PDA

View Full Version : Popping in to say HI!

WendyI
February 8th, 2017, 04:18 PM
Hi Everyone...

I'm sooo sorry I've been absent but I'm sorry to say it will probably be a bit longer. Life is incredibly crazy!!

Work is extremely busy and now I have picked up a part time job AND I am taking two university courses which is just a stupid thing to do on top of everything else! LOL! But I am persevering!

AND today, for the first time in 20 years....I am going on a first date! So that's a huge step for me! Wish me luck!

I just wanted to say thank you so much for all the support you all have given me over the last two years. While I'm not completely over the hump, but I am definitely on the way. So while life is busy, I am doing much better.

I think of you all often (and worry too!) so I sure hope everyone is well. Sending love and hugs to everyone as usual. Miss you all!! xoxo

Big shout out to any new members....you have come to an absolutely amazing place with some of the kindest people on the interwebs!! Hopefully when life slows down I'll be able to get to know all of you again and catch up with everyone.

Wendy :-)

amartin24
February 8th, 2017, 04:48 PM
Good to see you stop by Wendy! Glad to hear the excitement of life in your voice! Best of luck on your date!

Cathy F
February 8th, 2017, 04:53 PM
Hi Wendy,
Glad to hear from you. Be sure to pop in every now and then to say hello!

Caroline T.
February 8th, 2017, 04:56 PM
You've been missed around here, and I'm so happy for you. Getting back into the "dating scene" (God don't you hate that phrase?) is scary and thrilling at the same time. Wishing you a happy date!

Mom23
February 8th, 2017, 05:08 PM
Good to hear from you Wendy. I hope your first date goes well. I don't know how you have time to date!!! My goodness girl, you are busy.

SallyO'Sews
February 8th, 2017, 05:39 PM
Big old quilty hug to you and Liam, Wendy! Thanks for checking in - we think of you often and send lots of love.

Hulamoon
February 8th, 2017, 05:44 PM
:icon_wave: Wow, a date. The only dates I have are watching The Bachelor. lol Have fun!

Navy Wife
February 8th, 2017, 05:56 PM
So good to hear from you. And I'm glad life is busy and exciting. Keep us up to date as you have time.

CraftyJnet
February 8th, 2017, 05:58 PM
Wow, Wendy, you sure are busy! And it is nice to hear the happiness in your post. Drop in from time to time, ok?

GuitarGramma
February 8th, 2017, 06:02 PM
So glad to see your smiling face here! And tomorow, WE WANT DETAILS!!!

Love you!

EnumclawGramma
February 8th, 2017, 06:26 PM
Wow Wendy! You're really doing it! All of it! Yay!!!! Have fun tonight! So good to read you and know you're doing better! Take care of YOU!

Bubby
February 8th, 2017, 06:28 PM
I remember my first date after more years than I care to count. Best advice, just be yourself and smile your beautiful smile.

songbird857
February 8th, 2017, 06:42 PM
Nice to see you, Wendy!! You really are busy :)
Have fun on your date :)

Nidan_07
February 8th, 2017, 08:39 PM
So good to hear from you. Best of luck with the date. I hope it all goes well for you.
Busy is good, but don't run yourself into the ground. Hope that DS is doing well, too.

JCY
February 8th, 2017, 08:42 PM
Wendy, I was just thinking about your yesterday & wondering how you were. Glad you popped in to give us an update. I wish you well.

Ginny B
February 8th, 2017, 11:16 PM
So glad you stopped by to let us know how you are doing. Have a nice time tonight.

Kgrammiecaz
February 8th, 2017, 11:33 PM
Totally miss you here. But how wonderful to read your positive upbeat post. Things sound great, good for you. And a date. Awesome. Have fun, relax and enjoy. Let us know how things go. Hope Liam is doing great as well.

Anna Leigh
February 9th, 2017, 12:15 AM
I was trying to read this post unsuccessfully during class....Awe, that is so awesome! Best of wishes on your date!

jjkaiser
February 9th, 2017, 12:38 AM
How do you cram all that stuff into your life all at once? You must really be Wonder Woman! It sounds like you are enjoying the chaos though. Glad you gave us an update, we will all be waiting to hear about your big date!

ilive2craft2
February 9th, 2017, 12:49 AM
Good to see you! Sounds like you are busy, busy, busy, but you are handling all of it just great! Glad to hear from you! Hope the date went well, but if not, there are many more fish in the sea.....you are worth a good catch - don't settle.

Judy, USMC
February 9th, 2017, 04:02 AM
Wow - sounds like you are on top of the world now. Have fun on the date - and let us know how Liam has grown and what he's up to.

Carol336
February 9th, 2017, 09:46 AM
Hi Wendy - it's so nice to see you again, we miss you around here. I think of you often and wonder how you and Liam are making out. Hope the date went well.....please give us an update on that!!!!

Monique
February 9th, 2017, 10:20 AM
It is so good to hear from you. Good luck on your 'first date'. You will have to tell us all about it! I think I am going to be in your area again this summer. We will have to arrange a visit then.

seaturtle
February 9th, 2017, 10:37 AM
Good to see you again! Have a great first date and be sure and stop by to let us know how you are doing!

auntiemern
February 9th, 2017, 01:27 PM
Good to hear from you....I do worry about you. Good luck on your date. Just relax and have a good time.

kaydee
February 9th, 2017, 01:44 PM
Good to hear from you. Have fun on your date!

WendyI
February 10th, 2017, 06:10 PM
I Love you guys so much!!! Thanks for all the kind words...I miss you guys a lot! xoxox

The date ....was a tad disappointing. He was very, very sweet. but Oh My Goodness.....soooooo borrrring!!! LOL! I struggled to stay awake and not yawn. So I don't know where it will go now. I joined another site (how else do you meet people?!!?) and the only men messaging me are scammers and American men! I life in Canada for crying out loud! WHY would I want to date someone from another country and how exactly would that work!? It's really frustrating dating online....soooo many strange people wanted exceptionally strange things! So I don't know how much longer I will do this for. Today I have been asked by a 36 year old to rent a hotel room with him!!! I'm FIFTY!! What the heck!? It's CRAZY!!

Liam is doing amazing and keeping up in school. I bought him down hill skis for xmas so of course there has been next to NO SNOW here. He's been skiing once....so that's been a bit frustrating. Otherwise, all is well. A bit too addicted to the video tech...so going to work on that for the next while.

Thanks again for messaging back. Hoping everyone is well!! (((HUGE HUGS)))) to you all!! xoxox

Caroline T.
February 10th, 2017, 07:39 PM
Sorry to hear your date was disappointing, but remember the old saying "You gotta kiss a lot of frogs before you find Prince Charming".

So, one frog down! A few more to go..... hang in there, he's out there somewhere, and I know you two will find each other when the time is right.

amartin24
February 10th, 2017, 10:24 PM
Sorry date was disappointing. At least he was really nice! Imagine if he had been a creep - now that would've been scary! Yes, one frog down.........