• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Monique
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2011

PUBLIC AUCTION SALE - LOTS OF FEATHERWEIGHTS - West Wirginia

I am drooling.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!
  • Simply Quilting
    Missouri Star
    • Dec 2013

Re: PUBLIC AUCTION SALE - LOTS OF FEATHERWEIGHTS - West Wirginia

I'm drooling with you. Hopefully, those close by can attend and find a treasure.

It is too far for me to travel to. Too bad they don't have an on-line bidding system. One of our local auction companies now does it with on-line bidding while the live bidding is going on. The nice part is you don't have to be at the auction to bid and the items are shipped to you. The bad part is if you are at the auction items usually sell high due to on-line bidding.

Comment

• shirleyknot
      Banned
      Missouri Star
      • Sep 2014

I so wish........

Comment

• geegeequilts
        Missouri Star
        • Jan 2015

I just have a question for Featherweight owners...Is there a true "white" one? I've seen white ones on Craigslist & they really look white. I got a Featherweight that at first glance looked white but after I got it home it was the "barely green" color. I am very happy with it but still I would love to see what the difference is. I also have 2 black ones. Don't think I 'd buy much of anything at an auction unless the bidding was ridiculously low. I saw a 222 Featherweight (has a removable bed) on Craigslist for $995. Too rich for my pocket but still want one.

Gina

Comment

• MayinJerset
          Missouri Star
          • May 2012

I think the white Featherweights come in various shades of white most likely because of the variations in the white paints in the different years when the machines were made. My white Featherweight was made in Scotland in 1963 and is a creamy color.

Comment

• Carolyn
            The Guild President
            • Jul 2013

I'm in WV, but it is still about four hours from me. Next time.
            sigpic

Comment

• Carlie Wolf
              Missouri Star
              • Oct 2013

Ah, too far. If it was closer it would be fun to just go and watch. I wish I was rich too...that would help
              https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
              Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

• Ctbab
                Prairie Pointer
                • Jan 2015

Wonder what price the machines will go for. From the descriptions, it sounds like they know what they have to sell and can talk them up.

Comment

• Monique
                  Missouri Star
                  • Jan 2011

It all depends on what you want to pay. I bought my first one for $140 at an auction and the second one for $40 (this one is a 222k).

Comment

• shirleyknot
                    Banned
                    Missouri Star
                    • Sep 2014

I've never found one for less than $250, and always when I don't have the money to spare.

Comment

• Monique
                      Missouri Star
                      • Jan 2011

Originally posted by shirleyknot View Post
                      I've never found one for less than $250, and always when I don't have the money to spare.
                      Sometimes you just have to be in the right place at the right time. The $40 one was an on-line auction and the case was pretty battered, I think that is why no one wanted it. All she needed was some TLC and a little oil to bring her back. I was just VERY lucky with this one.

Comment

• BobW
                        Missouri Star
                        • Feb 2014

Originally posted by geegeequilts View Post
                        I just have a question for Featherweight owners...Is there a true "white" one? I've seen white ones on Craigslist & they really look white. I got a Featherweight that at first glance looked white but after I got it home it was the "barely green" color. I am very happy with it but still I would love to see what the difference is. I also have 2 black ones. Don't think I 'd buy much of anything at an auction unless the bidding was ridiculously low. I saw a 222 Featherweight (has a removable bed) on Craigslist for $995. Too rich for my pocket but still want one.

Gina
                        I think the white Featherweights were built in Canada or England. Sandy Navas or Bernice Kelly would know the answer for sure.

Comment

Working...
                        X