PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday morning hellos!!!

Monique
January 17th, 2017, 08:44 AM
Good morning everyone. We are in for snow/freezing rain late this afternoon. Doug has cancelled his appointment for today, thank goodness. What is with this crazy weather? One day we are in a deep freeze and then next it is balmy!

Well I tinkered with that dang sewing machine for the better part of the morning. I got it to sew fast but you can't slow down. I think it is the foot pedal, as it is an air foot pedal. I tried the different stitches and it works. I also looked into maybe getting some embroidery cartridges on ebay. I will wait to see if this machine runs smoothly before I invest in anything else.

Today I have Victoria's Quilts and Bonnie and I are doing the snack. I made a couple of pumpkin loaves last night and one is half gone already. They turned out quite good.

Hopefully this afternoon I can get into my sewing room.

Have a great day everyone.

Sandy Navas
January 17th, 2017, 09:17 AM
Somehow, Monique, you manage to cram more things into a day than I can possibly think of - and I'm worn out right now from just reading how busy you have been and what you have planned.

Monique
January 17th, 2017, 09:23 AM
Somehow, Monique, you manage to cram more things into a day than I can possibly think of - and I'm worn out right now from just reading how busy you have been and what you have planned.

I can't sit still and do nothing, I have to always be doing something.

Iris Girl
January 17th, 2017, 09:30 AM
Morning all.
Monique you always seem to have something going on. I only have one LQS in my area and I never shop there way too expensive. But it is close and a Pfaff dealer so my machine goes there for servicing when needed. Luckily I have a Joann's (or maybe unluckily since it is a poorly kept one) and a hobby Lobby in my area and 2 walmarts with fabric. I do a lot of online shopping.
Crazy weather here also. Today sleet/freezing/rain/rain on the menu. Yesterday I stopped in Joann's after work to pick up some shredded foam and pillow ticking. Wanted to experiment with the "My pillow" theory. Foam was on sale so bought 3 bags to be sure I had enough and 1 yard ticking. LOL the girl at the cutting counter thought the ticking was such a pretty fabric. She was clueless.It was the generic floral stripe ticking in yellow ( not my fave color but oh well. Made the pillow with 2 bags and let hubby try it out. He really liked it a lot and told me to stop and get enough for another pillow for me. Under 10 bucks for a "my pillow" sure beats $100 they want on TV! That guy has some nerve charging so much.
Gonna try and work on my garden path runner when I get home after I get my pillow done.
Have a great day all

shermur
January 17th, 2017, 09:33 AM
Morning....

School resumes today, taking Halona to school. Come home and clean/tidy. Try and follow up on some job applications; then.....tackle the sewing room! It's got to be done today!

Hubby is at a meeting in Kansas City, will be back tomorrow. I would like to get much accomplished before he returns. I already feel like a failure after this move. I had high hopes I would find a job soon. I did accept a job offer, but it turned into a nightmare within the first 10 ten days and me resigning. I guess that is what happens when you're desperate and not patient.....

Monique
January 17th, 2017, 10:06 AM
Morning....

School resumes today, taking Halona to school. Come home and clean/tidy. Try and follow up on some job applications; then.....tackle the sewing room! It's got to be done today!

Hubby is at a meeting in Kansas City, will be back tomorrow. I would like to get much accomplished before he returns. I already feel like a failure after this move. I had high hopes I would find a job soon. I did accept a job offer, but it turned into a nightmare within the first 10 ten days and me resigning. I guess that is what happens when you're desperate and not patient.....

