PDA

View Full Version : Nothing at all...

kensington
January 2nd, 2017, 04:52 AM
Just stopping in to say I am doing nothing at all. LOL. I saw the thread about what new sewing is going on for 2017, and I didn't post in there... cause I am not sewing at all. My quilt room is closed until Feb. 4th... when my son gets married. I made 11 large lap quilts and 2 bed sized quilts to give away for Christmas... Hubs loved his two sided Chiefs/Royals jelly roll race quilt. My sons loved the Disney Illusions and Batman vs Superman layer cake quilts I gave them.

We hosted 3 events... Christmas Eve Brunch for my family, Christmas dinner for our family, and Day After Christmas dinner for his family. I have slept in every day since. I just seem to be exhausted. LOL

I went shopping the day before New Years Eve, for my Mother of the Groom dress... I cried a tear, said a prayer and the first thing I picked to try on... was it! True story... first I cried, then I prayed, "Please God let something look good on me" and I started picking... went into fitting with about 7 or 8 dresses... and the first one... was the one I went home with. My hubs said... "Beautiful" when he saw it on. God really helped me on that. I HATE buying clothes, I cry almost every time. Silly thing I am.

So, last night... we rode the Trolley from Union Station all over the city on the Holiday Lights tour... then to the Plaza for dinner. It was a really nice date night.

Like I said... quilt room closed until after the wedding, and then we are planning a trip to Disney World in Mid February or First of March. Happy New Years EVERYONE! God Bless! Kensington/Gloria

Bubby
January 2nd, 2017, 12:41 PM
Wow....you are certainly entitled to take a month or so off from life! I'm so glad you found the perfect dress for the wedding. That's something you can cross off your list.

It's good hearing from you.

jjkaiser
January 2nd, 2017, 02:35 PM
Gloria you have definitely earned some R & R!!! But hopefully you will still be checking in with your Forum friends, alot can happen around here in a month you know lol!! Great news you found the perfect dress for the wedding. I hate shopping for special events too, I find it very stressful. (Also the dress styles that are "in" always look so terrible on me! I'm short. I hate my arms! Everything is sleeveless, you get the picture!)

RockinLou
January 2nd, 2017, 02:37 PM
Horray for the perfect dress! The same thing happened with my wedding dress ;-)

Good luck with the wedding, and enjoy your down time. I'm so jealous of your trip to Disney! We were married there almost 10 years ago. I have been back many times, but the past three trips were all overshadowed by disasters at home, so that sucked some of the joy out of it all. I want to go back with the kids, my husband really would rather we didn't because he wants to see more of the world, understandable, but then we never seem to go see those things.... I digress!

Enjoy your time off, don't be a stranger here!

Monique
January 2nd, 2017, 08:48 PM
Enjoy your time 'off'.

kensington
January 2nd, 2017, 09:59 PM
I think I did OK this year... usually, I am so exhausted after Christmas I get really sick. But, this year, just sleeping a lot and doing nothing. Like Vacation. LOL. Tomorrow starts the new list of things to do.

I am doing the cake for the wedding... and I need supplies.

This is the wedding cake I did for my older son's wedding...138674

My new Dil asked to use this pedestal too. I love it.

BethB
January 2nd, 2017, 10:45 PM
I understand about the dress. My daughter just got married Nov. 26 - right after Thanksgiving. I also hate to shop for clothes and dreaded the fact that they might not have one that I would feel good about wearing. I did, however, find a good one - not the first I tried on but the first time I went looking. I also made the three flower girl dresses, one junior bridesmaid dress, the garter, decorated the flower girl baskets and made little stuffed owls (in the hoop) as favors for the babies that were coming to the wedding. Weddings are a very busy time!!!

EnumclawGramma
January 3rd, 2017, 02:04 PM
I get the need for rest! The holidays are always the busiest time of year and we take on so much. And wind up paying for it later....but SO worth it!

Several years back, my boys got married within a month of eachother! One Summer, TWO weddings! I went shopping with my Sister and within ONE hour found both my dresses in the same store! I took 2 dresses in, tried on, loved them and that was IT! I was thrilled beyond words. So, yeah. I get it.

auntiemern
January 4th, 2017, 12:03 AM
After all the quilting you did, you certainly deserve a break. I know how stressed you are over the whole wedding thing. So glad that you found the perfect dress...but seriously, if you had come out in a potato sack, Martin would think you look beautiful. Take the time to rest now...don't let the stresses of the wedding get to you, and enjoy Disney. (I know you will)

snippet
January 4th, 2017, 02:47 AM
I'm so happy for you Gloria! You are on a roll with great things to come for sure. So happy you found your dress. I remember shopping for mine when Grace got married a few years ago and thankfully it was in the first store we went to. I am not a shopper either.

Enjoy the wedding. That pedestal is beautiful! Where did you get it?

kensington
January 4th, 2017, 02:56 AM
I'm so happy for you Gloria! You are on a roll with great things to come for sure. So happy you found your dress. I remember shopping for mine when Grace got married a few years ago and thankfully it was in the first store we went to. I am not a shopper either.

Enjoy the wedding. That pedestal is beautiful! Where did you get it?

Thanks! It's Godinger Crystal and we got it in the Exchange on Navel Base Everett, Wa. Martin and the boys gave it to me for Christmas the year we were stationed there.