PDA

View Full Version : Packing up dishes

CraftyBarb
January 28th, 2017, 01:08 AM
Years ago I had purchased through Avon their Ruby Red Cape Cod dishes. In the 30 years I have had them I have only used them once. They have been packed away in boxes ever since. My Aunt called me last week to ask if I wanted to sell them and told her I would like to. So she is buying them. Funny though she was the one selling Avon years ago when I bought them. After getting all the boxes out and going through all them..I did not realize how much I had. So I repacked them all. Did a little every day and finally they are all packed and ready for pickup. My hope was years ago I would have a home with a dining room where I could have a hutch to display them. That never happened. So it's time to let them go.

Mimis-quilts
January 28th, 2017, 01:15 AM
They are so pretty. Maybe your Aunt will be able to display them, as you had wanted to.

jjkaiser
January 28th, 2017, 01:16 AM
I am sure they will find a good home. Sometimes it feels so good to unload things and this looks like a complete collection. Someone will be very excited about this!

Monique
January 28th, 2017, 09:22 AM
At least they are still in the family and hopefully they get used.

Sandy Navas
January 28th, 2017, 09:55 AM
My sister has a similar collection.

seaturtle
January 28th, 2017, 11:12 AM
Wow, that's quite a collection you have! I hope she puts them into service.

Carolyn
January 28th, 2017, 12:00 PM
You just reminder me, I have this set also. In the attic, in the garage! The things we collect.

snippet
January 28th, 2017, 04:54 PM
I remember that collection! I'm so glad your dishes will have a new home. Hopefully they will be displayed and used. Congratulations on selling them!

Hulamoon
January 28th, 2017, 05:04 PM
I went to a few parties with my mom but only remember the crystal or maybe I'm thinking of something else.

Feels good to get rid of stuff. I have a lot of vases. I could open a funeral home. lol

alliek
January 28th, 2017, 05:11 PM
Well at least you know where they are.

laura44
January 28th, 2017, 10:58 PM
Nice collection. I bought a bunch of the glasses at a rummage sale in the
hope of reselling on Ebay. They do sell, but shipping costs are a lot.
I ended up donating to mine our local Habitat for Humanity re-sell shop.
Sure are pretty though.