PDA

View Full Version : Did you keep a resolution?

Hulamoon
January 1st, 2017, 12:51 AM
Of course not. lol Mine was to keep up with dishes. I don't have a dishwasher. Dang it. I have a few others, mostly addiction to news. I like to be up to date, but this year was a little depressing.

Caroline T.
January 1st, 2017, 01:09 AM
Every year I make one resolution, and that is to make no resolutions.

Kgrammiecaz
January 1st, 2017, 01:16 AM
Best resolution is no resolution.

jjkaiser
January 1st, 2017, 02:06 AM
Hahaha you are kidding right. No New Year's resolutions for me!

jjkaiser
January 1st, 2017, 02:09 AM
Of course not. lol Mine was to keep up with dishes. I don't have a dishwasher. Dang it. I have a few others, mostly addiction to news. I like to be up to date, but this year was a little depressing.

A little depressing??!!#! It was a throw up your hands and wail and pound on the wall kind of news year! I am a news junkie too, sadly.

Juliet Taylor
January 1st, 2017, 06:57 AM
I don't have a dishwasher either but thankfully I don't mind much washing the dishes (Although sometimes I let them pile up until hubby comes and cleans everything!)

This new year I do have a resolution which is: to sew a little every day! Even if it's just 15 minutes! I love it and I need it :)

Carlie Wolf
January 1st, 2017, 09:20 AM
Well this is what Carlie is suggesting for me: I'm considering it

Monique
January 1st, 2017, 09:34 AM
No resolutions for me either!

Vonnie
January 1st, 2017, 09:49 AM
Just a revolution - Battle of the Bulge! But that is an ongoing revolution with no end or victor in sight. :(

seaturtle
January 1st, 2017, 10:11 AM
I don't make resolutions, either. I make project lists and hope for the best. And just for kicks, I work on them in alphabetical order ;)

Lyndaj
January 1st, 2017, 11:04 AM
I don't believe in them. Make goals at any time of the year and go from there.

grammaterry
January 1st, 2017, 12:35 PM
I used to get all involved in the hype of the change of the calendar, but the reality is, it doesn't affect me much. I don't party, I don't watch football, I'm not superstitious (although DH has that thing about the food on New Years DAY and I acquiesce to his ), and so, life just goes on. Sometimes I resolve to lose 5 lbs but never on New years day... just when I can't button my pants. lol.

Patty J
January 1st, 2017, 01:17 PM
This year I have decided to just live life to the fullest, appreciate each day and to do something just for me every day at least for a little while.

Carlie Wolf
January 1st, 2017, 01:37 PM
Grammaterry, I've never heard about food superstitions on New Years Day. Would love to hear some :-)

Vonnie
January 1st, 2017, 01:40 PM
I used to get all involved in the hype of the change of the calendar, but the reality is, it doesn't affect me much. I don't party, I don't watch football, I'm not superstitious (although DH has that thing about the food on New Years DAY and I acquiesce to his ), and so, life just goes on. Sometimes I resolve to lose 5 lbs but never on New years day... just when I can't button my pants. lol.

What food does your DH insist on? My mother had to cook black eyed peas, cornbread and hogsjaw - every year. After I married I realized I could choose the menu - never could stand the black eyed peas. Today we are having a nice pot roast, glazed carrots, mashed potatoes and gravy and pineapple upside down cake. My family loves this type of food so I believe that is what we should have, our favorites, start the year off right.

mischiefkat
January 1st, 2017, 02:57 PM
A little depressing??!!#! It was a throw up your hands and wail and pound on the wall kind of news year! I am a news junkie too, sadly.

News junkie also. I second your post. Hopefully, New Year will be better. Kathy

mischiefkat
January 1st, 2017, 02:59 PM
Just a revolution - Battle of the Bulge! But that is an ongoing revolution with no end or victor in sight. :(
Yes maam , I second this post as sit here eating chips. Kathy

Bubby
January 1st, 2017, 03:28 PM
I no longer make resolutions....I wing it from day to day. We found 2016 to be a miserable year.

mischiefkat
January 1st, 2017, 03:30 PM
I no longer make resolutions....I wing it from day to day. We found 2016 to be a miserable year.

Yes It was! kathy

Hulamoon
January 1st, 2017, 06:15 PM
The question wasn't are you making a resolution, but did you keep one. My kitchen looks the same as last year. lol

I am making one though. I bought a new food processer so I want to do some more fresh foods. Do some weekend prep to keep up with it. I think I need to buy a planner :D

Patty J
January 1st, 2017, 06:54 PM
Last night our minister said that 92% of people fail to follow thru with their resolutions, I used to start out good for a few weeks, but then I get sloppy and fail. Just because others fail doesn't mean you shouldn't try, you might well be one of the 8% that follow thru. Good Luck

sewluvit
January 1st, 2017, 08:53 PM
I probably have never kept a resolution but no harm in making some. Usually it's about cooking and eating better. Once we get on track we enjoy our food more than eating junk. Hubby is good at getting on board with my plans too.