PDA

View Full Version : Welcome a new day and a new year

Monique
January 1st, 2017, 09:44 AM
Welcome to 2017. We had a blast last night, great food, and I mean GREAT food, great company and we played Balderdash (I bought the newest version). Did you know: In St. Louis, Missouri, it it illegal for a fireman to rescue a woman wearing a nightgown. Did all your ears ring as I thought of all of you living in Missouri?

Have a wonderful start to the new year friends.

Lyndaj
January 1st, 2017, 11:06 AM
Happy new year everyone.

First goals for this year: 1. finish my dog's new coat I started last month, 2. cut and make the one block wonder quilt for my MIL, 3. get the ok to start running after 5 months off on January 9, 4. buy a Bernina 770QE.

Wishing everyone an amazing 2017.

Ginny B
January 1st, 2017, 11:43 AM
Happy New Year everyone! We had a nice time at our neighbors last night. I was looking forward to watching the Rose Bowl Parade this morning but forgot that when New Year's Day falls on a Sunday, it is put off until Jan. 2. Seems that started way, way back when they were afraid that the sounds of the parade would frighten the horses waiting outside all the churches along the parade route. So, I will have to wait until tomorrow. But I think we will still have our cinnamon buns today. :)

I need to give my Pfaff a good cleaning so maybe I'll do that today. I have a baby quilt I want to start and, of course, I want to make something with my embroidery machine......Just not sure what.

I hope you all have a wonderful New Year's Day and all the best for 2017.

Bubby
January 1st, 2017, 11:48 AM
Happy 2017 everyone. I hope the new year is good to you and yours.

pjyoder414@yahoo.com
January 1st, 2017, 12:42 PM
Happy New year everyone, hope you have an amazing year with lots of blessings.

Iris Girl
January 1st, 2017, 01:51 PM
Happy New Year everyone! No real plans or traditions for New Years here. I am making a pot roast in the crockpot and will have mashed taters, gravy and a veggie. For dessert my son and I made a blackberry/raspberry pie and a tart. Have plans for another NCW for someone very special. Other then that nothing going on.

peggiep
January 1st, 2017, 02:07 PM
Happy New Year one and all! Very quiet day, hubby is out blowing the driveway and I am starting to think about taking the Christmas decorations down.
Just downloaded the NCW pattern and hope to start one later today, if I am feeling better. Seems somewhere in all the festivities, someone gave me their cold and my head is all stuffy and I am coughing almost constantly. Oh well, I will get over it soon.
Blessings to all for a truly wonderful, healthy and happy New Year!

sew-what2015
January 1st, 2017, 04:55 PM
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

I did no sewing. The day isn't over yet but I am taking down my decorations. That should take a couple of hours. Then we are heading out to a meal at a relative's home.
Hoping to get the sewing machine busy tomorrow morning.
Hope everyone has a healthy and prosperous 2017.

bhaggerty
January 1st, 2017, 08:42 PM
Happy New Year's Day all! Lazy day here. Just working on a crochet project that is about half done.