PDA

View Full Version : Friday Friday Friday

Monique
January 20th, 2017, 06:37 AM
Can you tell it's Friday? Well yesterday was a total bust. Took Doug out, but it takes most of the day to get everything done. By the time I got home I didn't feel like doing squat. Maybe today I can get some things done and get some quilting done.

I have a hair appointment this evening and I think we are going to an auction sale tomorrow. No sewing machines that I saw (and that is a good thing).

You all have a great weekend everyone.

Jean Sewing Machine
January 20th, 2017, 07:01 AM
Hi Monique! It's not even 4 am here and I'm ready to start sewing some quilt blocks. Found some orphan Valentine layer cake squares in a tote, want to see how they will look as a double slice quilt. Smaller quilt, unless I can find some more fabric to go with these.

Have a good day.

Bubby
January 20th, 2017, 07:15 AM
Good Morning Everyone. I'm up a little early today to watch the new tutorial.

Good luck on your Valentine quilt, Jean. I thought I would get one done this year but it won't happen. have a cute heart runner on the kitchen table. I plan to make a simple patriotic quilt this year for taking to fireworks.

I need to make a flying trip to WalMart this morning to get chicken breasts for the Girls. They aren't spoiled or anything!

I hope everyone has a great day as we head into another weekend,. Hugs....

Iris Girl
January 20th, 2017, 08:03 AM
Morning all. Monique I have days like that also, once I go out and come back I don't feel like do much. Jen good luck on your V day runner. Barb I like to spoil our girls also. Not feeling so good today. Had a nagging cough all day yesterday that escalated as night came. Cough drops , water and cold medicine let me get a few hours sleep. Hubby said I should stay home today, but its only a 4 hour shift so will grin and bear it. Need the money too much to stay home. I got the flannel yesterday and washed it for hubby's PJ's and my new robe. Also tomorrow is Hubbys' B'day and he requested pumpkin pie. So will be making that tomorrow. Have my garden runner sandwiched and ready for quilting. We shall see how much I get done and how well I feel. I have been very diligent last 3 years wiping my register , phone etc down before I started work. This year I stated late and then stopped a bit and se what happens? My fault . WE have had 2 sick people in 2 weeks that I can't avoid. So it was inevitable.
Have a great day all.

Monique
January 20th, 2017, 08:28 AM
Morning all. Monique I have days like that also, once I go out and come back I don't feel like do much. Jen good luck on your V day runner. Barb I like to spoil our girls also. Not feeling so good today. Had a nagging cough all day yesterday that escalated as night came. Cough drops , water and cold medicine let me get a few hours sleep. Hubby said I should stay home today, but its only a 4 hour shift so will grin and bear it. Need the money too much to stay home. I got the flannel yesterday and washed it for hubby's PJ's and my new robe. Also tomorrow is Hubbys' B'day and he requested pumpkin pie. So will be making that tomorrow. Have my garden runner sandwiched and ready for quilting. We shall see how much I get done and how well I feel. I have been very diligent last 3 years wiping my register , phone etc down before I started work. This year I stated late and then stopped a bit and se what happens? My fault . WE have had 2 sick people in 2 weeks that I can't avoid. So it was inevitable.
Have a great day all.

Feel better soon April.

Bubby
January 20th, 2017, 08:37 AM
Hope you feel better soon,, Iris. (((HUGS)))

MRoy
January 20th, 2017, 09:05 AM
Good morning! I've not been posting much, my part time job has become almost full time as we prepare to switch over to a new property management computer program....go live is Monday. But I've been reading posts and commenting now and then. I've got a donation quilt on the frame waiting for me to get batting and backing from the guild. I hope to get to quilting it next week. Hope everyone has a great Friday and weekend.

Carol336
January 20th, 2017, 09:25 AM
Morning everyone.

I had the same kind of day yesterday Monique. Then DH took me out to dinner and I had a nice glass of red wine and everything just smoothed out!

Has anyone seen the new tutorial.....I looked for Anika's usual Friday morning post, but couldn't find it.

Hope you feel better soon April.

Hope to get a block or two together for the Winter Solstice Project today. But we're having dinner guests tonight so I'd better do a little cleaning/tidying up first.

Have a good day everyone.

Monique
January 20th, 2017, 09:46 AM
Morning everyone.

I had the same kind of day yesterday Monique. Then DH took me out to dinner and I had a nice glass of red wine and everything just smoothed out!

Has anyone seen the new tutorial.....I looked for Anika's usual Friday morning post, but couldn't find it.

Hope you feel better soon April.

Hope to get a block or two together for the Winter Solstice Project today. But we're having dinner guests tonight so I'd better do a little cleaning/tidying up first.

Have a good day everyone.

Here you go Carol. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdSp8BlKvsI

Carol336
January 20th, 2017, 09:49 AM
Here you go Carol. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdSp8BlKvsI

Thanks Monique. Just watched it - I'm not much for applique, but this sure is an awesome quilt.

peggiep
January 20th, 2017, 10:10 AM
Morning everyone!
Although the weather is a little gray this morning, it is really mild, with the temp hovering at 33F (+1C), Strange weather for this time of year for this area!
The kitchen renovation is still ongoing, with the cabinets arriving yesterday. There are boxes, tools, ladders, and other miscellaneous construction material everywhere! The new tile floor was laid yesterday, which made the actual kitchen out of bounds for 24 hours. That wasn't too bad since there is nothing in there, but getting from one side of the house to the other was a little challenging. Oh well, I think this will improve after today! I am just going to hibernate in my sewing room and try to get something accomplished.
April - I hope you feel better soon.
Monique - don't stress over not getting anything done, it happens to all of us.
Myrna - good luck with the new system. That can be quite an adventure all by itself!
Barb - you just go ahead and spoil the girls...that's just what we do with our fur babies.

Have a wonderful day everyone! Hugs

JCY
January 20th, 2017, 05:37 PM
I spent the morning watching the Inaugural events, from 8 a.m. to noon my time. I loved the blue dress & coat that Melania Trump wore. I thought it was interesting that several of the women wore white.

I'm just now getting here. Watched Jenny's tut. Not sure I like this one. I'm not much of a fan of only 2 color quilts. (I have a quilting friend who is on a red & white kick & has made several different patterns with those colors. She pre-washes all her fabrics.) The applique is more work, too. The adhesive stuff one uses adds extra expense, too. I never could get my sm. rotary cutter to work in that circle template. When I made that COC quilt, I ended up drawing the lines & cutting it out with scissors.

I'm plugging along on my D9P. I think I have 2 more blocks to go. Since the blocks will finish ~13", I won't add a border so I can use WOF for the backing. I'm lucky if I get 1 hr. a day to sew, so progress is slower than I'd like. It's also tax prep. time. I need to total up medical expenses, etc., since we itemize our deductions. It takes a while to get all the info. together.

After a cloudy a.m., we're getting sunshine; it's in the 50's. They predicted rain or snow showers; I'm glad they didn't materialize.
I hope everyone has a good week end.