PDA

View Full Version : Public Service Announcement of the Day

SallyO'Sews
January 19th, 2017, 02:05 PM
PSA: Do not store your deodorant next to the Stain Stick in the bathroom cabinet.
You're welcome.:0

Snip Snip
January 19th, 2017, 02:26 PM
Also, do not store toothpaste next to Prep H.

toggpine
January 19th, 2017, 02:47 PM
The Carmex lip balm looks a lot like the glue stick on the work table when you aren't paying a lot of attention.

bubba
January 19th, 2017, 02:52 PM
Don't put BenGay on sunburns either.......did that as a teenager and I can still feel it!

Caroline T.
January 19th, 2017, 03:04 PM
If your legs appear to have shrunk after putting on your favorite jeans, double check before going to work....you may have on your DH's pair.

shirleyknot
January 19th, 2017, 03:55 PM
Also, do not store toothpaste next to Prep H.

Bengay either

Caroline T.
January 19th, 2017, 04:37 PM
Bengay either

and definitely don't get the Bengay mixed up with the Prep H

Sandy Navas
January 19th, 2017, 04:40 PM
I have some Elmer's spray glue that looks remarkably like Simple Saline . . .

Sharyn J
January 19th, 2017, 04:47 PM
Don't put hair spray next to the spray deodorant!

DramaMama
January 19th, 2017, 04:58 PM
Powdered sugar looks a lot like flour when in glass mason jars but tastes quite different in homemade gravy!

LauraP
January 19th, 2017, 05:14 PM
don't confuse your glasses cleaner with your Visine...ouch!

jjkaiser
January 19th, 2017, 05:16 PM
Bio Freeze looks identical to the tube of anti-frizzy hair cream I sometimes use

Hulamoon
January 19th, 2017, 05:16 PM
Powdered sugar looks a lot like flour when in glass mason jars but tastes quite different in homemade gravy!

I worked with a guy that mistook baking soda for powdered sugar to drizzle on Danish for a breakfast buffet. Yuck!

Monique
January 19th, 2017, 05:41 PM
:icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_ rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl:: icon_rofl::icon

Carol336
January 19th, 2017, 06:35 PM
That was fun....even brought back a few memories - LOL

Snip Snip
January 19th, 2017, 06:57 PM
don't confuse your glasses cleaner with your Visine...ouch!

My mom did that once, putting drops in Dad's eyes. Neither one of them could see worth a darn, either before or after that. I can't believe the makers of those products use the same size and kind of bottle for both.

EnumclawGramma
January 19th, 2017, 08:04 PM
My SIL put rice on a cake once (thinking it was coconut) spelling "congratulations graduate". The looks that were exchanged! Rice in our family is ever after called "elbow coconut"

Midge
January 19th, 2017, 08:20 PM
Do not put your small white plastic squeeze bottle of nail glue in your makeup bag along with your small white squeeze bottle of eye drops. (Yes, I really did this and I have the emergency department bill to prove it)

Mary Lynn
January 19th, 2017, 08:23 PM
I used distilled water instead of vinegar to make a salad dressing. Both were in large plastic jugs. I now store in separate cupboards. DH used salt from my salt pig, on the counter, in his coffee thinking it was sugar.

laura44
January 19th, 2017, 09:06 PM
20 people at my home for Christmas this year. I usually put water on the
bottom of the turkey pan to help make broth for my gravy. I got the "smart idea"
is use up some extra canned broth, so I substituted it for the water. It condensed while
the turkey cooked. Made a big
pot of gravy- opps- it was soooo salty, had to throw it out. Sent my son to the store while
we all waited.

Vonnie
January 19th, 2017, 09:31 PM
My Aunt made my Uncle a beautiful birthday cake - but it tasted awful because she got the sugar and salt mixed up! We never let her forget it!

MRoy
January 19th, 2017, 09:38 PM
I've laughed and I've cringed and I've laughed again! Thanks for the fun.

mischiefkat
January 19th, 2017, 11:10 PM
After finishing 3-11 shift one afternoon, I was asked if I could do a double and cover 11-7 . Called DH to please bring me something to eat. Brought me a great ham& cheese sandwich with a cabbage leaf on it. Kathy

ucarrieme76
January 19th, 2017, 11:50 PM
Oh goodness you guys made me laugh tonight! Thank you!

peggiep
January 20th, 2017, 09:40 AM
:icon_rofl::icon_woot::icon_woot::icon_rofl:
Thanks for all the replies...that was really funny! Glad I'm not the only one that makes silly mistakes!

mommadeb
January 20th, 2017, 05:47 PM
I did this exact same thing one time when I was cooking at my mom's house. Nothing was labeled and I just grabbed the container and made gravy. Oddly, it was good.