YOU ARE NOT A FAILURE! You just get that thought out of your head young lady!!

seaturtle
January 17th, 2017, 10:38 AM
Sherri, I'm sure that door closed for a reason. Something better is in store for you, you just have to be patient and it will all work out. No one needs a nightmare job in their life.

songbird857
January 17th, 2017, 10:44 AM
Good morning...
Sherri - you are not a failure just because your life has been in somewhat of an upheaval lately!! Hugs :)
April... my pillow huh??? Maybe I'll have to try this!
Monique - yes, you are always busy ;)

We are supposed to get some sleet/snow/rain/whatever here later today. I will be praying at the time my daughter needs to drive home from work. It doesn't look like it will be too bad at that hour (otherwise I may have insisted on bringing her to work....). Spread your wings baby and fly (and I'll try not to cry)...... why is it so much harder with her than with my older DD??
We had a whirlwind of a weekend, and my house shows it - so, I'll do some cleaning up around here this morning. My friend is coming for coffee in a bit - good thing she is the kind of friend where it doesn't matter what the house looks like ;)
I do have a few sewing things in the pipeline - okay, more than a few.

Have a great day all - the dishes are calling!

Bubby
January 17th, 2017, 10:55 AM
Morning Everyone,

Sherri, you are so NOT a failure at anything. Fill your mind with positive things about yourself so there's no room for negative thoughts. (((HUGS)))

I had to drop the Girls off to be groomed at 6 am so I went ahead and bought some food at WalMart while I was in Houston. The food is all put away and after I get off here I will clean the living room and hall carpet. Olive has had a few accidents lately.

Didn't I used to be a quilter?? I have zero desire to sew right now. Pretty sure it's that I have my mind and heart on Olive.

Special hugs (((HUGS))) to you, Norma. It's so hard to let them fly on their own. The day my DD left home to go to college in California I thought my heart would break. I was thrilled and scared for her at the same time.

Wishing everyone a blessed day with hugs all around.....

shermur
January 17th, 2017, 11:29 AM
Thanks to everyone uplifting my spirits....

You know, life sometimes throws curve balls the bat just can't make contact with. DH has some mild chemo treatments coming up for a type of lymphoma. I guess I'm scared not knowing how we're going to be able to financially survive without me contributing to the household. And, at this point....we can't even qualify to declare bankruptcy.

And, without being able to find solace in my sewing room for weeks now has been a missing tranquil in my life. I need to lean on God more.....again, thank you for being a positive.....:icon_sniff::icon_sniff:

JCY
January 17th, 2017, 12:25 PM
Good morning, All ~ The sun is shining. It's a crisp 20 deg. We might hit 50 deg. today. We have a warming trend here mid-week. Might even see 60 deg. later this week. Quite a bit of yesterday's snow has melted; it got up to 46 deg.

I got only 1 D9P block sewn yest. Had other little jobs to do which ate up the time. Monique, I don't have any problem doing nothing, as long as I have a good book in my hand! I love to read.

I heard on the news this a.m. that an 18 y.o. girl from Denver was one of those killed in that shooting in Mexico. Sad.

My DS in MD is working from home this week. His office is right downtown D.C. near the Pentagon. With security ramping up for the Inauguration, employees were advised to avoid downtown. Friday is a holiday for Federal workers. So with MLK yest. & the Fri. holiday, he will be working only 3 d. this wk.

We found someone to do our tax prep.: a lady from our church who is a CPA & has a home business. It sounds like she will be as reasonably priced as our prev. preparer. She is an answer to our prayers. Her husb. is our snow angel & clears our snow.

Time to get on with my day.

peggiep
January 17th, 2017, 04:31 PM
Good morning --- sorry its afternoon!
Just got home from having a colonoscopy and although I was a little light headed afterwards, it was as if nothing had happened! The prep for it was a little challenging, but I survived!

Now that I am home, I'm off to the sewing room to complete the "Handy Purse Organizer" and hopefully cut out the NCW so I can work on it tomorrow when the construction crew is banging away in the kitchen.

Sherri - I am sure you will find employment soon! Prayers being said that you do.
Monique - you have more energy than a 3 month old puppy....not that I am calling you a dog, but you NEVER stop!
April - that sounds intriguing. I never thought of trying to replicate "My Pillow"
Songbird - we are in for the same type of weather...very glad that my family will all be safe at home. Hope your daughter gets home safely.

Hugs and prayers to all!