PDA

View Full Version : TUESDAY!!

Monique
January 3rd, 2012, 10:53 AM
God morning everyone.

IT IS COLD HERE!!!!!!!! It will be a good day to stay in and quilt.

I will continue quilting the baby quilt I made for my DIL's silent auction at the bridal show this weekend coming. I will be headed to Kingston, Ont. to help her out. All proceeds go to breast cancer.

Other than that, I do not have an exciting day ahead of me. I do have a supper meeting tonight.

Stay warm and safe wherever you are, my friends.

ginampls
January 3rd, 2012, 10:58 AM
Cold here too. 4 below Zero windchills burr. DD is off to school. putting up decor. today...what a chore...

might try to get in some sewing today...my mom mayhave other plans for me...

meemeecyn
January 3rd, 2012, 11:05 AM
Good morning, Everyone and Happy New Year. Monique, what a nice thing to do for the auction. And the quilt will give some little baby comfort, too.

I am in shock this morning. Just received word from a nursing school friend that her son was murdered. Her husband of 40+ Years was killed in a bike accident in June. I can't even imagine how awful this must be for her. I feel so helpless but at least I can pray for her and her family.

Thank you for letting me share my burden. It seems so unbelievable.
Take care, all my quilting friends.
Cynthia

cyndiofthevortex
January 3rd, 2012, 12:00 PM
H everyone,

I will start with the most important first. Cynthia, I'm so sorry to hear about the family tragedy that you wrote about. I know we all will pray for the family to find comfort during this horrible time.

Monique, I wish you'd keep the cold up there in Quebec where it belongs and stop sending it down here to New Hampshire! We don't want it and my fuel bill certainly doesn't need it.

I usually get to stay home and sew, clean, homeschool DS#5 (last one of seven!) and generally enjoy the warmth of my little house, but today I have to go out in the freezing cold for a doctor's appointment. Drat. Figures I have to go out on the coldest day so far of the winter. I hope I don't use up too much gas warming up the car! I am a big baby when it comes to the cold.

Have a good first Tuesday of the year, my friends!

Cyndi

Sandy Navas
January 3rd, 2012, 12:12 PM
GOOD MORNING, to all of my quilty friends!!!

Bad way to start the week. There is always some way to test our faith and courage, isn't there? Cynthia, I'm asking for comfort for your friend in this time of grief. What a horrible thing to have to face. Prayers for her and the family.

To everyone who is putting up with cold weather, just add another layer! I have been running around in shorts for the past several days and Al is layered with long-john's, sweats, sweaters, hats, and scarves. He's the sissy in the family. I do remember fondly the years when we first were married that he was always setting the thermostat lower and lower and I was the one running around with the extra layers of clothing. It is really funny to see the switch.

I did some quilting on DGD#3's quilt yesterday. I'll be so pleased to have it finished. I should be able to get the rest of the quilting done today and add the binding. I would have taken it to the LAQ and played with my Sis but I have button eyes on the cats and it just won't work that way. Poor planning.

Off to see what I can accomplish today. Wish me luck!!

Sending prayers for those in need and warm hugs to everyone!!

stitching woman
January 3rd, 2012, 12:23 PM
Good Morning friends hope your day is off to a great start!

Cynthia, I am so sorry to hear of this tragedy prayer for you and your friends family.

Just got back from getting a hair cut so now to try and finds a project I want to work on. Happy Quilting to all of you.

bakermom
January 3rd, 2012, 01:52 PM
It's cold and snowy here. i'm thinking it's a sign I should spend the day sewing or knitting.

Cynthia, i'm sorry to hear about your friend's loss.

KiltedQuilter
January 3rd, 2012, 02:08 PM
Terrible weather here(gale force winds and lots of rain) but luckily we are all safe and sound. My brother's 4X4 got hit by a BIG lump of brick from a building and it's got a dented bonnet and chipped windscreen now. SO glad he wasn't in it!

Not a good way for your friend to start 2012 Cynthia. Sometimes I wonder what the world is coming to, I really do.

janluna
January 3rd, 2012, 02:17 PM
Cynthia, I will pray for your friend and her family. I'm so sorry she has to have this terrible tragedy in her life. I wish I knew why we suffer these horrible things in our lives. We will know someday. Meanwhile we pray. Hugs, Jan L.

LynneLeavell
January 3rd, 2012, 02:18 PM
Cynthia - Sorry to hear about the tragedy. Thoughts and prayers go out.

It is cold here as well. The high today in Georgia is 38. I wish I could stay home and sew today. We were closed all last week so I guess I needed to get back to work to finish the year end stuff so I can get started on 2012.

I hope everyon stays warm and dry where ever you are.

toggpine
January 3rd, 2012, 03:12 PM
Good Morning!

Cynthia, I am so sorry to hear the news about your friend's family. That kind of tragedy is always hard to hear.

I have my house back today! I am trying to get the last of the holiday stuff put away. I am leaving on Thursday for a long weekend at the beach with the girls. Granted, the beach will not be a tropical warm and sunny one, but it isn't home either! So I have to get the house in order and get my stuff packed up too. I am looking forward to a few days of just kicking back and visiting with the ladies.

Until then, I have a lot of stuff to do!

Catch you all later! Cathy

quiltingtrish
January 3rd, 2012, 05:41 PM
Cynthia - so, so sorry to hear of your friend's tragedy in her family.
First day back to school today - generally the kiddos were pretty good for having a week off. It is good to get back into a routine.
Not much else to say here - so I'll keep up on what everyone else is doing.

Hugs,

Sharon G
January 4th, 2012, 01:25 AM
Oh Cynthia, this is just one of those tragedies that shouldn't be. So sorry for the heartache caused to your dear friend and her family.

Already January 4, 2012 and we have just sweltered for four days of 35-40C (95F-104F) degree heat.
A much cooler day today at around 28C (82F) I have a feeling there is much more 'warm' weather to come this summer.

Having a quiet day with the kids and GD's who are still here with us. Swimming and riding bikes etc. The fun all ends on Friday when they depart for home. The house will be soooo quiet and DH and I won't know what to do with ourselves.

Have a great day everyone. Stay warm (or cool) and safe. :icon_bigsmile:

Granny Judy
January 4th, 2012, 02:29 AM
Prayers for Cynthia's friend.. It's so sad to loose those we love.

Still not up to getting the holiday stuff packed away..the tree is just so pretty and cheerful on these dreary sunless Winter days. I might just leave it up a bit longer.. would Valentine's Day be too long?

DD#2 has her knee surgery tomorrow around noon.. should be out and home by 8 or 9 p.m. They don't keep people in the hospital anymore. And the incisions are just "holes" so recovery time is minimal. No one seems to talk about the pain and how to control it...so DD made it a POINT and has everything set up. Since I'm a retired Nurse, I know the steps to recovery and have got her little "nest" ready. Crutches, Ice packs, pain pills, snacks and laptop are just within reach and waiting for the "patient".

Still working on a twin size quilt.. am doing free-motion quilting with my home machine..It sure does double duty around here. I'm not all that great with patterns, so it's the stippling pattern for ME. I tried a couple blocks with stars and hearts.. not something to show off or brag about. But you can tell what they are!!

And the weather has been a bit dreary and cold (hate the winds). That should be clearing up and we'll be getting back into the mid to upper 40's .. It's been a pretty mild Winter for Central Illinois..
Hugs and warm thoughts going out to all the quilty folk who drop in and visit.