PDA

View Full Version : IT IS A FACT NOW THAT I AM RETIRED!!!!!!

sewmuchjan
January 2nd, 2012, 04:53 PM
Yup as of 12-28-2011 was my last day at work!!!! :icon_woohoo:
So this is the 1st Monday in over 10 years I didn't have to go to work!!!! :D

Now this will take some getting use to, not having my little pay check to use for food and fabric!!!! But I have my SSDI I get once a month so!!!! We will be fine!! Just no more DD's in the middle of the month!!!:( But I have stocked up in Dec., Nov., HEHEHE so I am set for a few months. ;).

Yippee off to not work!!!!! :icon_rofl:

Hugs and prayers for all that need them.
Love
Jan G

:icon_woohoo: Hey Oldgurl pass the Eggnog or??? It is party time!!!!! :lol:

Loonwatcher
January 2nd, 2012, 05:02 PM
Congratulations Jan! I'm jealous! You've got plenty of time for sewing now.

Sandy Navas
January 2nd, 2012, 05:09 PM
WELCOME TO THE BEST LITTLE PLACE IN THE WORLD, JAN!!!!! Retirement is great for us oldies but goodies. It's a shame we couldn't do this when we were in our 20's.

MRoy
January 2nd, 2012, 05:13 PM
Congratulations Jan! Enjoy! Retirement is still a little ways off for me, but it's looking better all the time!

bec
January 2nd, 2012, 05:17 PM
Congratulations Sewmuchjan! Believe me, you are going to looooooooooove it! I never get bored and wonder how I worked and did everything else that needed to be done. Have fun!

K. McEuen
January 2nd, 2012, 05:22 PM
It's a shame we couldn't do this when we were in our 20's.

You could have Sandy, it was just called unemployment then.

Congratz Jan! Enjoy the time, it's all yours now!

quiltingtrish
January 2nd, 2012, 05:24 PM
Congratulations Jan - can't wait to see what project you pick up first!

Hugs,

oldgurl4
January 2nd, 2012, 05:31 PM
REALLY!!!!

Well...

:icon_tup: ~~FELICIDADES~~:icon_tup:

I Agree>>>>>>>>>> Let's CELEBRATE!!! :icon_woohoo:

FORGET THE EGG NOG!

This CALLS for Something More SERIOUS!!

Nowww!!!!!!! what did I do with my....
Butter Milk??

Ooopss! Did I Sayyy That!.....LOL...

JUST KIDDING!!....Geeezzz Noooo Sence of HUMOR!!

"APPLETINI" Time.........

Woooeeeee Eeeeeeee!!!

I'm Sewwwww JeloussssssGREEN

Enjoy Every Sewing Moment Gurl!!

Dang! Where's ~BLONDIE~! SHe's Missing IT!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M&ob=av2e

sewmuchjan
January 2nd, 2012, 05:35 PM
WELCOME TO THE BEST LITTLE PLACE IN THE WORLD, JAN!!!!! Retirement is great for us oldies but goodies. It's a shame we couldn't do this when we were in our 20's.

That 20's thing was called child rearing!!!! At least for me!!!! :D

Thanks everyone now to just sew sew sew oh and clean tooooo!!!!! :) :)

OK I'll take that Appletini, or may be an "OLD FASHION!!!!" HEHEHE HIC! OOPS!!!

BellasQuilts
January 2nd, 2012, 05:39 PM
Congratulations!!!!1

PCook
January 2nd, 2012, 05:42 PM
You'll love it once you figure out how to ration your visits to the quilt shops! I've been retired for a year now and am having a ball. Enjoy your retirement. You earned it!

Mimis-quilts
January 2nd, 2012, 06:21 PM
Congrats Jan! I'm a little envious...minimally I have 13 years before I can retire...can't wait to see what you crank out (sewing)! Have fun!

LonelyGamersWife
January 2nd, 2012, 06:54 PM
Awesome!!! Congrats and I'm sure you'll be busier than you ever were when working - only now it's only on stuff YOU want to do! Don't forget to relax every now and then.

stitching woman
January 2nd, 2012, 07:44 PM
Congrats Jan, you will love retirement.

