PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday Hellos!

Bubby
January 11th, 2017, 12:39 PM
I guess I'll start our daily thread. I hope everyone is warm, safe and well.

Today is Olive's first treatment. It's a light chemotherapy that we pray will shrink the tumor in her urethra. If this doesn't work the urethra will completely close and she will begin to get toxic and we will have to say our goodbyes to her. The Prednisone should help the lymphoma for 4-6 weeks and that's a best-case scenario overall. If Jeff could cope with this we might be doing something different. Her treatment will take less than 2 hours and I will stay with her. Please help us pray for our little one.

We are expecting another ice storm Friday, which will make it impossible for us to get to Cuba again.

Wishing everyone a good day. I need to gather us up and head for the vet. Hugs all around........

TeaThyme
January 11th, 2017, 01:05 PM
Best of luck to Olive. I went through something similar ten or so years ago with my 12-year old Cocker, Tagg.

Over40momma
January 11th, 2017, 01:15 PM
Keeping good thoughts for you and Olive. :icon_hug:

Iris Girl
January 11th, 2017, 01:33 PM
Keeping the healing thoughts with you and Olive.

Cathy F
January 11th, 2017, 01:58 PM
Barb, you know you're in my prayers.

Carolnnc
January 11th, 2017, 02:09 PM
Praying for little Olive.

MayinJerset
January 11th, 2017, 02:35 PM
Good Luck Olive, we're all hoping the treatment is a sucess.

Still a bit cold here but the snow has melted which is good as the sunny glare had everyone wearing sun glasses. Had a bit of panic last night. Fell asleep watching TV while lying in the recliner when we had a power outage and I couldn't get out of the chair. Had to shout and wake DH up to help me. Needed to make a potty stop and would have never survived the 2 hours trapped in the recliner.
Just another fun filled night at the old homestead.

EsGrandma
January 11th, 2017, 03:00 PM
You are all in my prayers - stay warm and safe.

auntiemern
January 11th, 2017, 03:03 PM
Positive thoughts and prayers for you, Jeff, and Olive.

WendyI
January 11th, 2017, 04:25 PM
I'm so very sorry to hear Olive is unwell. :( Our furkids are like our children!! Hope she pulls through! xox

sew-what2015
January 11th, 2017, 05:14 PM
Prayers for all of you.

Navy Wife
January 12th, 2017, 01:06 AM
My prayers are with you and Olive. You know how I love Scotties. Wish I could be there to hug her and hold your hand