PDA

View Full Version : Loss of a great giant.

Caroline T.
January 10th, 2017, 06:40 PM
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fans-mourn-death-of-californias-famous-drive-thru-sequoia/ar-BBy631A?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=iehp

Hulamoon
January 10th, 2017, 06:47 PM
I know. That made me very sad. We drove thru her when I was little. I have a picture somewhere of us. It's like a piece of my childhood chipped away. My mom wanted her ashes scattered up there and she's still in my closet. :(

Bubby
January 10th, 2017, 06:50 PM
We saw this on the news yesterday and it's so sad. I visited there with my parents many years ago and I never forgot that one tree in particular.

snippet
January 10th, 2017, 07:13 PM
Awww. Seeing this tree was on my bucket list. So sad I missed seeing it's beauty.

I also wanted to see the Old Man of the Mountain in Vermont, but it collapsed in 2003.

cashs mom
January 10th, 2017, 07:23 PM
Oh, that's so sad. I remember my parents having a picture of their old car from the late 40's driving thru that tree when they were in California then. Later, we went thru it when I was a little kid on one of our vacations. I'm so sad to see it go.

Cokie
January 10th, 2017, 08:22 PM
This was on my bucket list, too. So very sad...

shirleyknot
January 10th, 2017, 08:42 PM
I got to visit that tree when I was 6. I always wanted to see it again as an adult. Sad now.

WendyI
January 11th, 2017, 04:26 PM
this was on my bucket list to see!! SO SAD!!!

GuitarGramma
January 11th, 2017, 06:28 PM
I'm not an outdoor-sy type, but DH is. He took me to this tree many years ago. I'm so glad I got to see it! And I'm so sad is gone. I'm going to have to re-think my indoor lifestyle. Nature isn't permanent.

GuitarGramma
January 11th, 2017, 06:42 PM
I'm not an outdoor-sy type, but DH is. He took me to this tree many years ago. I'm so glad I got to see it! And I'm so sad is gone. I'm going to have to re-think my indoor lifestyle. Nature isn't permanent.

shirleyknot
January 11th, 2017, 07:14 PM
Thats the neat thing about nature. Its never the same 2 days running.