Monique
January 2nd, 2012, 08:06 PM
WAY TO GO JAN!!! You are starting the New Year on a good foot!!

sewmuchjan
January 2nd, 2012, 08:06 PM
At my retirement party my ExBoss gave me a bottle of WILD TURKEY that stuff is 101 proof!!! :icon_surprised:

Party is here at 8 pm bring your sippin glasses and some snacks and we will have a gay old time!!! :icon_crazy:
And don't worry about driven home we all will just pass out where ever we sit!!!! :icon_shake:

Hehehehe nice gift huh!!! :icon_confused: A sack of $20.00 would have been better!!!! :icon_doh:
Yeah sure :icon_idea: ;)

janluna
January 2nd, 2012, 08:13 PM
Congratulations Jan!!! I'm so happy for you. A lot of my friends tell me that they are more busy now than when they worked!! At least it's doing what they want. I still have 2 years to go. Hugs, Jan L.

Sandy Navas
January 2nd, 2012, 08:31 PM
Sandy's Sipping Cup:

CrazyMtnLady
January 2nd, 2012, 08:46 PM
Congrats... sipping on some merlot for ya!

sewmuchjan
January 2nd, 2012, 08:59 PM
OK Sandy's in for the party!!! :icon_woohoo:

Love your "sipping cup" you get the 1st shot!!! :icon_tup:

Any other takers? :icon_bump:

bakermom
January 2nd, 2012, 09:17 PM
congratulations! (i'll probably be working till I DIE!)

debinmalaga
January 2nd, 2012, 09:23 PM
Congrats, Jan! I'm so happy for you! (And a wee bit jealous, of course!!!)

Bubby
January 2nd, 2012, 09:44 PM
Congratulations!!! I retired three years ago and it took me a while to ease into it. I wouldn't have it any other way....tons of time to sew AND to stop and smell the roses!! Enjoy....Barb

Nena
January 3rd, 2012, 12:24 AM
CONGRATS!!!!!!!! I am sooo jealous!!!!!! Just think of all the quilting that you are going to be doing now!!!!!! My face is full of smiles for you!!!!

Mrs.Sew&Sew
January 3rd, 2012, 12:26 AM
Cangrats to you! Woo Hooo :icon_bigsmile:

phoots
January 3rd, 2012, 01:33 AM
Congratulations, Jan! Enjoy not working. I didn't work for 15 months...not of my choice. I was laid off but I'm working temp now!!!
Pam in Vegas

Genny
January 3rd, 2012, 02:43 AM
I SOOOOOOOOOOOOO look forward to the day I can say...I am retired!!! Hopefully that'll be in the next 2 years...I hope...

Congratulations on your new found freedom!

lilmouse
January 3rd, 2012, 03:43 AM
Congratulations and I can buy you a cup of coffee or some Iced Tea but that is about the extent of my drinking...I 'll toast you with that okay? Enjoy yourself and just take the first few days easy or you will feel like you are at work at home...can't have that now!
Enjoy

paulettepoe
January 3rd, 2012, 04:47 PM
I too did something similar two years ago. Retired, I gave away, threw away, and sold much of the stuff I had. I packed what was left and moved from snowy, cold, northern Michigan to sunny, wonderful, paradise called.....southern Utah. I always said I would retire to sew. Voila....I have. I just want to tell you to enjoy your retirement, stop to smell the roses....and do what you can when you can. Congratulations.

Coffeetime
January 3rd, 2012, 05:53 PM
Congratulations!!! Retirement has been my very best career choice!!! Love it, love it, love it! Welcome!!!

Sharon G
January 4th, 2012, 01:10 AM
Jan, I hope your retirement leaves you with lots and lots of sewing time.
I retired just 6 months ago and don't know how I ever went to work and kept a house and had a social life and, and, and...
As of this coming weekend, when the last of the kids have gone back home after holidays with us, I have vowed to make more time for quilting and me! (OK then, just quilting)
I look forward to seeing what lovely projects you create.

wendyw1
January 4th, 2012, 05:38 AM
Good for you Jan !!

Blondie
January 4th, 2012, 08:35 AM

I am very happy for you Jan! Way to go.