I will continue to pray for Olive.

cashs mom
February 9th, 2017, 04:03 PM
Sending more prayers for all of you.

The pred may help her appetite and some chicken or beef broth may help her to eat and also get fluids in her. I've had good luck with older dogs who don't want to eat by giving them baby food. Ham seems to be a favorite and the baby food is easy to digest. Best of luck and keep us posted on little Olive.

Bubby
February 9th, 2017, 04:49 PM
Thank you all for your prayers and tips to help me take care of Olive. She has been sleeping most of the day but she may perk up when Jeff gets home.

sew-what2015
February 9th, 2017, 06:09 PM
I look every day for updates on her condition. She is in my thoughts and prayers and so are you and Jeff.

EnumclawGramma
February 9th, 2017, 06:43 PM
Barb I'm so sorry you guys are going through this. These fur babies, it's just so hard.....I'm thinking about you. Thank you for keeping us updated.

cv quilter
February 9th, 2017, 07:59 PM
Barb, I think about you and Jeff and Olive, often. I hope that Olive will respond to treatment and begin eating and drinking. Our little Cavalier is beginning to walk away from her bowl of food, but so far is eager to have a little treat that we offer her.. Watching and waiting is so hard.

LizTheScot
February 9th, 2017, 09:34 PM
I have a cat with GI cancer and give her liquid chemo plus predisolone at home. When her appetite is poor (either because she is vomiting with the cancer or because of the meds) my vet said to give her half a cerenia pill. It's a prescription pill for dogs that helps with nausea, and is usually used to help with motion sickness. I've found that she usually has some interest in food again within 24 hours of the cerenia. It might be worth asking your vet if this is worth trying with Olive. Good luck. It's always hard when our critters won't eat.

Mpyles
February 9th, 2017, 10:52 PM
Aww, prayers for pup and family.

Navy Wife
February 10th, 2017, 11:26 AM
Thinking of you and praying. It's so hard when they can't tell you what they want or need!

JaniceR
February 10th, 2017, 11:39 AM
So sorry that you all are going though this. I know that it's so sad and very very difficult. I will continue to keep all of you in my prayers and hope that Olive will be as comfortable as she can be. She is blessed to have such loving owners and I know you all feel blessed to have her and all the joy she has brought you!

GrammaBabs
February 10th, 2017, 12:08 PM
Prayers and hugs of support for you both,,,, this is so difficult... my hubs has a really hard time with this sort of thing...
RIP........Bootch, Willy, OOgie and Yoda..their memories linger and make us smile:) Love, B

dwil23
February 10th, 2017, 06:06 PM
Thanks for the update. I have been wondering how she was doing, and you all as well. We went through chemo with my daughter's dog four years ago and it was so hard. It was during that time I found Jenni's tutorials on youtube that led me to this website. Will keep all of you in my prayers.

(((HUGS)))

WendyI
February 10th, 2017, 06:12 PM
Thinking of you both and wee Olive as well. Hoping all goes well and she has a good outcome. xox