PDA

View Full Version : Blinking Night Owl @,@

kimsophia
January 25th, 2017, 02:15 AM
Hoot hoot! How are yooou? I got my new glasses yesterday so I am adjusting to them. I can see better but the bifocals still take some getting used to.

No sewing is going on around here at the moment. I tried to bring out my cross stitch project but my cat decided that he needed to climb into my lap and interrupt that!

How are things in your nest?

Judy, USMC
January 25th, 2017, 03:41 AM
OK - what a coincidence! My glasses arrived ~ and they fit perfectly! Don't need bifocals - just have to take them off to read or do close work. Although it's an hour drive each way to the Veterans Administration's ophthalmologist it's well worth the trip. I'm a glaucoma suspect and they do very extensive annual testing. So I'm set for another year.

Tomorrow is another trip out of town - just an overnighter this time - and only 75 miles away! But I'm bummed. Was looking forward to a trip to Joanns but I found out their building was sold and is being remodeled so they closed that location. That leaves just one about an hour away and it's not the greatest ... a lot of fabric and crafts but little floor space. I don't know why they have carts at the door - you can't get them down the aisles.

Any other owls up tonight ? ? ?

Simply Quilting
January 25th, 2017, 04:13 AM
I am up for now. Dh is rocking little one at the moment. This night owl is surviving on coffee this evening. Poor baby has had a really upset tummy - lots of gas the past several days and nights. And add to it projectile vomiting (all our children were like this when they were babies), makes for some interesting times. The other day, him and I both had four complete outfit changes each. Thankfully, we were able to get into the chiropractor today and he is now a much happier camper. The chiropractor just rubs on his back and there is no popping of the spine so please rest assured that it is not harming him. The other thing that had helped the past few days is called "Coli Calm" which we pick up at Walgreens. It is not cheap but it works amazingly.

I've started on a quilt for dh. I am to the part that I need to square up the blocks before I cut and resew them. I had thought I might get started on them but it has not happened. I had a friend of mine wanting a quilt to give to her husband on their anniversary in June. I think we have figured out a pattern and now just need to find the fabric for it. I told her it was time for a road trip to go shopping :)

Hoot! Hoot!