PDA

View Full Version : Prayers Requested for My Friends

JCY
January 17th, 2017, 10:53 PM
We have friends (our age) who are facing major medical issues. Kathy is having a heart cath tomorrow at 1:30 to make sure there are no blockages. If that is ok, she will undergo open heart surgery on Thurs. the 19th at 7:00 a.m. for an aortic valve replacement. She will be in ICU for 2 days, in the hosp. 5-7 days, to be followed by rehab. & a long recovery. Prayers please for the surgeon's skill, no complications, & a good recovery. Her husb. Wil has stage 4 colon cancer, which has spread to his liver and lungs. Chemo. no longer is effective. He went on hospice this mo. He's having quite a lot of pain. Prayers for him as he travels this cancer journey. They have supportive family in the area, but they cannot be available all the time. As they come to mind, please pray for them in the days ahead. Thank you!

grammaterry
January 17th, 2017, 10:55 PM
So many people with so much pain. Prayers for all.

Cokie
January 18th, 2017, 12:02 AM
Keeping your friends in prayer. As Terry said, so many people...so sad!

Anitamae56
January 18th, 2017, 12:34 AM
So much for all to induce, praying for all.

jjkaiser
January 18th, 2017, 01:44 AM
It sounds like this family has already suffered so much. Hoping Will can find relief soon for his pain and that Kathy's procedures are free of unwanted complications.

Bubby
January 18th, 2017, 06:28 AM
I will continue to pray for them. I'm sorry your friends are going through such difficult health issues at the same time.

Monique
January 18th, 2017, 09:24 AM
So many people with so much pain. Prayers for all.

My thoughts exactly.

Sandy Navas
January 18th, 2017, 09:32 AM
Added to the list - the prayers will be on-going.

songbird857
January 18th, 2017, 12:01 PM
Praying...

seaturtle
January 18th, 2017, 12:39 PM
Sending prayers...

LindaKay75
January 18th, 2017, 01:26 PM
Oh I'm so sorry to hear of so much pain in one family. My prayers go out to your loved ones.

MayinJerset
January 18th, 2017, 01:37 PM
Prayers for your friends.

Jean Marie
January 18th, 2017, 02:33 PM
Sounds if she will not be able to be there for her husbands most difficult time. So sad. Prayers sent.

SallyO'Sews
January 18th, 2017, 03:27 PM
Praying. Thanks for sharing; I consider it an honor to pray for others.

mommadeb
January 18th, 2017, 03:51 PM
So many prayers out to you and everyone. My goodness, what a way to start the new year out with a bang. Please keep us up on how everyone does.

sewbizzy
January 18th, 2017, 04:08 PM
Sending prayers for your friends...such a sad story...

JCY
January 21st, 2017, 10:36 PM
Update on my friend's surgery: Kathy had a heart cath. on Wed. They found 1 blockage, which was repaired during her open heart surgery on Thurs. the 19th. She had a rough surgery, which lasted about 9 hrs. instead of the projected 3-4 hrs. There was a problem with the valve leaking. The repair didn't work. The surgeon ended up using a different valve. She was on & off the heart/lung machine 2 times. She spent 24 hrs. in the ICU, but got to transfer to a step-down unit yest. Breathing tube & several tubes were out. She walked 3 times yest. Today she needed meds. to regulate her heart rhythm. Her husb. Wil, who has terminal cancer, was able to spend the night at the hosp. Wed. night. & waited all day during the surgery. His dau. is with him 24/7, so he has good care. Please continue to pray for no complications, good healing for Kathy, & peace for both of them. Thanks for your prayers!