PDA

View Full Version : Food processor recall

LindaKay75
January 22nd, 2017, 02:00 PM
Has anyone received any feedback from Cuisinart concerning the defective part. I filled out the form quite a while ago and I haven't heard back from them. Maybe I'm being too anxious.

Connie Jo
January 22nd, 2017, 03:42 PM
I'm thinking I filled mine out before Christmas. I just got mine last week

songbird857
January 22nd, 2017, 04:06 PM
Thank you for this! I have one of the affected models and never received notification, although I do believe I registered it when I bought it :)

Midge
January 22nd, 2017, 09:30 PM
Yes, I filled out the online form when I first heard about it. Then silence. Then - surprise! Last week a box arrived with a Conair return address. The replacement blade. I've used the new blade and it works fine. I am a little concerned, though, that it will not hold up over the long haul of what I expect the life of a Cuisinart to be, because of the way it is constructed without any rivets. Also it is noticeably lighter weight than the one you will be replacing. Do not tear into the box when you get it. It is hard to take apart, but that is so you can safely dispose of the old blade in that same box.

LindaKay75
January 22nd, 2017, 09:54 PM
Yes, I filled out the online form when I first heard about it. Then silence. Then - surprise! Last week a box arrived with a Conair return address. The replacement blade. I've used the new blade and it works fine. I am a little concerned, though, that it will not hold up over the long haul of what I expect the life of a Cuisinart to be, because of the way it is constructed without any rivets. Also it is noticeably lighter weight than the one you will be replacing. Do not tear into the box when you get it. It is hard to take apart, but that is so you can safely dispose of the old blade in that same box.

Okay, thanks for all the input. I filled out my online form way before Christmas. Hopefully I'll get it next week, if not, then I'll make a phone call. Thanks for the box info.
Last night I was watching QVC and they were selling the Kitchenaid food processor. I decided to hold off and wait for my part.

Hulamoon
January 25th, 2017, 09:52 PM
I didn't fill it out yet, but I called them this morning about my new processer I bought after Christmas. I was looking for a replacement part and was going to pay for it ( it was my fault ) but was taking a chance if they would cover it. I have to tell you what a nice company they are. I just said a part is broken and she didn't ask me one question how.

She called me Miss Lorie the whole time ( love that southern charm) and she asked about the roosters in the background. Very nice service!

So, for the recall they are making them as they go, that's why it's taking so long. I'm going to fill it out tomorrow so I can pass it onto someone.

LindaKay75
January 25th, 2017, 10:11 PM
I'm glad you're all getting good results. So far I have not. I finally got thru last night after trying for a week. The gentleman I talked to was very abrupt and just said his manager told him to tell everyone that the replacement parts are on back order. :icon_rolleyes:I gave him a service notification number that was given to me when I filled out the form but he didn't care to look it up. That's okay, eventually I will get it, :D I had another plastic part that broke so it went in the trash.

LindaKay75
February 17th, 2017, 02:05 PM
Just heads up about this subject Cuisinart. I just received an email saying I would get my replacement blade in May or June. I'm happy some of you have gotten yours. Thank you.

kimsophia
February 17th, 2017, 06:08 PM
I got an email saying that it was coming as soon as they could make enough, and they gave a link to a free digital cookbook...my cousin has received her new blade but mine hasn't come yet.

kensington
February 18th, 2017, 03:02 AM
You know, I had a 7 cup Kitchenaid foodprocessor for long time. I replaced with a Cuisinart... I didn't like it at all. Used it a few times, gave it away, got a new Kitchenaid. I love it.