• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • grammaterry
    Missouri Star
    • Dec 2015

Frustration comes in 3's

Well, the old Husqvarna wasn't feeding well, so I took it to the repair shop last week $87 for a cleaning.
    Came into the restaurant Thursday and my freezer was at 87 degrees...(87 seems to keep popping up)
    We lost about 1000 lbs of really nice food. The repair man will come tomorrow to look. He thinks its the compressor and will cost about $870 to get a new one.
    The new sewing machine has these cute little automatic scissors. The blade flipped out last night. After watching youtube, we got that fixed.
    The repair man for the old Husqvarna called and said that the machine wasn't working properly because the motor that makes the needle move side to side was not working. He said the part was $350. I'm not going to fix it. He said it would still do a nice straight stitch, just wouldn't zig and zag or do any of those nice fancy stitches.
    Guess I'm lucky I got that new machine.

So, I'm relieved that all the bad stuff is done and I can get on with life...that's what they say isn't it...things come in 3's.?
    success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiam
    Terry of NC
  • DeniseSm
    Missouri Star
    • Nov 2013

Re: Frustration comes in 3's

Whoa, you got the new machine just in time. Sorry to hear about the freezer. Is the loss of 1000 lbs of food covered by insurance?

Love your positive attitude, even when things are going bad in threes. Hope tomorrow is a better day for you.
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

• JCY
      Missouri Star
      • Jul 2013

So sorry for your troubles, Terry. I hope things will get better.

Comment

• shirleyknot
        Banned
        Missouri Star
        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by grammaterry View Post
        Well, the old Husqvarna wasn't feeding well, so I took it to the repair shop last week $87 for a cleaning.
        Came into the restaurant Thursday and my freezer was at 87 degrees...(87 seems to keep popping up)
        We lost about 1000 lbs of really nice food. The repair man will come tomorrow to look. He thinks its the compressor and will cost about $870 to get a new one.
        The new sewing machine has these cute little automatic scissors. The blade flipped out last night. After watching youtube, we got that fixed.
        The repair man for the old Husqvarna called and said that the machine wasn't working properly because the motor that makes the needle move side to side was not working. He said the part was $350. I'm not going to fix it. He said it would still do a nice straight stitch, just wouldn't zig and zag or do any of those nice fancy stitches.
        Guess I'm lucky I got that new machine.

So, I'm relieved that all the bad stuff is done and I can get on with life...that's what they say isn't it...things come in 3's.?
        They came in 7's for me this past year. Good luck.

Comment

• Bubby
          Missouri Star
          • Jun 2011

I feel your pain, Terry. We lost all our freezer food last week. At least I can recite everything that's in the freezer now. I hope this is the end of your troubles.
          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• Carlie Wolf
            Missouri Star
            • Oct 2013

Wasn't it Fri the 13th too. And the moon was full Thurs night.
            https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
            Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

• Lyndaj
              The Guild President
              • Dec 2015

I had the same week of things going wrong. I find it very interesting and timely that your old machine broke so soon after you got your new one. The universe is whispering stuff to us.

Comment

• shirleyknot
                Banned
                Missouri Star
                • Sep 2014

Universe needs to just shut up!

Comment

• grammaterry
                  Missouri Star
                  • Dec 2015

Insurance has a high deductible so we will not claim the food. Sometimes it is just better to "eat your losses" I mean that figuratively...the food was not eatable.
                  Yep, it is good that I got a new machine. Just read the post from the brother oiling machine. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Well, that was how I was treating my old machine. I made 40 quilts last year and over the past 10 years , it hard to say how many plus, in 2006 I made 300 furry full custom mascot costumes of sesame street characters. I made at least 2 sets of all the Disney princess costumes plus snow white and mermaid. I made 6 coyote bikinis and 3 coyote hats. All that furry fuzz that I thought I was cleaning out of the machine. He (the repair guy) said it was unbelieveable how much stuff he pulled out of themachine. I thought I was getting it all. hummm...So...I probably got most of the good out of the machine.
                  My only regret is that if I had learned to use all the functions, I might have noticed they didn't work that first year and the motor could have been replaced. I really don't think it ever worked. Oh well.
                  Yep..new day today. Weather is pretty warm 50's and the roads are dry so getting to work is not a real chore. Repair guy will be there at noon, so maybe it is just a relay switch or something and not a compressor. One can hope! Hope is what keeps us all going.
                  Terry of NC

Comment

• seaturtle
                    Missouri Star
                    • Jul 2015

Terry, so sorry to hear about all your troubles. Hope by the time you read this, you are doing better and have good news from your repair man.
                    Cindy

Comment

• sewbizzy
                      Missouri Star
                      • Feb 2012

Terry, I'm hoping you are in for "good luck"! So sorry for all your losses this week...
                      Carol

Sewing Mends The Soul ~ Author Unknown

Comment

• grammaterry
                        Missouri Star
                        • Dec 2015

Not the compressor...yeah! It was a relay switch. It melted. As of right now, the temperature is falling and hopefully by morning it will be down to 5 degrees and I can start buying new food. I am blessed.
                        Terry of NC

Comment

• Patty J
                          Missouri Star
                          • Jan 2012

Wonderful news, Terry. May you have used all your bad luck mojo up for the whole year.

Comment

• grammaterry
                            Missouri Star
                            • Dec 2015

Nope, it isn't working...It gets to 20 and then climbs back up to 40. I'll have to talk to the repairman next week and see what he thinks. I jus don't won't to spend a lot more on repair if its not going to work and of course, I don't want to lose any more food.
                            Terry of NC

Comment

Working...
                            X