PDA

View Full Version : Good Monday morning from a VERY cold little town

Monique
January 9th, 2017, 08:34 AM
YES, it is quite cold this morning. -20C converts to -4F. Well I packed up my stuff and headed to retreat this morning. I didn't realize how much stuff I needed. Les asks if I am packed to be away till Spring. Well I have a little food, sewing machine, a suitcase filled with projects, a suitcase filled with clothes, a bag filled with drugs, slippers, toiletry, bed clothes, a bag filled with fusible fleece, fusible batting, soft and stable and an iron. Can't forget the bread machine and the pail of flour. So yes it looks like I shall be gone for more than 4 days. I am so excited to be away for 4 days of just sewing. I am bringing my NCW to work on, having all the pieces cut out. And I am bringing along Jean's videos as well.

So on that note I bid you farewell until tomorrow. Have a great day everyone.

Patsquilting
January 9th, 2017, 09:00 AM
Good Morning - not quite that cold here (15 F) but cold either way you feel it. Have a great time on the retreat. SO worth it!

Ginny B
January 9th, 2017, 09:04 AM
Good morning. Happy Monday. Not as cold here as there Monique but still quite chilly. I think it's 15 or somewhere around there this morning. Sounds like you are ready for a great 4 days. Have a wonderful retreat.

I'm getting super excited to be heading to California on Friday night to finally get to hold my grandbaby Ezekiel John. I worked on making his set of stuffed blocks. I used my embroidery machine to embroider the initials for his name and also a few Disney characters.

Safe travels Monique. Have a great day everyone.

peggiep
January 9th, 2017, 09:20 AM
Have a great time, Monique! Your packing list definitely sounds like you will be gone till Spring! Hope you get your NCW completed. I am going to try to start one this week, but with the kitchen reno starting tomorrow morning, I'm not sure how much sewing I will get done in the next 5 weeks!

Yes, long-awaited the kitchen reno starts tomorrow. Right now, I am in a state of total chaos. We packed everything from the kitchen in boxes, dismantled the table in the dining room to give the workers space to get in and out with the debris of the removal, the buffet and every other flat surface in the house is covered with "kitchen" stuff that I will need to prep food during the weeks to come. I have waited many years for this to happen and I am so looking forward to the end result. Now I just have to hope the weather doesn't impede the progress since the contractor has to drive 60 miles to get here every day and there is a ton of snow forecasted for tomorrow, and freezing rain on Wed and Thurs. Yikes!

Stay warm and safe everyone! Hugs and prayers for all

Iris Girl
January 9th, 2017, 09:33 AM
Have a wonderful time sewing Monique! Its a chilly 8 degrees here. Work day. Snow coming Tues night and thursday as I here we shall see how that plays out. Made the labels for the cat quilt and hubbys quilt. They are not beautiful as I do not have an embroidery machine. But do the job with the alphabet I do have on my machine. Hubbys quilt is almost done. Just need to quilt the borders and then add the foot pocket and the binding. Stay warm everyone and smile!

Jean Sewing Machine
January 9th, 2017, 11:09 AM
YES, it is quite cold this morning. -20C converts to -4F. Well I packed up my stuff and headed to retreat this morning. I didn't realize how much stuff I needed. Les asks if I am packed to be away till Spring. Well I have a little food, sewing machine, a suitcase filled with projects, a suitcase filled with clothes, a bag filled with drugs, slippers, toiletry, bed clothes, a bag filled with fusible fleece, fusible batting, soft and stable and an iron. Can't forget the bread machine and the pail of flour. So yes it looks like I shall be gone for more than 4 days. I am so excited to be away for 4 days of just sewing. I am bringing my NCW to work on, having all the pieces cut out. And I am bringing along Jean's videos as well.

So on that note I bid you farewell until tomorrow. Have a great day everyone.
Glad I can come along with you! Good luck with your NCW project! Keep warm!

JCY
January 9th, 2017, 02:51 PM
Our deep freeze has broken. It got up to 56 yest. Today we're having Chinook winds -- very blustery! A high wind watch/warnings are in effect for all day. The wind has blown over our garage toters at curb side twice already. (Our garage pick-up day.) Our low this a.m. was 54 & it's already 60 deg.! Woo hoo! Sure am glad to see that 8.5" of snow melting away. The grass is showing through.

Yest. I finished up the binding on the alphabet quilt. It was a very simple pattern of fussy cut squares separated by white sashing to make it large enough. It was made from a panel for a cloth book. I mixed in other fabrics from my stash so it would be large enough. The variegated King Tut "Sheckles" thread really set it off. I'm pleased with the way it turned out. I'll post pics later.

Monique, I hope you have a wonderful quilting retreat. I know whenever I pack up everything to take an all-day class it seems like I have to haul a lot of stuff.

Well, it's time to check on load 3 of today's laundry.

CraftyJnet
January 9th, 2017, 04:44 PM
Good morning! Barely, since it will be noon in a few minutes :icon_razz:

Not sure what is going on today. We've had bad storms all weekend but fortunately, no flooding. It came closer than I like though. Everything is saturated. At least the temperature came up, I think it is about 56 degrees today. Well, I better go figure out the schedule for today. You all have a wonderful day!! especially Monique at her retreat!!