PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Greetings....

Bubby
January 29th, 2017, 10:46 AM
I guess I'll get us started this morning.

We worked at the apartments for several hours yesterday and were worn out by the time we got home. Went to bed early last night and I woke up with a sore throat this morning.

I want to play with some Exploding blocks today at some point. Jenny has a tutorial for this pattern. My GF Kim made her DD a throw size quilt from this pattern that turned out so cute.

Wishing everyone a blessed day....Hugs....

Sandy Navas
January 29th, 2017, 11:09 AM
Hi, Barb! Hope that throat clears up real soon!!

PrettyCurious
January 29th, 2017, 11:12 AM
I hope your throat feels better soon.
I am doing a quilt out of exploding blocks. Almost done with the middle part. I am going to torture myself with a pieced border.

Hulamoon
January 29th, 2017, 11:20 AM
I saw a beautiful double rainbow yesterday. I wanted to look at it longer, but I was getting too wet! Taking pictures today of fabric today for the you can have it group, so look out for that. I finally found a lemon cookie that didn't require cake mix or extract. It came from an old magazine.I'll post it later.

Feel better!

Cathy F
January 29th, 2017, 11:20 AM
Morning all,
Barb, hope your throat feels better quickly. Don't remember that tutorial going to check it out.
Sun is shining today, just finished my coffee and bagel, and reading the paper. Don't have anything special planned for today. Had a nice surprise visit from our daughter yesterday afternoon. She is working on the family genealogy and brought all the info she found with her. It was a very enjoyable afternoon going through it all.
Off to do a few chores, wishing everyone a great day.

shermur
January 29th, 2017, 11:25 AM
Morning....

We're going to visit a different church this morning....this will make the third one since we have moved here. Then, we'll make a decision on where we will attend regularly.
Still trying to organize and slowly unpack the sewing room. Tuesday is Community Quilts process at the guild; I'm not sure if I'll get to go or not. The landlord is supposed to come over and get a couple of things fixed in the rental home. We have asked a specific time, but I haven't received one yet!

Monique
January 29th, 2017, 11:35 AM
Good morning friends. It was a very late night last night. Hubby curled and I was the designated driver. We didn't get home until 2 am this morning but I had had two cups of coffee so I was up until 3:30. I see a nap in my future.

I work tomorrow so I will get organized for that. I am still quilting the one in the frame, seeing the end coming.

Have a great day everyone.

MRoy
January 29th, 2017, 11:45 AM
Good morning! Barb, I hope your throat feels better. I'm having back problems, it flares up unexpectedly from time to time, and usually lasts about a week. Thank goodness for Motrin.

I've got a donation quilt on the frame. It's just squares sewn together with a double border. The fabric has hearts in the design so I'm quilting it with hearts too. We're supposed to get 1"-2" of snow here tonight. If we do, that will be our biggest snow so far this winter. I'm not a snow lover and would be happy if it didn't snow at all.

sew-what2015
January 29th, 2017, 01:34 PM
Good day to all.
I cooked a big meal yesterday and today I will have leftovers. That means I can get to sewing room for most of today. I am hoping to get some rows put together to do a quilt top. I pressed the seams so that the seams don't nest. Now I have to decide if I will work with it as is..UGH!..or re-press...UGH!! UGH!!
Hope everyone has a good day.

Ginny B
January 29th, 2017, 01:59 PM
Good morning all. Slept in until 10:00 today! I was up very late last night working on an embroidery project with my bff in California. There were some hitches but it's done! It's a bunny for Ej"s Easter basket.

Today I'll do a bit of cooking then back to the sewing room. Myrna, hope your back feels better soon and hopefully the sore throat won't hang around too long Barb.

Have a great day all.

JCY
January 29th, 2017, 02:14 PM
Good Sunday Morning ~

I made a few sample exploding blocks when Jenny first posted that tutorial. It was a long time ago.

I skipped church today to stay home with DH. Also they were having a guest speaker & a different format than we usually have.

Yesterday I got the D9P sandwiched & basted. Did some FMQ practice on my sample block, then started the quilting. I got quite a bit done. I'll work on it again this afternoon. We don't see many green quilts, but I think this one will look fine once it's all done.

One of the expectant moms at church is having a girl, so her colors are pink, gray, & rose. I don't have any finished quilts in those colors. I looked through my stash yest. & found fabrics that will work. I probably will do something simple like an Hour Glass or 4-Patch. I haven't finalized the pattern choice yet.

We're enjoying some warmer weather. It got up to 57 yest. & is supposed to be even warmer for 2-3 days. It's a pleasant change from those cold temps. we were having.

Well, I need to work on my Bible Study lesson for Wed. Have a good week end.

wildernessquilter
January 29th, 2017, 02:47 PM
Hi Barb,
Hope the throat clears up soon. I have been sneezing but that will clear up soon.
I need to redo one mitered corner on a quilt a I want to call done and then it will be. I just ordered the daily deal and some to go with it. It is pretending to snow here so I will be in all day. Yippee!
Sue

pcbatiks
January 29th, 2017, 03:52 PM
I'm sitting outside enjoying the sunshine and cool breeze. Checking in on the forum while taking a break from picking up limbs in the yard. We already have pollen showing up on the cars and the azaleas are blooming.

Question for the day....does it count as aerobic exercise if you flip and flop all night long from hot flashes & chills? Just wondering.... :D

Hulamoon
January 29th, 2017, 04:05 PM
lol Pam, yes it does! I went thru that really early. It started right before 40. I gained so much weight that I actually took a home pregnancy test. lol I never went to the doc because I thought it was way to early. Lucky me it's all over!

kkolb
January 29th, 2017, 07:42 PM
Hope you take care Barb, sounds like you might be a bit tired. Some Throat Coat Tea and slippery elm would do the trick.

First time ever we had Huevos Ranchers, eggs poached on a mixture of beans and tomatoes over a corn tortilla with cheese. It was yummy. Cooked a package of Black beans, a recipe from the Pioneer Woman and now had to figure out what to do with them. Next is Black bean burgers.

Working on some burp cloths with a monogram and some onesies with applique, new babies coming. One is a little hula girl, should be cute. Hopefully I will get back to my quilting projects this week, but which one to work on ????

Have a great week everyone!