PDA

View Full Version : Car Seat Poncho

mommadeb
January 14th, 2017, 03:33 PM
My DD asked me to make a car seat poncho for her DS so I found a pattern and made one. It was a bit fiddly putting the hood on but it was fun to do. My model was a friend's DD. She was not in a mood for modeling for sure so the pictures are not the best. I added the pockets as my own touch. They were not in the pattern.

The pattern is courtesy of: http://thelittleironpress.blogspot.is/2015/03/carseat-ponchos-tutorial.html

Sandy Navas
January 14th, 2017, 03:52 PM
My sister recently made a couple of these for her grandkids - she said they hung funny but were pretty easy to do and most definitely efficient in the cold weather.

Caroline T.
January 14th, 2017, 03:56 PM
Cute idea and poncho, but I'm curious how it works with the car seat and it's straps.

My GS was stubborn about had to have a blanket while in his car seat (even in the summer) so wrapping him up while making sure the car seat straps still fit properly, and he still had use of his hands/arms sometimes was a challenge.

mommadeb
January 14th, 2017, 06:46 PM
Just stuff the kid in the carseat and strap them in. Then put the poncho over them. The back of the poncho can go over the back of the carseat and the rest of it like a blanket on them.

mommadeb
January 14th, 2017, 06:51 PM
It does hang a little funny around the hood, but I topstitched around where it joined the body of the poncho and it lays much better. In fact, I topstitched around all of it because I like the look.

My sister recently made a couple of these for her grandkids - she said they hung funny but were pretty easy to do and most definitely efficient in the cold weather.

bakermom
January 14th, 2017, 07:02 PM
As long a nothing goes between the straps and the child you should be fine. This goes over the child as they are strapped in so safety shouldn't be compromised