PDA

View Full Version : IT'S SATURDAY AGAIN....

Bubby
February 4th, 2017, 11:22 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Jeff just left for Cuba to buy and install a new range. I wasn't able to go because Olive isn't well enough to travel today.

I have been working on a few little exploding blocks. This little quilt is going to be busy-busy, but I love the fabrics. I had some charms I wanted to use that have been in the drawer for far too long.

It's really cold and windy today. Dot & Olive aren't interested at all in staying outside this morning,

Have an enjoyable Saturday friends.......

Cathy F
February 4th, 2017, 11:59 AM
Morning all,
The sun is shining today and hopefully it will be a little warmer, at least it feels that way sitting by the sunny window!

Been working on a 1000 piece puzzle that my husband was supposed to be doing. He gave up after the first 50 pieces or so. I am almost done with it. It is frustrating as the autumn trees all blend together with no real identical markings on them but I'm too stubborn to give up.

M* has shipped my Olives Flower fabric can't wait to get it and decide what to do with it. I have a retreat coming up in April so it might be the project I'll take with me.

Not anything special on my agenda today, maybe a little run to the grocery store for a few items.

Barb, please post your exploding blocks when you finish. I loved the look of that tutorial.

JCY
February 4th, 2017, 12:11 PM
Hi, Barb & All ~

After 2 days of clouds, freezing drizzle & icy glaze, we have sunny, clear skies this a.m.! What an uplift in the spirits to see the sun again. The laundry is in the dryer, DH's salads are made for the next 2 days, & I'll be doing more sewing later today. I finally finished the FMQ on the D9P yest. I had a problem with a broken needle on my Tiara--the first one since I bought it. After that, the needle up/down function would not work. I called the repairman; he walked me through how to remedy things. Had to manually turn the wheel & do a few things till it was working smoothly again. Everything seems to be working well now. Whew. I was concerned there for a while. I'm glad that happened before store closing time. Today I'll trim up the edges of the quilt & sew on the binding. Then it will be on to the next finished quilt top, which is a simple 4-P--mostly pink for a baby girl.

I hope everyone has a good week end. Thinking of you, Barb, with your fur baby Olive. I know there are many who are struggling with health issues or have loved ones who are battling cancer, etc. Life is not easy at times, but God's strength is sufficient to see us through these days.

Ginny B
February 4th, 2017, 01:14 PM
Good morning all. Like Cathy, I am enjoying the warm feeling sitting by a sunny window but I did step outside and it is brisk out there.

Not sure what's on the agenda for today. I know we will be making a trip to water my sister's plants and start their car but other than that, nothing else is definite. Although there are definitely many things on our ""to do" list. Right now I am waiting for dh to return from having bloodworm done. The lab is only about 10 minutes from the house and he left at 10:00 for a 10:30 appointment. I had a cup of tea early and thought that would hold me over until he got back and we'd have brunch then. About 10 minutes ago I said, Nope, too hungry. Can't wait. I get cranky when I'm hungry

Have a good day everyone. Keeping all those dealing with difficulties in my thoughts and prayers.

PrettyCurious
February 4th, 2017, 01:22 PM
Good morning!
I am doing an exploding block quilt too!
and I discovered a little trick to make them easier. It's hard to describe, but will be the next post on my blog, once I edit the pictures.

pcbatiks
February 4th, 2017, 01:36 PM
Good morning. I had a fairly busy week. We had two days of book sorting because so many had been donated for the upcoming book sale. Wednesday I went on a "field trip" with 7 other quilty friends. We went to Joann's in Beaumont & then to two quilt shops in Nederland. Had a lot of fun and drooled over lots of fabric.

Yesterday I went to our Friday morning sew time, then out to eat. I also bought a 1/4 inch foot for my machine....hope it fits!

Navy Wife
February 4th, 2017, 01:51 PM
Just finished putting the house in order. Company for lunch, 2 sons and wives, granddaughter and hubby, and great grands, Mary Heath and Andy. I haven't seen Andy and he's already 8 months old. Sons are bringing lunch, so I don't have to do anything.

The sun is finally out after 3 or 4 cloudy days. And it's cold after a few 60 days. But back to warm days and cool nights next week.

I hope Olive is feeling better. She is such a sweetie. My prayers are with those who need them.

toggpine
February 4th, 2017, 03:07 PM
It's icky rainy here today. I should be out in the barn, but mucking out the barn in the rain isn't fun. The girls refuse to go outside and I have to pitch around them. Then the yearlings decide that "tip-the-wheelbarrow" is a fun game. My patience wears out rather quickly.
Therefore, I shall sew today, or possibly work on something else crafty. We have some air-dry clay that we need to use up, so we may make some more gargoyles from our Hands On Art project.

First we will have some smoothies for brunch....

shermur
February 4th, 2017, 08:01 PM
Yes, it's Saturday!

Finished binding on a community quilt for the guild and started binding the second one I picked out. I hope to get the binding completed on both community quilts by next Tuesday....Community Quilt Sew In at the guild.

I believe since we have done nothing but work eat and sleep since the move, we're going to try and get a hockey game in tonight by the local state college team. Halona loves hockey!

peggiep
February 4th, 2017, 11:50 PM
Its a little late to be posting, but just had to pop in to say "hi". Hope everyone had a great Saturday. Hope I can check in Sunday morning.

PrettyCurious
February 5th, 2017, 05:38 PM
I finshed posting my Exploding block trick in my blog.
I usually wait until a quilt is finished to post it, but this ones probably gonna make my head explode, so in the intrest of quilters every where, I felt it was my duty to post it now. https://whatwerks.wordpress.com/2017/02/05/exploding-block-head/