PDA

View Full Version : Good Saturday Morning!

LauraP
January 21st, 2017, 11:49 AM
Well, we are going on our third day of no toilet in our house. The gas station is only a half a block away thank goodness. I guess after having all the lines snaked we are down to buying a new toilet. If that doesn't fix it, I think I will blow the house up and get a new one:) Luckily, my husband is not a cranky fix it man.

Other than that not a lot going on. The sun is shining and it looks like we might have a nice "fallish" type of day. Hope everyone has a good one. Laura

Carol336
January 21st, 2017, 12:48 PM
Oh my goodness Laura - I hope at least the weather is not nasty for your treks to the gas station. It's rainy and raw here today.

Made my second Winter Solstice block today - will post a couple of pics later. Also busy working on my niece's baby quilt. With the help of several great friends on this forum, I was able to find a couple of really nice elephant fabrics. Again, I'll post a couple of pics later.

Have a great day everyone

LynneLeavell
January 21st, 2017, 01:33 PM
Laura I'm with you on the bathroom situation. Back in March we had a water leak and had no water. I need to go to the Quilt Store today but I'm not sure it is my cards. It is raining and has not slowed up since I have been up. We even have some thunder. If I don't make it today I will go on Tuesday when they open up. But then again there are two that are open tomorrow, but the fabric I want is at one of my favorite quilt stores. Oh well guess I could work on my sewing room today and finish going through my fabric before I unpack more.

Every one stay warm, dry and safe. Have a good day.

Iris Girl
January 21st, 2017, 01:53 PM
Morning all. Slow start here today. Laura sorry to hear of your toilet issues, no fun for sure. I knew I should not have gone to work yesterday. I ended up leaving at noon, just could not handle it anymore. The achy back and chest ribs from a non productive cough and the stuffy nose plus my hips were just about killing me. Came home went straight to bed. Kids took care of dinner. Feeling much better today but my nose keeps getting the itchy gotta sneeze feeling, then it runs like a faucet or stays stuffy. We did manage to get food shopping this morning but my son and shopping helper got hit with the chills 1/2 way through. Today is hubbys Birthday and I promised him pumpkin pie and some flannel PJ's. So not feeling my best but trying to uphold my end of the bargain. It is 51 degres and sunny here today...Should have had laundry on the line but just too sick.
Have a good day all.

Jean Sewing Machine
January 21st, 2017, 03:30 PM
I would have to sleep at the gas station if I had no working toilet! How very inconvenient! Toto toilets are the best if you need a new one!

Trying to get up my mojo to finish a Valentine quilt. So far, it isn't inspiring me hope I like it better when it is finished. Already did a costume modification job, now to get back to some quilting!

toggpine
January 21st, 2017, 04:12 PM
Today is livestock pedicure day. Not a lot of fun, but it's less fun if they go lame and some of those ladies are starting to get pretty round with spring babies!
I imagine there will be more work on the beading project if there is something good on TV tonight. If not, I have more sketches and samples to make for the after school sewing class.
Sorry about the toilet situation Laura! I hope a new one will solve the problem.

JCY
January 21st, 2017, 04:25 PM
Sunny & 50 deg. here after a frosty 24 deg. early this a.m. The house smells lovely; I'm baking DH's spelt bread today. The 2nd loaf will be done baking shortly. Laundry is done.

Yest. I finished sewing the last 2 blocks of a D9P; it's ready to start sewing together the blocks. I used up several FQs from my stash. I have many UFOs waiting in the wings.

So sorry for the toilet problems, Laura. Years ago (probably for Y2K) we bought some sort of emergency toilet in the event of no water. Assuming the sewer would be working, we always could carry water from the nearby creek & flush the toilet that way. We live just 2 houses away from a creek. Hope you get things working soon. What an inconvenience.

I'm scheduled for a full body massage this afternoon. I'm ready! I strained my lower back on Thurs., so my R hip & leg are really bothering me. I hope she gets the kinks ironed out.

Anna Leigh
January 21st, 2017, 04:59 PM
I guess after having all the lines snaked we are down to buying a new toilet. If that doesn't fix it, I think I will blow the house up and get a new one Ah, total flashbacks to when I was a home owner. Hope things start to work out for ya!

Speaking of home owning... I did it. I took the first step of the home owning process. I applied for a loan on a home in our area, and best of all in my daughter's school district. Yes, it is the same house that needs some work and they dropped the price by $10,000. So I am making my move on it. Soon as I find out if I am approved for the loan, I am going to make an appointment to see the house. Hopeful, prayerful, and happy dancing all at the same time. Now I have to get a hold of the guy that does my taxes, so I can have the down payment on the house.

My worries for this week. Hoping the house does not sell like the last one I was interested in. Hope I don't get in trouble for looking at my Facebook page at work. I stupidly shared a post that someone posted and my supervisor shared the same post. Need to block my supervisor from my page feed. On the flipside I remembered to turn the heat down before I left for the weekend.

School started this week. I was so ready for it. My marketing class is fascinating. It's on consumer behavior. My other class is the first half of accounting. I really wish the instructor would spend less time trying to prove that accountants are and accounting is boring and actually teach the class. The jokes and comics are cute but that is when I start drifting off and start loosing focus for the class. Also the instructor told us to print out all the online stuff, and I did so. For now on I am printing this stuff out at the college library. Chapter one was nearly a small book to print out.

Sewing and Quilting front... I am sticking with my EPP. I really like it and I am glad I learned early on. Although I did pick up a few things from the Sue Daley Tutorials here at MSQC. Thank you for having Sue on!

Weather here. I am wondering where winter has been. Today, don't me wrong is lovely like a spring day in March/April. However, it means this summer will be hot and miserable. And I hate to say it, with out a really good winter around here crops will not be at their best.

Hope everyone has a great week!

Anna

LauraP
January 21st, 2017, 08:22 PM
SUCCESS!!!!!! We now have a sparkly white toilet that works. No more gas stations.

Jean Sewing Machine
January 21st, 2017, 08:29 PM
SUCCESS!!!!!! We now have a sparkly white toilet that works. No more gas stations.

Hooray for flushing! Not a convenience I would want to go without!

Carol336
January 21st, 2017, 09:03 PM
Woohoo - so happy for you!!!